Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325479 times)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.1.1
« Reply #555 on: November 27, 2014, 01:09:31 AM »

Just a heads-up (you're probably aware of this already, but I figured this post might be useful if not): attempting to download from any of your links going to sc2mafia.com say that the site has exceeded its bandwidth. The site seems completely unavailable unfortunately.  :'(

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #556 on: November 27, 2014, 01:24:03 AM »

Just a heads-up (you're probably aware of this already, but I figured this post might be useful if not): attempting to download from any of your links going to sc2mafia.com say that the site has exceeded its bandwidth. The site seems completely unavailable unfortunately.  :'(
That will be a problem for the forseeable future.  I don't have the money for a new server, I don't have time to switch servers even if I did, and I don't have the time or willingness to migrate everything to free locations.

Fun fact: thread images account for over 150 GB of bandwidth per month, even when spoilered.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:25:34 AM by Dark.Revenant »

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 27, 2014, 01:29:07 AM »

Oh wow, that's insane. Just figured it'd be nice to let you know since the main download link was giving me that error.

cravin74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 27, 2014, 05:21:53 AM »

I've just recently got back into playing Starsector with the 0.65.x versions. I have this mod, Knights Templar, Mayorate and Imperium running on it. In my playthrough the bounties being posted had their values and fleet sizes reduced after I completed an assassination mission on the Templars. They were steadily rising before that as my fleet size grew and now don't seem to get above 60k. Could there be some interaction between mods that could reset this parameter?

This happened on version 2.1.0, I have updated to 2.1.1 and it looks to be persisting. I happen to have a separate save just before engaging the target fleet so I could see if things turn out the same if I don't do it.

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 27, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »

Hello. I am trying your mod out, but because ShaderLib and my crappy comp, the game runs like crap. Is there a way to disable it (so no fancy graphics) and play your mod at the same time?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 27, 2014, 12:11:50 PM »

EDIT: Scratch that, yes, you can, go into the mods settings and disable distortions and anythign else you don't need.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:13:40 PM by ValkyriaL »

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 27, 2014, 12:22:06 PM »

EDIT: Scratch that, yes, you can, go into the mods settings and disable distortions and anythign else you don't need.

How to get to mod settings? I dont see any new options in graphics settings in the game

KvaNTy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 27, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »

How to get to mod settings? I dont see any new options in graphics settings in the game

Open "...\Starsector\mods\ShaderLib\shaderSettings.json" within any text editor and switch options you dont need to "False"(or "enableShaders":false to disable mod entirely).

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #563 on: November 27, 2014, 01:25:34 PM »

I've just recently got back into playing Starsector with the 0.65.x versions. I have this mod, Knights Templar, Mayorate and Imperium running on it. In my playthrough the bounties being posted had their values and fleet sizes reduced after I completed an assassination mission on the Templars. They were steadily rising before that as my fleet size grew and now don't seem to get above 60k. Could there be some interaction between mods that could reset this parameter?

This happened on version 2.1.0, I have updated to 2.1.1 and it looks to be persisting. I happen to have a separate save just before engaging the target fleet so I could see if things turn out the same if I don't do it.

Assassination missions are worth twice as much as normal bounty postings.  High-stability worlds offer a lot more in general, as well (I'll be toning this down in the next version, though).  The upper bound for a bounty is a whopping 1,145,000 credits, but even at that same level (level 15, having finished 38 bounties) you can get them as low as 122,500 credits.  The swing range is kinda huge.  In the next version that swing range will be 122,500 credits to 669,500 credits at max level, as a point of comparison.

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 27, 2014, 03:17:24 PM »

Open "...\Starsector\mods\ShaderLib\shaderSettings.json" within any text editor and switch options you dont need to "False"(or "enableShaders":false to disable mod entirely).

Thanks, it works.

I hope I will not have corrupt save file as I am using 32bit OS, so I installed only this mod without any additions. 

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 27, 2014, 03:19:29 PM »

I run this and Interstellar Imperium fine with the 1024MB allowed by my 32bit system. Sometimes the game requires restarting to be able to load after long sessions, though.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

cravin74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 27, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »

Assassination missions are worth twice as much as normal bounty postings.  High-stability worlds offer a lot more in general, as well (I'll be toning this down in the next version, though).  The upper bound for a bounty is a whopping 1,145,000 credits, but even at that same level (level 15, having finished 38 bounties) you can get them as low as 122,500 credits.  The swing range is kinda huge.  In the next version that swing range will be 122,500 credits to 669,500 credits at max level, as a point of comparison.

In my case I am level 40~ and I am getting bounties around 19,000 credits across multiple systems. When I kept going for bounties it gradually increased to 190,000 credits before dropping back to 19,000 credits. At the same level in vanilla it is around 300,000 credits with much larger fleets.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.1.2
« Reply #567 on: November 27, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »

I formally apologize to everyone for the numerous unacceptable on-release problems this mod has had.  I have fixed some of them but I don't know if any remain.

Sunder (U)-class Destroyer [4 Logistics]

Shiny new coat of paint.

It's a Sunder that uses small energy weapons.  Go figure.  Sprite by Shellster.

Version 2.1.2
  • Upgraded the JRE checker to now warn you about the exact amount of memory you are using (thanks LazyWizard)
  • Upgraded the memory checker to choose a different amount of memory depending on which mods you have
  • High-stability bonus to bounty rewards made a bit less insane
  • Added Sunder (U) skin
  • Fixed bounties occasionally resetting

Reh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.1.2
« Reply #568 on: November 27, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »

I very much like it that you're taking a stab at factions going after the player more actively, but in it's current iteration it's more of a nuisance than a threat. To be honest I've only had the pirates send fleets after me, but they're usually the size of a third of my fleet, almost the same composition every time, and it often happens that I get 3 of them in a row within 10 seconds from each other. My fleet is a paragon, three destroyers and four frigates plus various cargo and tanker ships, but the pirates only ever send two cruisers, some destroyers and frigates and a few fighter wings, the same every time.

It's now become a chore to deal with those guys, it's not even interesting to watch how the battle plays out on autopilot. It would bring back some feeling of a challenge if the fleets were less frequent, way more diverse and stronger.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:34:18 PM by Reh »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.2
« Reply #569 on: November 27, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »

Thank you for the report.  It is my pleasure to take time out of my busy schedule to constantly update for fixes that should have been tested and resolved in the first place, and to constantly *** you guys off by forcing you to restart the game every six hours.  I'm truly a model *** citizen.

Saves will not be compatible.

Version 2.2
  • Made the pirate contribution to player bounty level less extreme
  • Merc and pirate fleets are now much larger when the player bounty level is higher
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 197