Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The P9 Colony Group - Faction mod (v0.54), Nexerelin Compatible  (Read 256515 times)

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile

i think this the first time necroing a dead mod from 4 years ago resulted in resuscitating it

Think of it as being in coma for 4 years and counting, the doctors are willing to try a revivification and has done some paperwork for performing the necessary procedure during the last 4 years. But honestly the insurance is paying for that hospital bed until the end of time and close of kin are all dead so it can probably lie there for some more time.   

Also, that guy also sent me a PM, which went to my email. So that is why I actually noticed.

If this prophecy comes true my man will you be releasing strictly for 0.95a? or will you release a version for 0.91a and 0.95a? whichever doesn't matter I just hope you acquire the power to make this a special mod in the community, crazy sprites! ideas are limitless from here!

BTW: The Samaa-EBM is the most unique ship I've seen in a while, those cables connecting on the ship is pure art!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:02:39 PM by Flacman3000 »
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Updated download link with new version, most stuff functions in vanilla I think but I have not done any nexerelin playtesting. The silverfish ship is still a POS mostly useful for playing tennis with frigates, the Eyfel is still lacklustre.

I completely understand I have twins on the way!!
Placeholder garbage no worries! I know people will be interested trust me on you slowly update and work on it when you have time no rush I just wanted to know why it fell so hard in 2016. It's a great mod.

Glad you liked it, and good luck with the twins, if you need recommendations on diapers send me another PM.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 04:14:03 PM by Zudgemud »

FlameBearer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

whoops

Wow, ngl, this is a power move, I approve.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Ok, so it crashes for me when entering the Tolp system in Nexerelin, so apparently it is no longer nex compatible, bleh.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile

serious power move right there! yes, I was confused why you mentioned the version prior to the one today was 0.91a compatible as I was crashing instantly upon sector generation! Currently looking forward to you fixing the 0.95a at the very least for nex users and maybe I can help make it backwards compatible with 0.91a for those still on it?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ok, so it crashes for me when entering the Tolp system in Nexerelin, so apparently it is no longer nex compatible, bleh.

WOW thank you. Initially when I saw the thread necroed I thought what a cool looking mod, oh... I'll never get to play it.
It's amazing how awesome the Starsector community is.

Vherkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

My god, that mod look amazing ! =D
The ships are just gorgeous !

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile

My god, that mod look amazing ! =D
The ships are just gorgeous !

I know right man! his ships are so beautiful it's ridiculous, how can you not love those ship designs! Couldn't let this mod be forgotten.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

serious power move right there! yes, I was confused why you mentioned the version prior to the one today was 0.91a compatible as I was crashing instantly upon sector generation! Currently looking forward to you fixing the 0.95a at the very least for nex users and maybe I can help make it backwards compatible with 0.91a for those still on it?

It might be as simple as changing the mod description file (the non folder in the on folder) with notepad. One just writes starsector version 1.9.1a instead of 1.95a. I might be incorrect on the actual version names though.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile

Glad to see you back!  ;)

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

I think the problem with nexerelin not working might be due to the faction fleet list being outdated and referring to old fighter wings as ships or something. I'll try to fix this during the week. 

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Fixed the Nexerelin bug, so now it works with Nexerelin again. Also did some balance passes due to the new skill system (basically more flux) and fixed some gun layouts (some were just awful).

Download new Nexerelin compatible version with the link below.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cqn4bho1d929a4y/pn51.zip/file
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:58:17 AM by Zudgemud »

Zane0

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Cool! Will check this out.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:48:13 PM by Zane0 »

Littlepi

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Fixed the Nexerelin bug, so now it works with Nexerelin again. Also did some balance passes due to the new skill system (basically more flux) and fixed some gun layouts (some were just awful).

Throws me an error when updating on current save from pn50.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Throws me an error when updating on current save from pn50.

Hmm, do you run Nexerelin and could you post the error from the starsector log? I guess there might be some save incompatibility since I had to convert an old fighter wing into a frigate to fix the Nexerelin crash. The .50 version crashed any time you entered a P9 system in Nexerelin and forced a mining fleet to spawn. That mining fleet had a mining wing that was somehow not playing nice with the game.

If you want the old 0.50 version just ask.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:56:22 PM by Zudgemud »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17