Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1330911 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.5
« Reply #945 on: February 05, 2015, 10:02:26 PM »

It's not really something that you do.  Integration is a lot of work, and it's not documented.

Locusthorde300

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 05, 2015, 10:20:25 PM »

It's not really something that you do.  Integration is a lot of work, and it's not documented.

I'm assuming only certain mods work with SS+. Or can new ones be created in a certain format to work with SS+?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:30:05 PM by Locusthorde300 »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #947 on: February 05, 2015, 11:45:09 PM »

You can run just about any mod with SS+, it just won't have SS+ feature's unless I integrated it.

Some mods are just broken, though, and have bugs that cause crashes.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 06, 2015, 02:17:59 AM »

How much additional strain does this mod put on a cpu? The game only just runs smoothly on my toaster and I've found that some of the larger mods make it completely unplayable, can anyone give me an idea?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 06, 2015, 02:34:17 AM »

How much additional strain does this mod put on a cpu? The game only just runs smoothly on my toaster and I've found that some of the larger mods make it completely unplayable, can anyone give me an idea?
If you can run vanilla, you should be able to run this if you turn off shader lib
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 06, 2015, 05:03:41 AM »

So I've been doing a game as mid-line tech, and I guess I have feedback?

• I love the locomotive! But I'm loving the upcoming reduction in global fuel usage more. Most markets don't have enough fuel for me to go back to my home system (its about 1000-1500 units for the average 1-way trip) which probably makes sense lore-wise but its pretty dull gameplay, especially with the running costs of a 60-logistics fleet.
  • The Archon looks & mounts weapons like an Expansions ship, but says its Core in the description. As a side note, it only really shines with medium energy weapons from a mod, since most vanilla front-line medium energy weapons are pretty blah. It would be unusable if I couldn't put flare launchers in the outriggers.
  • I am unconvinced by the Kestrel. The Sunder has 2 other energy weapons besides the oversize that get the ship system bonus, but this doesn't, and you feel it - it never feels like a worthwile use of LP compared to another eagle, especially since I have to use the middle medium energy for PD or get punked by any bomber that wander my way; I do about the same damage in a Falcon, but with lots of cherries on top.
  • The Alastor and Phalanx are great! I've always loved Expansion ships but the frigates were always blah. Well, the stock ones are still blah, but now I don't have to use them!
    Still missing something fast for capping nav buoys and chasing after drams in pursuit though - I feel the need for a robberfly/seski/hound analogue.

P.S. I've yet to see the Storm Needler for sale anywhere, and I'm lvl 45 ...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:35:44 AM by Taverius »
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #951 on: February 06, 2015, 08:18:41 AM »

So I've been doing a game as mid-line tech, and I guess I have feedback?

• I love the locomotive! But I'm loving the upcoming reduction in global fuel usage more. Most markets don't have enough fuel for me to go back to my home system (its about 1000-1500 units for the average 1-way trip) which probably makes sense lore-wise but its pretty dull gameplay, especially with the running costs of a 60-logistics fleet.
  • The Archon looks & mounts weapons like an Expansions ship, but says its Core in the description. As a side note, it only really shines with medium energy weapons from a mod, since most vanilla front-line medium energy weapons are pretty blah. It would be unusable if I couldn't put flare launchers in the outriggers.
  • I am unconvinced by the Kestrel. The Sunder has 2 other energy weapons besides the oversize that get the ship system bonus, but this doesn't, and you feel it - it never feels like a worthwile use of LP compared to another eagle, especially since I have to use the middle medium energy for PD or get punked by any bomber that wander my way; I do about the same damage in a Falcon, but with lots of cherries on top.
  • The Alastor and Phalanx are great! I've always loved Expansion ships but the frigates were always blah. Well, the stock ones are still blah, but now I don't have to use them!
    Still missing something fast for capping nav buoys and chasing after drams in pursuit though - I feel the need for a robberfly/seski/hound analogue.

P.S. I've yet to see the Storm Needler for sale anywhere, and I'm lvl 45 ...

The Archon is late Core.  Take it up with Cycerin, I guess; he made it.

The Kestrel doesn't require as much in the way of logistics as most full cruisers.  Furthermore, it packs a good punch; even with PD it has two medium energy turrets and a large ballistic doing the work of two large ballistic slots.  Unlike the Vanguard, the Kestrel has the flux reserves to fire a large ballistic weapon at 2x speed continuously.  This gets really nasty if you have a weapon that can chew through ships, like the Gauss Cannon, Hellbore, or Mjolnir.  The main thing to remember is it has two medium missile mounts, so you can nuke a ship with Harpoons if it overloads, cripple the engines of ships with Salamanders, break open shields with Sabots, etc.  I find it to be quite effective.

The Alastor is really quite fast.  Remember, its top speed is about 25 higher overall than what's stated on the ship description because of the maneuvering jets.

No vanilla ship mounts the Storm Needler, so it rarely appears on markets.  Same goes for the Gauss Cannon and Plasma Cannon.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 06, 2015, 08:50:57 AM »

The Kestrel doesn't require as much in the way of logistics as most full cruisers.  Furthermore, it packs a good punch; even with PD it has two medium energy turrets and a large ballistic doing the work of two large ballistic slots.  Unlike the Vanguard, the Kestrel has the flux reserves to fire a large ballistic weapon at 2x speed continuously.  This gets really nasty if you have a weapon that can chew through ships, like the Gauss Cannon, Hellbore, or Mjolnir.  The main thing to remember is it has two medium missile mounts, so you can nuke a ship with Harpoons if it overloads, cripple the engines of ships with Salamanders, break open shields with Sabots, etc.  I find it to be quite effective.
I'll give it a try again when I have the skills to give it burn 7 without augmented engines, I guess.

The Alastor is really quite fast.  Remember, its top speed is about 25 higher overall than what's stated on the ship description because of the maneuvering jets.
Yeah, it is, but the AI is always somewhat conservative with the jets (when I switch to an Archon for a pursuit the other one in my fleet always lags behind by a fair bit) and its expensive to keep around as something I only use in pursuits.

No vanilla ship mounts the Storm Needler, so it rarely appears on markets.  Same goes for the Gauss Cannon and Plasma Cannon.
Hmm, fair enough, I have the other 2, guess I'll keep keeping an eye out.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Locusthorde300

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 06, 2015, 11:57:39 AM »

You can run just about any mod with SS+, it just won't have SS+ feature's unless I integrated it.

Some mods are just broken, though, and have bugs that cause crashes.

What all needs integration? Factions?

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 06, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »

Citadel doesnt even want to be a part of this...it crashes the moment you go the their wormhole....updated my left foot :|

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 06, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »

Citadel's been working fine for me, though the Mako fighters really annoy me.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 06, 2015, 03:02:52 PM »

Citadel doesnt even want to be a part of this...it crashes the moment you go the their wormhole....updated my left foot :|

Are you sure you are using the latest version of Citadel? Foxer updates it quite often, and the Version Checker mod is quite useful :)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 06, 2015, 05:24:49 PM »

Lopunny: The Citadrl system changed this time around. My guess is if you have an old save with the old system + the new version with the new system, it will crash.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 06, 2015, 11:51:29 PM »

No its a brand new game and I just got this starsector++ mod so I dont know whats up

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 07, 2015, 12:08:08 AM »

No its a brand new game and I just got this starsector++ mod so I dont know whats up
Why don't you post your mod list and their versions? That way we can be sure
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 197