Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325387 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.3
« Reply #435 on: November 12, 2014, 02:07:14 PM »

Issue is In the current play through I have i chose to basically be a pirate.
And IIRC getting those bounties meant souring relations with the pirates. So no big fleets to fight =(

As for onslaughts and tri-tacyhon, sitting around in the Valhalla system beating up tri-tac fleets for the bonus with hegemony lead to onslaughts being pretty much standard...

On another note, can anyone tell me how to increase stability?
I know certain factors will decrease it (I sold ~100 organs and 500 drugs to the hegemony planet in the corvus system and wow -6 stability...) but i have no idea how to increase it.

Even buying the whole stockpile of ships from an outpost to see if that boosted export value didnt seem to do anything -.-'

On a sort of linked note, is it intentional that pirate ships tend to be all [D]? Was kind of irritated when i finally got to favourable with them, and all the big stuff to  buy were [D] class cruisers...

Lastly, how often do markets refresh?

sorry for the rambling!

The Holy Crusade event (from the Knights Templar mod) will cause neighboring systems to spawn fleets that can range up to a rather large size and send them over to the system that is being crusaded.

Low-stability Tri-Tachyon worlds can spawn Onslaughts; in fact, if the stability is low enough, the chance of Paragons is zero.

Stability can be improved by selling them commodities that they have a deficit in.  Buying ships doesn't do anything for the economy.

Most pirate markets have terrible stability, so they have lots of (D) ships, especially when they have unique (D) style variants.

Markets refresh monthly.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.3
« Reply #436 on: November 12, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »

(I sold ~100 organs and 500 drugs to the hegemony planet in the corvus system and wow -6 stability...)

I think my city would destabilize quite a bit if you suddenly airlifted ~100 tons of bottled human organs and 500 tons of drugs onto town square too. ;D
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.5
« Reply #437 on: November 12, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »

Are you sure it stays at 11 even if you buy a bunch? (so 100x of them would be 1100 credits)

Yes, they did, or at least damn near it (never increasing above 1 or 2 credits per unit past 11).

Unrelated, but I've noticed a huge surplus of goods on the new add-on sectors. For example, the average cost of supply (in Citadel and Anar) is less than half it is on Corvis (normally the main vanilla Starsector supply producer). Similarly, the cost fuel there is less than half what it is in Askonia (normally the main vanilla fuel producer). Many other items also suffer from this issue.

These star systems usually have stockpiles of goods larger than the vanilla sectors usually have (e.g., with supplies, sometimes 2 or 3 times what Corvis has). I'm not sure what's causing it... maybe it's an overproduction problem, particularly given they have higher populations than the vanilla worlds (10^8, instead of 10^7 or 10^6). Or maybe it's their technologically superior ships which always win battles and prevent pirate fleets from disrupting trade (thus leading to higher average stability and higher production?) This is just speculation on my part.

This all could be an anomaly though since I usually prefer to trade in the vanilla systems more than the new faction ones since I'm familiar with them. Can anyone else confirm pricing anomalies in these new systems?

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 12, 2014, 07:52:27 PM »

Thanks a ton for this latest update. I really couldn't bare the 100% fuel penalty.

I just wasted a good 45 minutes trying to mod the augmentedengines.java file, but, I kept getting a Janino doesn't accept generics error.

I'm pretty sure modding like that used to work on other mods, but, I read there is no getting around the 'generics' thing without compiling the .java into a .class ahead of time.

Anyways, I figured I'd check in case you updated the mod and changed it and you did!  So, now i can resume playing and quit messing with this stuff.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:29:07 PM by DornoDiosMio »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #439 on: November 12, 2014, 08:07:08 PM »

Are you sure it stays at 11 even if you buy a bunch? (so 100x of them would be 1100 credits)

Yes, they did, or at least damn near it (never increasing above 1 or 2 credits per unit past 11).

Unrelated, but I've noticed a huge surplus of goods on the new add-on sectors. For example, the average cost of supply (in Citadel and Anar) is less than half it is on Corvis (normally the main vanilla Starsector supply producer). Similarly, the cost fuel there is less than half what it is in Askonia (normally the main vanilla fuel producer). Many other items also suffer from this issue.

These star systems usually have stockpiles of goods larger than the vanilla sectors usually have (e.g., with supplies, sometimes 2 or 3 times what Corvis has). I'm not sure what's causing it... maybe it's an overproduction problem, particularly given they have higher populations than the vanilla worlds (10^8, instead of 10^7 or 10^6). Or maybe it's their technologically superior ships which always win battles and prevent pirate fleets from disrupting trade (thus leading to higher average stability and higher production?) This is just speculation on my part.

This all could be an anomaly though since I usually prefer to trade in the vanilla systems more than the new faction ones since I'm familiar with them. Can anyone else confirm pricing anomalies in these new systems?

Those stock issues are probably because they have excess fuel to sell and just want it gone.  I did add a couple minor fuel production facilities to a few stations, so that can affect things.

Anar is an economic powerhouse.  Citadel is a bit rough in general.  Take it up with their mod authors.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 13, 2014, 12:24:18 AM »

hey there, I don't know if this has been spoken about yet but I seem to be getting an error on linux with the following code readout from the console.

" fatal: Com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.compain.fleets.FleetFactory.finish.AndSync(lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetApi;)V check the log "

So... I check the log...

Spoiler
Code

...   ... ...   ...

143957 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Spawned 38 point trade fleet from [Hesperus] to [Tartessus]
143965 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  -
143966 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Checking whether to spawn trade fleet
143966 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - 12 out of a maximum 150 trade fleets in play
143966 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Picked market [Nomios] to spawn trade fleet from
143966 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Will send trade fleet to market [Agreus]
143966 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Delivering: [Harvested Organs], bringing back [Food,Heavy Machinery,Domestic Goods]; volume: 343
143967 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactory  - Creating smuggling fleet of tier 1 for market [Nomios] (volume: 343)
143968 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Spawned 3 point trade fleet from [Nomios] to [Agreus]
144141 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactory.finishAndSync(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactory.finishAndSync(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)V
at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_PersonBountyEvent.spawnFleet(SSP_PersonBountyEvent.java:474)
at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_PersonBountyEvent.startEvent(SSP_PersonBountyEvent.java:116)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager.startPersonBountiesIfNeeded(CoreEventProbabilityManager.java:105)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager.advance(CoreEventProbabilityManager.java:95)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.new.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.return.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source
[close]

so, what's going on?

Edits since the first post, Mostly what I've been trying to do to solve the issue.
Spoiler
And yes, I updated to the newest version of LazyLib. I made sure of that. xD

and now shader LIB... Made sure that was up to date.

Updating neither of them helped... So Now I'm going to try reinstalling the mod itself with a fresh download an see what happens THEN.

same error... maybe there's something deeper in the log file... I'll look around for anything that coudl've caused it.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:44:37 AM by Azmond »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #441 on: November 13, 2014, 12:48:23 AM »

You have to update Starsector.  The mod requires 0.65.1a.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 13, 2014, 02:52:06 AM »

So, where/when do the Templar ships show up? Are they high-level bounties, events, or do they have a base added to an already existing system?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 13, 2014, 02:53:38 AM »

So, where/when do the Templar ships show up? Are they high-level bounties, events, or do they have a base added to an already existing system?

When you install the Templars mod. The base SS+ doesn't have them afaik.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 13, 2014, 04:59:14 AM »

And now I feel stupid, Thank you  Dark.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.6
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2014, 02:53:31 AM »

Updates for all!  You will need this version if you want to add the Interstellar Imperium.

Version 2.0.6
  • Updated for new Interstellar Imperium content
  • Weapon grouper improved
  • Stellar orbits now conform to the inverse-square law
  • Various bug fixes and feature adjustments
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:58:26 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.6
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39:06 AM »

Damn it, there's just no stopping you this week. Just ships after more ships! Thanks for the good work as always.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 14, 2014, 06:35:01 AM »

Minor balancing issue: Some of the Citadel ships are consuming too much fuel to be feasible to use.
e.g., the Modem-class destroyer consumes as much fuel as a capital ship. The Stable-class Freighter (frigate-size) consumes almost twice as much fuel as some cruisers. The Monolith Battleship consumes a whopping 50 fuel per lightyear, which is up to 5 capital ships worth of fuel. There are probably other Citadel ships with similar issues, but I haven't checked all of them yet.

I think these ships are intended to consume more fuel so that they're more expensive to run (but also stronger than) vanilla Starsector ships. However, the other stronger-than-vanilla ships from other SS+ add-on mods don't have this same handicap. So for the same fuel costs, you can field many times the number of ships from the other mods each of which is equally strong, if not stronger.

Normally this would just be an imbalance or an annoyance, but once you consider the x2 fuel consumption multiplier, each of these super-guzzling Citadel ships begin to cost even more upkeep in comparison to vanilla and other mods' ships. Essentially, using them is just choosing to cripple your own finances.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:38:59 AM by Regularity »

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 14, 2014, 06:35:20 AM »

Updates for all!  You will need this version if you want to add the Interstellar Imperium.

Version 2.0.6
  • Updated for new Interstellar Imperium content
  • Weapon grouper improved
  • Stellar orbits now conform to the inverse-square law
  • Various bug fixes and feature adjustments

Do we need to start a new game or can I simply slap this onto my current savegame?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #449 on: November 14, 2014, 08:52:17 AM »

It's save-compatible, as far as I know.  However, you won't get the imperium if you do that.

Any Citadel balance issues should go in the CItadel thread; I am not the modmaker.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 197