Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325080 times)

Oathseeker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.6
« Reply #450 on: November 14, 2014, 12:34:30 PM »

Updates for all!  You will need this version if you want to add the Interstellar Imperium.

I'm starting to get slightly worried. Do you ever sleep?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #451 on: November 14, 2014, 12:54:06 PM »

Updates for all!  You will need this version if you want to add the Interstellar Imperium.

I work on all my mods at the same time; over half of the II work was done by the time I posted 2.0.5.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 14, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »

Hey sorry to bother you, but i got this error:
http://puu.sh/cQTQK/9e4017a4f7.png

Am i doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #453 on: November 14, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »

You need to update Starsector to 0.65.1a.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 14, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »

whoops, missed the hotfix, thank you (i feel very embarassed).

Oathseeker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 14, 2014, 05:14:08 PM »

I work on all my mods at the same time; over half of the II work was done by the time I posted 2.0.5.

That doesn't change the fact that you've now brought 3 mods to 0.65+ while most mod authors can't be bothered ;)
In any case, my respect to you sir.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 15, 2014, 12:13:11 AM »

That doesn't change the fact that you've now brought 3 mods to 0.65+ while most mod authors can't be bothered ;)
In any case, my respect to you sir.
You say most, but pretty much all the major modders have done so. :V

Oathseeker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 15, 2014, 02:11:18 AM »

You say most, but pretty much all the major modders have done so. :V

Relax, no need to get defensive. Several of my favorite mods have not been updated, and I was just complementing Dark, not trying to offend anyone. I know many people are putting a lot of work into all of their mods, and I'm gratefull to all of them. But SS+ has been my favorite mod for a long time, so just a little more gratefull to Dark ;)

pjz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 15, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »

The Wing Command skill (fighters get bonus speed per level) seems to apply a penalty to speed instead of a bonus.  The more you take, the slower they go! 

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 15, 2014, 11:13:09 AM »

Not sure if it's possible since I don't know how the game handles fleet spawning, but something I'd like to see is restricting faction fleets from using other factions high-end ships. Seeing an Imperium armada or Citadel fleet using bright green Shadowyard fighters just seems... I dunno, out-of-character and silly from an immersion perspective. Particularly when there's a stark contrast in doctrine (e.g., low-tech, heavy, slow Imperium ships using high-tech shield-centric ships).

Oathseeker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 15, 2014, 11:25:59 AM »

Not sure if it's possible since I don't know how the game handles fleet spawning, but something I'd like to see is restricting faction fleets from using other factions high-end ships. Seeing an Imperium armada or Citadel fleet using bright green Shadowyard fighters just seems... I dunno, out-of-character and silly from an immersion perspective. Particularly when there's a stark contrast in doctrine (e.g., low-tech, heavy, slow Imperium ships using high-tech shield-centric ships).

I completely agree, but I think you can only define types of ships to use. Though now that I think of it, I was looking around the fleet files and I think you can define which ships belong to which type, so maybe you could create faction specific fleet setups by having faction specific ship categories?
I'm going to see if I can do that. Though I have no idea how to mod, as long as it's just text files I should be fine ^^

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #461 on: November 15, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »

The Wing Command skill (fighters get bonus speed per level) seems to apply a penalty to speed instead of a bonus.  The more you take, the slower they go! 

That's been fixed in the recent versions.

Completely intentional.  They will use nonfaction ships because factions rarely (more accurately, never) have enough variety to work properly in the current campaign system.  You know that ship quality is determined by stability? Factions need to have not only a ship for every role but also two or three ships for every role to be completely vanilla-compliant.  For the fleet builder systems to work properly and make fleets that look functional, factions need a (small) chance of spawning ships/weapons that aren't in their faction.  Capital ships remain exclusive, but other ship types are fair game; if the Imperium needs a high-quality interceptor, Flamen are not good enough and the game looks elsewhere; Neriads are just one of those possibilities.  Usually they go for Thunders or something, but it's good to have some variety.

sigi87

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 15, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »

multiple times I had corrupted savegames, is there a way around that?

Oh and how do you people handle the high supply demands of big fleets?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #463 on: November 15, 2014, 02:47:02 PM »

multiple times I had corrupted savegames, is there a way around that?

Oh and how do you people handle the high supply demands of big fleets?

Increase the memory available to the Java VM http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8690.0

sigi87

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 15, 2014, 03:42:04 PM »

thanks will try
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 197