Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1328310 times)

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.5
« Reply #1020 on: February 16, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »

Is it a bad thing that I would love to see what SS+ and Vacuum would look like if they were merged together?
It'd probably look like a normal-scale version of Project Titan, if I remember how Vacuum played right.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 16, 2015, 04:42:30 PM »

Is it a bad thing that I would love to see what SS+ and Vacuum would look like if they were merged together?

http://gfycat.com/WetAstonishingIberianemeraldlizard  :-X

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1023 on: February 17, 2015, 12:23:19 AM »

Teaser.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 17, 2015, 01:22:13 AM »

Hype.gif

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 17, 2015, 03:23:48 AM »

It hurts my soul enough not having the usual stuff, teasing me with fancy midline capital ships doesn't help! :P

Though I can't tell if there's also new weapons in there or just a showing of the gross inferiority of my GPU...
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 17, 2015, 04:20:25 AM »

I play on a 5 year old Dell laptop with a 9300M GS.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 17, 2015, 04:46:32 AM »

For the past year or two years, I've been playing Starfarersector  on integrated graphics, barely able to push 30fps with the HUD and range indicators turned off. It's so much fun to play at 60. Though even with an R9 290 (which I was told was a good card :L), I can dip down to 30 or lower when a lot of guns are on the field. Or when I forget to bind all 40 something weapons on my ship to actual groups so it's this big stacked mess on group 1.

I'm pretty sure the integrated users outnumber the gfx card users, though. Any of the big adventurous mods have had pages and pages of people being unable to play from out-of-memory errors, whether that be too many textures to load into the gfx or too many textures to load into RAM.

EDIT:
Also, Dark, use the gfy link. It loads so much faster, even if people have to click it instead of it being an inline image. You can make enormous gifs quite confidently instead of having to keep them small for the sake of relatively fast loading. And did I spy medium Ion weapons on that midline ship? Have I never found those or are they new?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:54:16 AM by Silver Silence »

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 17, 2015, 05:07:40 AM »

For the past year or two years, I've been playing Starfarersector  on integrated graphics, barely able to push 30fps with the HUD and range indicators turned off. It's so much fun to play at 60. Though even with an R9 290 (which I was told was a good card :L), I can dip down to 30 or lower when a lot of guns are on the field. Or when I forget to bind all 40 something weapons on my ship to actual groups so it's this big stacked mess on group 1.

I'm pretty sure the integrated users outnumber the gfx card users, though. Any of the big adventurous mods have had pages and pages of people being unable to play from out-of-memory errors, whether that be too many textures to load into the gfx or too many textures to load into RAM.

EDIT:
Also, Dark, use the gfy link. It loads so much faster, even if people have to click it instead of it being an inline image. You can make enormous gifs quite confidently instead of having to keep them small for the sake of relatively fast loading. And did I spy medium Ion weapons on that midline ship? Have I never found those or are they new?

I was thinking of buying a R9 290, what is your opinion about the card? From what I've seen its the best price/performance ratio card for high end GPUs.
What is your cpu load when you dip to 30 fps? I usually start to lose frames when my CPU gets to 0-2% idle.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 17, 2015, 05:38:43 AM »

I couldn't tell you much, this is my first PC built ever, I've been playing on consoles for like a decade. It plays pretty much any game I've wanted it to at 60fps and maxed graphics but that doesn't say much as I haven't played any recent triple As and most of my games are indie titles that I hoped my craptop could manage. If it doesn't play smooth 60 at maxed graphics, pulling back a little on the graphics usually does the trick. The only game that's brought my fps below 30fps regularly is X3 but that's because you can run the game 10x faster than normal whenever you please and it's more to do with the fact that my cpu is trying to run the game at 10x as well. My CPU is notably weaker, a stock AMD [email protected].

TL:DR
Am console peasant, is gud card, very stronk, much fidelity, wow.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 17, 2015, 06:49:05 AM »

I couldn't tell you much, this is my first PC built ever, I've been playing on consoles for like a decade. It plays pretty much any game I've wanted it to at 60fps and maxed graphics but that doesn't say much as I haven't played any recent triple As and most of my games are indie titles that I hoped my craptop could manage. If it doesn't play smooth 60 at maxed graphics, pulling back a little on the graphics usually does the trick. The only game that's brought my fps below 30fps regularly is X3 but that's because you can run the game 10x faster than normal whenever you please and it's more to do with the fact that my cpu is trying to run the game at 10x as well. My CPU is notably weaker, a stock AMD [email protected].

TL:DR
Am console peasant, is gud card, very stronk, much fidelity, wow.
That was my impression of the card for the most part, that it will run any current game just fine.
Aaaaand Totalbiscuit fan ?
Last offtopic for a while.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1031 on: February 17, 2015, 09:20:22 AM »

GFY links don't work with mobile devices.  Plus I made this gif intentionally small (under 15 MB) to avoid it being too gratuitous.

That medium weapon has been around for a while; it's called the Heavy Ion Blaster.

The R9 290 is good, but your CPU isn't, and is holding back your gaming experience.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 17, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »

Teaser.

Jesus DR stop messing with me and release the mod already. You're killing me slowly.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 17, 2015, 12:20:44 PM »

The R9 290 is good, but your CPU isn't, and is holding back your gaming experience.

I was building something budget at first and then I found myself with a fair bit more money to work with, by which time most parts had already arrived and I was just like what the heck and built it with a better card. It really doesn't hold me back too much, given my previous primary gaming platform for many years has been the 360.

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 17, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »

Any idea when the 65.2a version will be ready? I really can't stand stock starsector anymore without my precious stockalike ship and weapon selections :<
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 197