Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Deployment Positions  (Read 4487 times)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Deployment Positions
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:06:34 AM »

I haven't read all the suggestions, or kept up to speed on all the developments, so if this was already covered forgive me :P.

In any case, the suggestion is as the title reads. I noticed that you can shift your ships around before deployment when you put them into groups before battle, however, is there a way to separate the function of grouping and where they're going to appear along the bottom of the map?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Deployment Positions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:06:08 AM »

I haven't read all the suggestions, or kept up to speed on all the developments, so if this was already covered forgive me :P.

In any case, the suggestion is as the title reads. I noticed that you can shift your ships around before deployment when you put them into groups before battle, however, is there a way to separate the function of grouping and where they're going to appear along the bottom of the map?

Ahh, you know, it's a good point. Did it this way for simplicity, both UI and implementation-wise, but ideally you'd be able to do as you suggest.

The way it is now does let you put stuff where you want by assigning group numbers carefully (lowest # to the leftmost, etc). But of course if you want the group on the right to be number one, you're out of luck.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: Deployment Positions
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:58:01 AM »

Also if you want say, deploy 1 & 3 overlapping, and 2 on the rights, because of the current positions of those groups that are already on the map, or if you want to put extra space between 1 and 2 because you want to give them plenty of maneuvering room