Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325176 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.2
« Reply #630 on: December 04, 2014, 01:30:39 PM »

You could, you know, trade at the start.

Also that gun is probably the Cobra.  Shields/phasing will stop it, and then the hound is flux-logged and easily killed afterwards.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 04, 2014, 01:44:22 PM »

I am sure I could trade if supplies were as cheap as they seem to be in your own play tests. For me, for some reason, they are not. I may try to play SS+ with only integrated factions to see what happens, but to be frank, I just don't really care for the Templars and Imperium. But if you think it would help, I would not mind trying it out.

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 04, 2014, 03:13:46 PM »

A small suggestion if its possible to do. Please,  make astral and trident more easier to find in your vanilla (without other faction) mod in next version. I gave up searching for them (in other words stopped buying all the ships in the stations to force respawn).

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #633 on: December 04, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »

I found tridents in my dev version.  Astral, eh, not so much.  Nobody other than the TT stocks them and they don't have a large enough market for it.  Currently you can hardly find any high-tech capitals anywhere.

I might add another system to the Imperium, including a new heg and tri-tachyon base.  The TT base will have a size-5 military market.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 04, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »

I found tridents in my dev version.  Astral, eh, not so much.  Nobody other than the TT stocks them and they don't have a large enough market for it.  Currently you can hardly find any high-tech capitals anywhere.

I might add another system to the Imperium, including a new heg and tri-tachyon base.  The TT base will have a size-5 military market.

A system with Imp, Heg, and Tach together sounds like a cool idea and would certainly make me like the Imperium much more, as it'd be easier to interact with their standings... I think.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 04, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »

It'd be nice if there were some smaller II and Heg fleets to fight with in II's sector to raise standings with them before you have a super fleet, but I can see how it'd be difficult to manage since the way they cluster around planets and stations means one big fleet can come by and mow down a whole pack of smaller ones.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Kaioh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 04, 2014, 11:44:49 PM »

I too am having trouble with this addon to the vanilla. Sure it's fun with all these new ships and all, but most, if not ALL, of the enemy ships(I mainly go for Pirates) are faster than your starter ships and can go no where. All you literally do is chase, occasionally get a hit or two and REPEAT!!!! I can't start a fleet because I lost all of my ships that could actually catch up to them, but they had VERY BAD FLUX CONTROL so they wouldn't even have a chance. Really frustrating.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 04, 2014, 11:55:08 PM »

I haven't had any more problems with fleet speed in SS+ than I have in vanilla, simply requiring a bit of tactical maneuvering in the beginning, nor do I think flux management was changed much if at all...
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 05, 2014, 12:17:46 AM »

SS+ fleets are generally faster, but not to the point where it would actually cause any problems.
And vanilla pirates are just ridiculuously slow due to abundance of (D) ships.

Ratheden

• Lieutenant
  • Slaughter cannot be spelled without Laughter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 05, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »

Thank You for a great mod.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #640 on: December 05, 2014, 10:55:27 AM »

Pirate fleets are up to twice as fast as in vanilla because they do not always spawn (D) ships.  However, their max speed is still 6 (4 with a destroyer), so a frigate pack should be able to catch them.

SS+ does not make flux management harder.  The randomized variants do, however, make pirates far more difficult to kill because their variants are no longer deliberately made terrible; they aren't exclusively using thumpers, salamanders, and mining lasers anymore.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 05, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »

Tried this a few times today with different set ups. Usually I would run out of money trying to make long distance trades because of the lack of fuel I could afford. At least this starting path gives you more supplies to work with, though.

It always ended the same within the first month though- as an example with my last game, my mule was simply intercepted by a large pirate fleet in hyper space. Not much to be done about that. GG.

Edit: Trying something different. I started in the Hammerhead again and there was no one to fight in Corvus so I decided to go to Hyperspace to see if there was anyone I could catch to fight. There was not anyone nearby so I decided to fly off in the west direction to check out any other place that maybe I coul make money doing something. I ended up getting caught by a huge pirate fleet and died, unable to escape.

Also I stress it again, I am not complaining nor do I think you need to re-focus your effort on this mod. But again, I want to point out that giving a Tri-Tachyon starter with a wolf a bunch of needlers does not help the player afaik.

Edit 2: So I started out as Tachyon, killed some stuff in Corvus, having to cheat myself some supplies due to the lack of money for said supplies. I decided to go to the Valhalla system so maybe I could base with the Tachyon there and fight the Hegemony. Something different. Nope, can't do that. No stations owned by Tachyon in the system have any supplies. Mimir and Skathi are both devoid of Supplies and food, but hey, they got thousands of gasses, so that's great. What is the point of systems like this? lol
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:48:38 PM by TartarusMkII »

Gorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 05, 2014, 02:34:41 PM »

hi, how to increase memory???

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #644 on: December 05, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »

Tried this a few times today with different set ups. Usually I would run out of money trying to make long distance trades because of the lack of fuel I could afford. At least this starting path gives you more supplies to work with, though.

It always ended the same within the first month though- as an example with my last game, my mule was simply intercepted by a large pirate fleet in hyper space. Not much to be done about that. GG.

Edit: Trying something different. I started in the Hammerhead again and there was no one to fight in Corvus so I decided to go to Hyperspace to see if there was anyone I could catch to fight. There was not anyone nearby so I decided to fly off in the west direction to check out any other place that maybe I coul make money doing something. I ended up getting caught by a huge pirate fleet and died, unable to escape.

Also I stress it again, I am not complaining nor do I think you need to re-focus your effort on this mod. But again, I want to point out that giving a Tri-Tachyon starter with a wolf a bunch of needlers does not help the player afaik.

Edit 2: So I started out as Tachyon, killed some stuff in Corvus, having to cheat myself some supplies due to the lack of money for said supplies. I decided to go to the Valhalla system so maybe I could base with the Tachyon there and fight the Hegemony. Something different. Nope, can't do that. No stations owned by Tachyon in the system have any supplies. Mimir and Skathi are both devoid of Supplies and food, but hey, they got thousands of gasses, so that's great. What is the point of systems like this? lol

You ought to figure out which mod is killing supply costs across the sector; they're literally three times more expensive/scarce than they should be for you.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 197