Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325193 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.2
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »

SS+ adds ships to markets; many of these are SS+ ships but some are vanilla ships, faction ships, etc.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2014, 01:34:52 PM »

That begs the question...

No it doesn't. http://begthequestion.info/

It's unfortunate you weren't around to keep ye olde English from evolving. I think it sounds cooler.

They need to be involved in the boarding party.  You can select multiple ships for this, you know.

I actually didn't know that. I'm curious what caused me to never try; might be something for Alex to reinforce.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »

They need to be involved in the boarding party.  You can select multiple ships for this, you know.

I actually didn't know that. I'm curious what caused me to never try; might be something for Alex to reinforce.

what? I had no clue. Definitely needs to be on the tooltips somewhere

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 30, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »

Problem: With the newest updates of all mods compatible with Starsector +, I can't load even a freshly created game: Mods are incompatible or something else is wrong.

I have these mods:

Starsector + 2.2
Citadel 0.7.4b
Imperium 1.5.1
Lazylib 2.0b
Shadowyards 0.5.2.2
Templars 0.9.3e
Mayorate 0.8.1
Version Checker 1.2 (Doesn't work really well, btw)
Shaderlib 1.01

My friend has the exact same configuration except for Starsector + 2.1.2 and he's not having any issues.

Edit:

I tried with SS+ 2.1.2 and it doesn't work either.

Edit:

Reinstalled everything, it works. I think starsector.bat was messed up.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:43:18 PM by Cromodus »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 30, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »

Sorry to intrude, but could you give more detail on this? If there's something wrong with that mod I'd be glad to fix it. :)

If you're referring to SS+, ShaderLib, Interstellar Imperium and the Templars failing their update checks, that's because DR's personal site is down and that's where his version files are hosted.

Ratheden

• Lieutenant
  • Slaughter cannot be spelled without Laughter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 30, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »

I too have had it say it failed, but when you check each file one by one, the checker says they are all up to date.

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 30, 2014, 02:08:03 PM »

Sorry to intrude, but could you give more detail on this? If there's something wrong with that mod I'd be glad to fix it. :)

If you're referring to SS+, ShaderLib, Interstellar Imperium and the Templars failing their update checks, that's because DR's personal site is down and that's where his version files are hosted.

Ok, that's exactly what happened. Thanks.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #592 on: November 30, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »

Problem: With the newest updates of all mods compatible with Starsector +, I can't load even a freshly created game: Mods are incompatible or something else is wrong.

I have these mods:

Starsector + 2.2
Citadel 0.7.4b
Imperium 1.5.1
Lazylib 2.0b
Shadowyards 0.5.2.2
Templars 0.9.3e
Mayorate 0.8.1
Shaderlib 1.01

My friend has the exact same configuration except for Starsector + 2.1.2 and he's not having any issues.

Edit:

I tried with SS+ 2.1.2 and it doesn't work either.

You need more memory allocation for Starsector.

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »

I see that battle size is locked on 400 in options. Can I change it somehow to 500, as in vanilla?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »

It's deliberately set to 400 for balance/consistency.  You can force it to a different number in settings.json.

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 30, 2014, 03:57:22 PM »

Thanks, found it

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 02, 2014, 06:55:32 AM »

After playing a little I think Revenant-class Phase Destroyer with his phase and teleport is somewhat unbalanced and annoying.  Been fighting against big fleets where their main flagship is this, and I literally can't do anything against him. My whole fleet (after killing everything else), follows him, so he is always phased so I can not attack him, and he can not attack me so he wait until his flux goes to max, and than teleports a whole screen away, vents in sec and goes back to same thing watching each other. The problem is my fastest ships with almost 300 speed can not catch him when he teleports, so we were watching each other for 10 min, until he decided to retreat.

Also that ship is the fastest in the whole game, as there is no chance to catch him ever how far and often he can teleport.

Suggestion, maybe remove teleportation.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #597 on: December 02, 2014, 07:34:17 AM »

After playing a little I think Revenant-class Phase Destroyer with his phase and teleport is somewhat unbalanced and annoying.  Been fighting against big fleets where their main flagship is this, and I literally can't do anything against him. My whole fleet (after killing everything else), follows him, so he is always phased so I can not attack him, and he can not attack me so he wait until his flux goes to max, and than teleports a whole screen away, vents in sec and goes back to same thing watching each other. The problem is my fastest ships with almost 300 speed can not catch him when he teleports, so we were watching each other for 10 min, until he decided to retreat.

Also that ship is the fastest in the whole game, as there is no chance to catch him ever how far and often he can teleport.

I don't have those problems when fighting revenants.  Since it is a big Hyperion, I'm putting a CR timer on it, though.  I'll see if I like making the startup of the teleport vulnerable to hits, as well.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 02, 2014, 07:47:23 AM »

I don't have those problems when fighting revenants.  Since it is a big Hyperion, I'm putting a CR timer on it, though.  I'll see if I like making the startup of the teleport vulnerable to hits, as well.

I'd love it if most teleporting things bigger than a frigate had a very brief pause before teleporting where they could get hit by things. I think it's pretty fair!

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 02, 2014, 08:10:39 AM »

Phase cloaking has always been a no-go for me. I'm too fumbly to make it work right myself, but I refuse to fight an AI vessel with it unless he's crippled and surrounded.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 197