Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325321 times)

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.1
« Reply #525 on: November 23, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

Thanks a lot for the update, D.R! This is my preferred way of playing the game at the moment, so I will be sure to give plenty of feed back. I am using a lot of faction mods that are not integrated, and so I wanted to ask, what will these factions be lacking? I'd like to know just to make sure I can see what is and is not a bug/issue/praise related to SS+. Thanks!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #526 on: November 23, 2014, 01:08:38 PM »

The mechanic with factions sending their own fleets after you seems to have an AI issue. I'm getting solo (vengeful) pirates freighters and tankers coming after me, then running away when their evasion behavior kicks in. Rinse and repeat.
(also I don't think it should say "intercepting Your Fleet" with capital letters)

EDIT: Also I had a named bounty fleet fly all the way from Mors to Jangala just to get me. "Feature" - saves me the trouble of going after them  :D

Great work regardless!

The fleets don't really care about distance so long as they are in-system.  When a lone freighter goes after you, the reason for that happening is it was damaged some time before reaching you.  I have fixed that issue on my own dev but I won't make an entire update just to fix that, especially because it would only apply to new saves anyway.

Thanks a lot for the update, D.R! This is my preferred way of playing the game at the moment, so I will be sure to give plenty of feed back. I am using a lot of faction mods that are not integrated, and so I wanted to ask, what will these factions be lacking? I'd like to know just to make sure I can see what is and is not a bug/issue/praise related to SS+. Thanks!

They won't have randomized variants, leveled captains/crew, market variety injection, inclusion in random battle, weapons included in the randomizer, nor will they send fleets after you.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 23, 2014, 01:10:32 PM »

Thanks for the reply,

If they don't have market related integration, will their markets interfere with ones that are integrated? By unbalancing them, etc?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #528 on: November 23, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »

Thanks for the reply,

If they don't have market related integration, will their markets interfere with ones that are integrated? By unbalancing them, etc?

No. Market integration concerns only weapons and ships.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 23, 2014, 01:51:33 PM »

Okay cool thanks, I'll be sure to lend my feed back!

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 24, 2014, 02:10:35 AM »

Small error in the Circe description: "demand that can not every fleetmaster can justify."

I don't remember if it was Vanilla or SS+ that stopped allowing bomb launchers to be bought/sold/looted, but the pirates have dropped me a couple standard bomb bays.

I haven't seen a Valkyrie available to buy since at least before 0.6.2, if ever. Is there somewhere specific that likes to carry them?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:14:07 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #531 on: November 24, 2014, 02:34:20 AM »

Small error in the Circe description: "demand that can not every fleetmaster can justify."

I don't remember if it was Vanilla or SS+ that stopped allowing bomb launchers to be bought/sold/looted, but the pirates have dropped me a couple standard bomb bays.

I haven't seen a Valkyrie available to buy since at least before 0.6.2, if ever. Is there somewhere specific that likes to carry them?
It's pretty firmly midline and civilian, so independents and the Sindrian Diktat are your best bet.

Normal bombs are still around. It was frag bombs and cluster bombs that were taken out.  I'll probably remove them from the shops though, since they're kinda ***.

nemonaemo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 24, 2014, 05:02:38 AM »

Hey Dark, loving the mod so far, as do the people who watch me on youtube :D Just a quick note, updated to 2.1 this morning and now I can't load my save any more (rolling back to 2.0.7 makes it load fine).

The log file makes it seems like it's something to do with Crew Salaries? I'll add (what I think is) the relevant bit here.
Spoiler
60082 [Thread-12] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading progress: 0.99277383
60093 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
60093 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries : data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
---- Debugging information ----
message             : data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message       : data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/scripts/data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
line number         : 966309
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[1]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.int
version             : null
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries : data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
---- Debugging information ----
message             : data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message       : data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/scripts/data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
line number         : 966309
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[1]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.int
version             : null
-------------------------------
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:134)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1052)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1036)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:921)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.dosuper$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.dosuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.O0OO.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException: data.scripts.campaign.SSP_CrewSalaries
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DefaultMapper.realClass(DefaultMapper.java:56)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper.realClass(DynamicProxyMapper.java:55)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.PackageAliasingMapper.realClass(PackageAliasingMapper.java:88)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ClassAliasingMapper.realClass(ClassAliasingMapper.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ArrayMapper.realClass(ArrayMapper.java:74)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CachingMapper.realClass(CachingMapper.java:45)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.HierarchicalStreams.readClassType(HierarchicalStreams.java:29)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:70)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentE lementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:61)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   ... 50 more
[close]

Rolling back to 2.0.7 this week so I can keep recording, but is that something you can help with?
Cheers,
Nemo
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:43:08 AM by nemonaemo »

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 24, 2014, 05:42:12 AM »

Hey, is there any way to make Junk Pirates work with all this?
Edit: just re-read first page and found an answer to that, but I'm having some issues with SS running out of memory, I modified the vmprarms file but I don't really know how to get the 64 bit java going.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:50:00 AM by Wriath »

Malone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 24, 2014, 06:19:26 AM »

Hey, is there any way to make Junk Pirates work with all this?
Edit: just re-read first page and found an answer to that, but I'm having some issues with SS running out of memory, I modified the vmprarms file but I don't really know how to get the 64 bit java going.

just download java 64 bits and replace /jar directory with it.

To load my latest savegame, I have to set 4096/4096 as memory usage...

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 24, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »

Speaking of the Circe, I was looking for an anti-fighter solution AND an upgrade to my mule. I wasn't sure about this ship but it's amazing. I loaded it with 7 Light Grasers and 2 mull cannons (?? It's a small energy with crazy DPS, from Mayorate I think).

Anyway, fighters get disentegrated faster than ever. Very satisfied.

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 24, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »

Firstly, I want to thank the authors for such a wonderful and interesting mod. Especially pleased with the new skill system.
But unfortunately I have one problem. I play in latest version of mod and use all currently available additional fractions except The Knights Templar.
At the same time I use 64 bits  java and set 6144/6144 as memory usage. And every time I reach 10 - 15 level, I can not load my save games. I tried to turn off different modes I think that the problem in a specific faction.  I tried to reduce the number of mods adding fractions. And it is also almost did not help.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Maybe inside the mod there are any preferences?
Mod is too fun to play without it, but I was tired to begin anew each time.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 24, 2014, 08:37:06 AM »

Hey Dark, loving the mod so far, as do the people who watch me on youtube :D Just a quick note, updated to 2.1 this morning and now I can't load my save any more (rolling back to 2.0.7 makes it load fine).

*snip*

Rolling back to 2.0.7 this week so I can keep recording, but is that something you can help with?
Cheers,
Nemo

DR will probably confirm, but since the saves write everything (from your variants to the position and velocity of each individual asteroids) it's very unlikely you can add this kind of feature to an existing game.
Keep those videos coming, many of us modders are watching them ^^ (best kind of feedback we can get!)

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 24, 2014, 10:28:51 AM »

Firstly, I want to thank the authors for such a wonderful and interesting mod. Especially pleased with the new skill system.
But unfortunately I have one problem. I play in latest version of mod and use all currently available additional fractions except The Knights Templar.
At the same time I use 64 bits  java and set 6144/6144 as memory usage. And every time I reach 10 - 15 level, I can not load my save games. I tried to turn off different modes I think that the problem in a specific faction.  I tried to reduce the number of mods adding fractions. And it is also almost did not help.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Maybe inside the mod there are any preferences?

Adding or removing mods won't adjust the size of the existing save file. The game is running out of memory while trying to fit the save file into the available memory space, regardless of its contents; deleting the mods is kinda like trying to fit a car in a parking space by throwing the seats out. Your options are to wait for the next Starsector Vanilla update when the next save memory fix is supposed to be coming (at which point the mods may obsolete themselves and require a new game to get features anyway), allocate more RAM, or start over with fewer mods. If you're very, very desperate you might be able to pull the save out of its ZIP file and try to cut it down; I've never tried editing a compressed save.

As stated in the post above, Starsector save files contain EVERYTHING. In fact, more than everything. The current save file size bloat is being hindered further because too many dead fleets are being kept in the save file. Jangling around other aspects of the game won't affect the save file itself; it's already written to your hard drive.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:33:19 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #539 on: November 24, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »

The log file makes it seems like it's something to do with Crew Salaries? I'll add (what I think is) the relevant bit here.
Cheers,
Nemo

There isn't much I can do about that, unfortunately.  The reason I changed version numbers from 2.0 to 2.1 is because it killed save compatibility.  If you want to use the new version, you will need to make a new save and console in your old stuff/xp/rep.

Really?  I have mine set to 4GB with every mod active and a level 24 character, and it loads fine.  Maybe it's because you updated to 2.1 and killed compatibility?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:01:53 AM by Dark.Revenant »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 197