Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325458 times)

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile

So, I've discovered that more is not necessarily better.

After a bit of experimentation with Exerelin (by which I mean, I attempted to drop mods into it, not realizing that I would have to write fleet scripts for EVERY mod faction, not just ones that specifically notated it in their OPs), I decided to just come back to SS+ and, instead of sticking with just the four integrated factions, added about a dozen.

Now, I'm a big fan of variety, but even with balance issues aside... this is kind of ridiculous. There's something like a dozen systems, with Corvus itself loaded with like 4 factions; my newsfeed is constantly mentioning one convoy or another, and I find myself distinctly lost as to what to do with myself. I can't decide on a 'main' faction like I could in SS+ "vanilla", and unlike with SS+ with the normal amount of factions added, it's a lot harder to just say "oh, hey, I can take on this faction's convoys now, I think I'll make them one of my enemies!"

On the other hand, the game has never felt nearly as expansive.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I finally got around to taking a look at this, and I've got a minor suggestions for arcade mode: give the ship a built in hull mod (or something) that boosts energy weapons.  Right now, with the regenerating ammo from killing things, there's simply no reason to even consider using an energy weapon over the more flux-efficient ballistics.

For an example, the Shadowyards Tartarus has a system that increases energy weapon range by 200 (note: that's a flat +200, not percent) and reduces energy weapon flux costs by 20%... and all that accomplishes is making energy weapons competitive in its universal slots.  And even there you can make a good case for storm needler (or gauss cannon) & heavy maulers (or maybe hellbore and heavy needlers) still outperforming, say, autopulse laser and heavy blasters.

So far, I've had my best run using storm needlers, heavy maulers, and vulcan cannons.  Nothing else has even come close.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

I still find that Autopulse Lasers, Typhoon Reapers, and Linear Pulse Guns are the best setup for me.  The thing about energy weapons is that they are effective against all defense types and are the best option when you want to pack torpedoes (which is a GOOD idea).

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile

Got this in arcade. :'(

Spoiler
869715 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.giveAssignment(Unknown Source)
   at data.missions.arcade.MissionPlugin.advance(MissionPlugin.java:690)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.K$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.??00(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile

FINALLY! i did it. **** me Zero is a god damn hacker ship i swear.

Spoiler
[close]

Ezekiel did kill me twice, no idea how.

the triple hyperion was also "hard" because i was blowing so much stuff up simultaneously that my screen was constantly white, so i couldn't see them, so they took my shield off and almost killed me.

Nuclear burst man... <3

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

I am confused. You have to write fleet scrips for mods meant to work with Exerelin? I have never had this issue, unless something changed recently? Or is this something in correlation with Starsector+?

After a bit of experimentation with Exerelin (by which I mean, I attempted to drop mods into it, not realizing that I would have to write fleet scripts for EVERY mod faction, not just ones that specifically notated it in their OPs), I decided to just come back to SS+ and, instead of sticking with just the four integrated factions, added about a dozen.

Now, I'm a big fan of variety, but even with balance issues aside... this is kind of ridiculous. There's something like a dozen systems, with Corvus itself loaded with like 4 factions; my newsfeed is constantly mentioning one convoy or another, and I find myself distinctly lost as to what to do with myself. I can't decide on a 'main' faction like I could in SS+ "vanilla", and unlike with SS+ with the normal amount of factions added, it's a lot harder to just say "oh, hey, I can take on this faction's convoys now, I think I'll make them one of my enemies!"

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Exerelin has nothing to do with Starsector+.  I'm confused by his post too.

@ValkyriaL: Excellent job!  That's an insane score.  I wonder if some day Omega Zero will be defeated...

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Zaphide writes/wrote those himself. thus no need for us to do so, if however, you want to add a faction hes not supporting, then yes, you would have to do that.

No clue about SS+, but i guess DR does that himself as well if hes given a faction thumbs up to avoid complications.

EDIT: Omega Zero? i never got to fight him. =(

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Zaphide writes/wrote those himself. thus no need for us to do so, if however, you want to add a faction hes not supporting, then yes, you would have to do that.

No clue about SS+, but i guess DR does that himself as well if hes given a faction thumbs up to avoid complications.

EDIT: Omega Zero? i never got to fight him. =(

To get to Omega Zero you have to finish the first six bosses without using shield or EMP.

What shocked me in your screenshot is that you nearly did just that; throughout your entire super zero fight you only used a single mega shield.  I have to burn through all of mine to have a chance to win.

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile

Exerelin has nothing to do with Starsector+.  I'm confused by his post too.

I decided to just come back to SS+ and, instead of sticking with just the four integrated factions, added about a dozen.

Spoiler
The note on Exerelin was simply me mentioning that I couldn't get it to work, and this was because the game crashed whenever I tried to load a campaign (and yes, using only factions Zaphide had stated were supported).
[close]

But this is not the place to discuss that mod, hence the paragraph above discussing SS+.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmmm... so there are 3 types of zeroes?

Zero (Normal Final Boss)
Super Zero (don't use more than half of your Mega shields and EMP)
Omega Zero (Don't use any mega shields or EMP)

so i guess Archangel is the ultimate boss? ???

how do i fight him then?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:11:03 AM by ValkyriaL »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Archangel is unfinished and will eventually be an alternative 2nd boss.  Also to get Super Zero, you have to either not use any mega shields or not use any EMP (up until he shows up, of course; after that, you kind of need them).

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just got Omega Zero...man...that is unfair... that *** is legit impossible to kill. :-\

Foss456

• Ensign
    • View Profile

While playing campaign I went to askonia for some tugs and couldn't believe what I found. There was an Archangel for sale. It was 14 400 001 credits which I didn't have but had to try it so I fired up Cheat Engine, got myself some money and bought it. Beat crusade with it and when I went to Corvus again, game crashed.

Is archange evenl supposed to be for sale in Campaign?

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile

askonia is bugged so any ship (or weapon) can be brought there, or purchased by the player, believe that is being fixed by the next patch though. So no its not, its a known bug however.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 197