Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325202 times)

Pentarctagon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 0.9.1
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »

I'm consistently getting crashes when fighting the Church Crusade.  From the log file:
Code
14768 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
21935 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 30, FP2: 316, maxFP1: 160, maxFP2: 240
213392 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.shipsystems.scripts.ai.FluxDisturberAI.advance(FluxDisturberAI.java:95)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.intsuper$1.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.??00(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2014, 03:47:55 AM »

I imagine it has the Shield Bypass hullmod, which is bizarre.  Were you using a save from a previous version of SS+?

In any case, this should never happen to most people because the cathedral is theoretically flagged as a ship that wont ever have that hullmod.  Just in case, here's a jar with that problem fixed in the first place:

https://www.mediafire.com/?mmo3yo33nd85wnw

Replace the jar in the Starsector Plus/jars/ folder.

Pentarctagon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »

Awesome, thanks!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2014, 09:42:04 PM »

A heads up: the next version is the 1.0 release and will include faction packs.  Factions packs are optional mod files that you can enable, adding new factions to the game.  The first one will be Cycerin's Blackrock Driveyards.  If you choose not to enable the mod, the game will behave as normal.  However, if you do enable the mod before character creation, then the BRDY system, ships, and weapons will appear in the world and be integrated with certain vanilla fleets and stations.  This dynamic integration will be a feature of all faction packs that I include in the future.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Starsector+ 1.0.1 Release
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »

New release!

(Requires LazyLib 1.8c)

Starsector+ (Starsector Plus) adds ships and weapons that fill missing roles in Starsector, makes tweaks and additions to gameplay and metagame mechanics to solve common complaints about Starsector, and improves certain graphics effects.  This mod is meant to look and feel like vanilla Starsector, enhancing your experience with the game.

This mod is not compatible with other mods that modify vanilla components, such as Exerelin, Uomoz' Sector, Vacuum, Project Ironclads.  It is compatible with mods that add factions, but non-integrated factions will be missing several Starsector+ features.

Integrated Factions
Blackrock Driveyards by Cycerin

(Integrated factions are optional and are included as separate mod files in the main download.)
(If you include a faction when you create a character, that faction will spawn and its technology will appear in the Sector, including in vanilla/faction fleets.)
(Do not activate the original faction mod with the Starsector Plus version of the faction!)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:37:41 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Richyread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector+ 1.0.1 Release
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2014, 04:15:26 AM »

New release!
(Integrated factions are optional and are included as separate mod files in the main download.)
(If you include a faction when you create a character, that faction will spawn and its technology will appear in the Sector, including in vanilla/faction fleets.)
(Do not activate the original faction mod with the Starsector Plus version of the faction!)
[/center]

Apologies if I'm being a little 'dense' but I can't seem to get this extra faction working for me.

I have:

- Deleted my original Starsector Plus 0.9 folder from the [/Starsector/Mods] folder.
- Download this latest version and unpacked to the [/Starsector/Mods] folder as usual.
- This has created [/Starsector/Mods/Starsector Plus] and [/Starsector/Mods/Blackrock Driveyards Plus] folders
- Launched the client and I have the option to select Starsector+ 1.0.0+

Game loads and plays fine yet I can't see any of the extra Blackrock content - no faction or planets or ships etc and there isn't an option at character creation that I can see to enable this either.

I do have a standalone folder for [Blackrock Driveyards] which is 0.6 in the mods launch view but this (I believe) is my original pack for the Exerelin Mod.

Do these 'Plus faction mods' folders need to be located inside the root of the [Starsector Plus] folder perhaps?

Many thanks,

Richy.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 1.0.1 (Now with BRDY)
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2014, 06:47:57 AM »

Will you consider balancing some of the black rock ships and weapons?

Phase fighters are awesomely gay, also the maneuvering jet on large ships seem like way to much when you can doge basically any projectile weapon.

Still one of the better balanced mods

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:16 AM »

I think Cycerin would be the right person to ask about that but BR is quite well balanced, although you're right if you say it's a strong faction.

A hint to outplay BR: engage them and deploy only a few ships you usually don't need in a fight, withdraw your forces and engage them again with fresh ships. By doing that you exploit the fact that they have long CR recovery times and high logistical needs.

Edit: you might have to use that tactic several times in a row to exhaust their fleet and improve the circumstances in your favor to meet them with low CR.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:01:30 AM by Tecrys »
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »

I believe I have done some minor balancing on the BR ships for the next update (including making the phase fighter less flux-efficient), but I can't remember most of it because I've done so much balancing for Citadel.  BR is pretty strong and the logistics costs associated with their ships represent that.

@Richyread
You have to enable Starsector+ and Blackrock Driveyards Plus from the mod menu; if you don't enable Blackrock Driveyards Plus you don't get any of the Blackrock Driveyards content.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2014, 11:24:18 AM »

pretty much works with any mod, i love seeing my Valk ships explode in pretty colors. =D

Richyread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2014, 02:05:06 PM »

@Richyread
You have to enable Starsector+ and Blackrock Driveyards Plus from the mod menu; if you don't enable Blackrock Driveyards Plus you don't get any of the Blackrock Driveyards content.

Resolved the issue - having Blackrock Driveyards 0.6 standalone in the mods folder (for Exerelin) does not show the + version. Having deleted both these folders and re-extracted only the '+' version from your zip file, I can now see it listed as an option in the mods menu.

Not a massive issue (will simply replace when want to play Exerelin again) but think it's worth a mention if anyone else is as confused as me!  :D

I'm not sure how the Mods menu picks up the listings but is it a simple naming convention? I.e. maybe if you were to juggle the name of the faction mod slightly perhaps it will play nice with the menu when the standalone version is also present?

E.g. [Plus+] {name of mod} {version} = [Plus+] Blackrock Driveyards 0.6

Just a thought.

Thanks for the assistance.

Richy.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »

Probably has to do with the mod's id. Might want to check the mod_info.json file.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Major update!

Version 1.2
  • Exigency Corporation by MesoTroniK integrated
  • Integrated mods no longer need to be separate mod files; SSP-compatible mods will work standalone, with Exerelin, etc.
  • Citadel weapon alignment improved
  • Citadel sprites updated
  • Citadel integration updated
  • Blackrock Driveyards integration updated
  • Leading pip integrated; unlock a basic version with Gunnery Implants 5 and the full version with Gunnery Implants 10
  • Loading time minimized; performance optimized (seriously, it's the shortest it could possibly ever be!)
  • Numerous small improvements
  • Light data added for several vanilla ship systems, ship explosions, and more
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:06:27 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Got an error with 1.2.0. Seems there's a missing weapon. Doesn't happen when I disable this mod.

Code
95688 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [brdy_afmissile] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [brdy_afmissile] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.if.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addWeapons(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.blackrock.BRGen.initBRCargo(BRGen.java:122)
at data.scripts.world.blackrock.BRGen.generate(BRGen.java:54)
at data.scripts.BRModPlugin.initBR(BRModPlugin.java:19)
at data.scripts.BRModPlugin.onNewGame(BRModPlugin.java:27)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newsuper.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.???000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 197