Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325136 times)

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile

Nooo... how will I buy my boss ships then? I've found the ultron, zeus, and the first zero in that broken store  :P
I really don't know what I'm doing...

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile

The weapons pack mod sends trading fleets around Corvus dropping off, any weapons (I believe) and most ships. I have found anything from Unsungs to hadron accelerators lying around. Even Nhilic weapons (they have no other way of per basing their weps) But nhilic ships the neutrino Jokeship amd SS+ bosses I have not been able to acquire outside Askonia. And the mods bounty hunter fleets have the same level of freedom in ship choices.

Maybe a mod with weapons pack esque trading but as a utility tht effects all systems and adds in the utterly random bounty hunter fleets too andante accesses the few things I haven't been able to acquire as well. Please? :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:44:19 PM by sarducardun »

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I may have done something wrong installing something as I don't see any recent comments about this problem but the system for BRDY in my game is replaced by the church system (omega serpis?)

Is this what "(Not compatible with campaign yet!)" means in the OP for this mod?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Yeah, until it's updated it won't spawn in campaign.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile

Do you have an online repository?

Accepting pull requests?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

This is strictly a solo project, though I occasionally use and modify (with permission) code from other mods, to save time.  As such I don't use an online repository/versioning system for Starsector+, but the source is included in the jars folder.  Was there a feature you wanted to request I add?

P.S. Citadel, BRDY, and Exigency being unavailable in the campaign is not the fault of SS+ but rather an artifact of those mods' world generation scripts.  In the past, SS+ would have a separate version of the world generation but for logistical reasons I stopped this practice to avoid forking; Citadel, BRDY, and Exigency have not updated to reflect this, yet.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:19:10 PM by Dark.Revenant »

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Yeah, until it's updated it won't spawn in campaign.

Aww, finding an AM Lance cruiser without it is going to be hard.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile

Was there a feature you wanted to request I add?

Well, i like blackrock ships as well. I was going to take a stab at adding them somehow.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

If you want Citadel and Blackrock Driveyards to work in SS+ (with fleet randomization and all that), try using these jars for them:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9oi1k0pp5tk1ft/CIT.jar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ll3behv7up1yv8e/BR.jar

No guarantee it works.  No Exigency one either since I can pretty much guarantee it won't work until the real update due to the massive changes that I've worked with MesoTroniK on for the next update.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:34:16 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

I have to ask, what exactly has happened between 1.2.1 and now that would stop me from using flux shunt? Due to my crap coding ability, I was using a variation of the original flux shunt (25% instead of 50% and heavy armor level OP costs) but something happened that I can't for the life of me figure out! And I know it is SS+ because when I turn it off, I regain access to mod modded hull mod!

Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

Well the flux shunt hull mod is kind of a cheat, it's not even usable in the campaign it is only supposed to be built into the Monitor class frigate.

Using it in missions is extremely unfair...

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

What I did was disable built-in hullmods from being picked in any context (missions, campaign, etc.).

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile

What I did was disable built-in hullmods from being picked in any context (missions, campaign, etc.).
Really? 'Cause I see stuff like the "Mobile Starbase" hull mods being in there

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

I missed several in the current version; I can assure you all built-ins (aside from modded built-ins which I have no control over) are disabled on my development build.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile

And it also takes higher priority over other mods that change stuff like hull mods, even if it SS+ is loaded dead last. It KINDA makes people's personal mods that use vanilla content a pain and a half to use. Just letting you know

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 197