Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] ICE Faction  (Read 135023 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: ICE (Upcoming Faction) Teasers
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »

Really looking forward to this one.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 09:10:42 AM »

Thanks guys  :D
I've got today and tomorrow off, so I should be able to make some good progress.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2014, 10:04:53 PM »

Man I love this new concept. Kamikaze ships.....WOW... ;D
Spoiler

[close]

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »

New teasers for another ship!

Ramming speeeeeeeeed!!! ;D Sundog, this is seriously impressive. I can't wait to play this (and to desperately avoid being speared by this).
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »

Well, folks, I finally feel like this faction is in a fairly playable state.  :)

You can get it here. Enjoy!  :D

Feedback is welcome on all aspects of the mod, but please note that much is still missing (e.g. descriptions).

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: ICE Faction (WIP)
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »

That repository is not accessible for us.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »

I suggest you use a download provider that doesnt require an account, many people dont like having to make an account somewhere just to download something

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 07:00:56 PM »

Aw, poo. I thought it was a public link...

Edit: Should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads up Ember
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:07:52 PM by Sundog »

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »

downloaded, going to see how your ships handle my high mass ships ^^

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 09:41:23 PM »

Let me know what you find out!  :)

You are insane Sundog!
Ahaha! Bliss...
Sanity and shields are for people who don't properly appriciate missile spam  :)
The interaction between the exi repulsor and ice mobeus ray is crazy.
Do you mind if I add this to the OP?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2014, 09:49:22 PM »

Go for it :)

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »

Let me know what you find out!  :)

well that was amusing but probably not much of a good example of my ships capabilities, my dreadnought which i find to be rather overpowered seems to be quite capable in taking on most of your ships solo, though every single one of your frigates were flattened against the hull of my ship, once i get around to making a mission that pits my ships against yours ill make a vid, though if you would like i can record my OP ship vs some of your ships

Chaos Farseer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2014, 10:51:24 PM »

Well, I could've been sleeping, but I just had to try this out. Congratulations on an amazing and original mod.

I only playtested this against Vanilla ships, mostly in the simulator but also one random battle. During that battle I used Vanilla ships (and outnumbered the ICE fleet); during simulation I tried out all the ICE vessels against whatever was the most amusing at the time. I don't have much practice with giving feedback, but here goes.

Possible bug:
When the Voidreaver appears in battle, the box indicating whether it's a friend or enemy is tiny. I'd guess that's a ship radius problem.
Love it's main cannon, by the way. It makes enemies go flying, and also kills Buffaloes in one shot. The ordinance deflection is kind of weird, but most of the time it's not noticeable. I only noticed its effects when I re-watched MesoTroniK's video and saw it push away the Exiegency's torpedoes.

Generally speaking, I feel like your armor values on Destroyer and larger ships are too high. I had an interesting duel between a Kelpie and a Hammerhead with Assault Chainguns, for instance, and with regeneration the Kelpie effectively had infinite armor. I think it took 8 hull damage overall, only from the explosion?
Generally, the armor is completely insufficient against deadly, single-shot high explosives, but it's quite a problem otherwise.
Yes a Kelpie can fit the front of an Onslaught in it's 'mouth', but it's still suicide. Had to try it out.
The Kelpie keeps getting its tractor beam disabled. That might not be a bad thing, but I'll mention it just in case.

Your large energy weapons might do too much damage. The awesome Mobeus Beam seems to be a generally easy choice since it can hit fighters, missiles, and even usually bounce over shields, and it's pretty good at all of the above. 2 Fission Beams melted a Hammerhead in around 2 seconds once shields were breached.

I think the Athame would be better off if it's default loadout had Reinforced Bulkheads and Blast Doors instead of armor, since all its armor melts off once it collides with anything anyway. I also tried putting a Front Shield Generator on it; I have no idea what that would do to the AI, but from a piloting perspective it can help the Athame not die to missiles.

You have a medium missile bomb weapon that isn't on any default ship weapon; I forgot what it's called. It was pretty fun on the Flashghast, although I couldn't tell if the Buffalo exploded because I rammed into it or because the bomb hit.

I don't really have detailed feedback on individual ships aside from that. Take what you'd like. Now, I want to see how they fare against Blackrock. Once again, thanks for sharing this with us!

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:16 PM »

I think...I think I'm in love.  :o
Spoiler

[close]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19