Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The P9 Colony Group - Faction mod (v0.54), Nexerelin Compatible  (Read 256581 times)

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile

Oh, well no offense but I feel a bit cheated by that, most factions mods are technically compatible with SS+, it's SS+ supported that's not so common and is usually a fairly big feature.

All the same I'll probably install P9 for my next playthrough once citadel, exigency, and SRA update.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Oh, well no offense but I feel a bit cheated by that, most factions mods are technically compatible with SS+, it's SS+ supported that's not so common and is usually a fairly big feature.

All the same I'll probably install P9 for my next playthrough once citadel, exigency, and SRA update.

Actually all mods should be compatible with these two. The question is not if they are compatible or not, but for SS+ if they can you the extras and in Nexerelin if the faction can be used in Corvus Mode. The only mods that should be able to use either features are listed under these two mods. I doubt if a new mod appears that supports either feature it will not get listed there, since both SS+ and Nexeneril devs are super active :D
Ignorance is bliss..

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

There is a file name case related bug in the latest release that prevents the game from loading on case sensitive OS.

The file graphics/pn/weapons/pndsilaser/v1/pn_dsi_turretbase59.PNG should be renamed to pn_dsi_turretbase59.png (small letters in the extension) so the automatic animation sequence loading can work.

BTW, if renaming in Windows please watch as some programs have the habit to capitalize first letter of file names on their own when you rename.
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

That's strange, I thought I fixed that as I overwrote that file when saving with photoshop... turns out it just decided to keep that capital letters. Will try to fix via some other method.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile

So...

I managed to get a Sl-T3 destroyer.

I saw that the Sl-T3 had a hybrid overtaken by a probe and tried to equip another weapon and it ate the weapon...

Now I had nothing in the supposed "Hybrid" slot on the Sl-T3 with weapons missing.

Is that supposed to happen?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

So...

I managed to get a Sl-T3 destroyer.

I saw that the Sl-T3 had a hybrid overtaken by a probe and tried to equip another weapon and it ate the weapon...

Now I had nothing in the supposed "Hybrid" slot on the Sl-T3 with weapons missing.

Is that supposed to happen?

Nope, sorry!

Will try to get a patch out to fix that asap and a couple of other bugs/mistakes that I noticed with regards to slots.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile

So then, a little something I found out..

I managed to get a Phase Capital and...

I was slightly dissapointed. (Although I probably should have seen it coming)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

Can confirm the bug about the 9 probe on the destroyer...If you unmount the probe, it goes into your inventory and the ships permanent burn goes to 5.  If you try to mount something else in its place, it wont show up in the weapon groups....oddly enough you CAN take the P9 probe and stick it into the omnifactory and it will produce them as an 8 day weapon.

I think the best thing to do in this case is make it a weapon that cannot be unmounted "built in" so to speak, like the Claw missile on the tiandong mining ship.

Very odd behavoire on this.

ProdigyToby

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I noticed that as well too, you can unmount the probe launcher and legit have it as a weapon.

On another note, does anyone have enough experience with this mod to recommend a good fleet composition with these ships?  I don't fully understand the destroyer with the single probe launcher and two smalls, for instance.  Whats the idea?  Have a bunch of these so they spam those probes or something?  By itself this destroyer isn't particularly amazing, but I can imagine a handful of these spamming probes being useful.  I really like the support capital with the weapon that does massive emp damage (forgetting the name of it) and I can see that being useful in other fleets but some of these ships I would have a hard time thinking of a use for them.  The description for this destroyer says its a "long range killer of larger ships" but how?  this probe launcher barely does enough damage to hurt a destroyer,  I cant see it hurting anything bigger than that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:45:37 PM by ProdigyToby »

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

I noticed that as well too, you can unmount the probe launcher and legit have it as a weapon.

On another note, does anyone have enough experience with this mod to recommend a good fleet composition with these ships?  I don't fully understand the destroyer with the single probe launcher and two smalls, for instance.  Whats the idea?  Have a bunch of these so they spam those probes or something?  By itself this destroyer isn't particularly amazing, but I can imagine a handful of these spamming probes being useful.  I really like the support capital with the weapon that does massive emp damage (forgetting the name of it) and I can see that being useful in other fleets but some of these ships I would have a hard time thinking of a use for them.  The description for this destroyer says its a "long range killer of larger ships" but how?  this probe launcher barely does enough damage to hurt a destroyer,  I cant see it hurting anything bigger than that.

The ship is simply bugged atm, it was supposed to have a hybrid mount but I believe I changed it from a large built in T3 cannon to a large hybrid mount with an old version of trylobot, I assume this version did not really recognize the new hybrid class or I simply screwed up in some other way. However, I recently fixed that and I will upload the fixed version later today. Lots of other stuff to update with this mod for example the lackluster shipsystem on the new capital, but for the last few months and the coming 3 months I wont have much time to work with this due to my job so I doubt much will happen. I might actually just see if somebody wants to adopt it instead.

ProdigyToby

• Ensign
    • View Profile

On another note, does anyone have enough experience with this mod to recommend a good fleet composition with these ships?  I don't fully understand the destroyer with the single probe launcher and two smalls, for instance.  Whats the idea?  Have a bunch of these so they spam those probes or something?  By itself this destroyer isn't particularly amazing, but I can imagine a handful of these spamming probes being useful.  I really like the support capital with the weapon that does massive emp damage (forgetting the name of it) and I can see that being useful in other fleets but some of these ships I would have a hard time thinking of a use for them.  The description for this destroyer says its a "long range killer of larger ships" but how?  this probe launcher barely does enough damage to hurt a destroyer,  I cant see it hurting anything bigger than that.

The ship is simply bugged atm, it was supposed to have a hybrid mount but I believe I changed it from a large built in T3 cannon to a large hybrid mount with an old version of trylobot, I assume this version did not really recognize the new hybrid class or I simply screwed up in some other way. However, I recently fixed that and I will upload the fixed version later today. Lots of other stuff to update with this mod for example the lackluster shipsystem on the new capital, but for the last few months and the coming 3 months I wont have much time to work with this due to my job so I doubt much will happen. I might actually just see if somebody wants to adopt it instead.

Oh, nice!  Some of these larger ships have strange systems (silverfish) that the ai simply won't use.  I was super sad to see the AI for me doesn't use the lancers system, which is obviously its most important part, as I thought that was such a unique and fun thing to see out in fleet battles.  Your mod has some of the most unique and fun designs for ships though, I really like all the different roles the smaller frigates fill in, Its a really interesting dynamic to have all those frigates doing different things in a fleet battle while the bigger ships capitalize on their distractions with damage and whatnot.  The spritework is also very very nicely done, I like to look of the ships.  Hopefully someone is willing to just do some maintenance on the mod to keep it up to date!  It would be a real shame for this really unique faction to fall behind.  Nothing major like adding anything new is necessary as this fleet already has alot going for it and the weapons are interesting, but just updating to keep the faction working would be good enough.  Thanks for your hard work on this mod and good luck with your work situation!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:01:15 AM by ProdigyToby »

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Nice that you like it so far, most of the polish in regards to shipsystems, AI and weapon effects requires coding, something that I cant do myself beyond blindly copying and pasting others work, so that part will be slower to improve sadly, unless someone much more skilled agrees to help me with it.

Anyway, here is an updated version of the mod, as far as I tested it I managed to stamp out the bug you mentioned, relocated the Tolp system to resolve a collision with Gneiss and slightly modified the Lancer sprite a bit.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s6r2rmad99zpmny/pn43.rar

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah, swarm tactics. The launcher fires 3 missiles fairly quickly and with the missile+ordnance combat buff, they hit hard and they have a fair number of hps. Once you can get ECCM its all good bro. The two side mounts having amazing coverage as well allowing both those weapons to focus fire.  The SKS gun they come with will rip fighter cover to pieces and when concentrated can do some serious damage to armor... You do need to spam 4 or 5 of these things though... I treat most of the P9 fleet as if they were drones, which i guess in sense they are. Very little cargo and a set number of people to crew them..no more, no less.

in fact, the faction does so much EMP damage with no flux issues i think they may be a bit OP once you start the ball rolling with them(around lvl 16-20)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

On another note, does anyone have enough experience with this mod to recommend a good fleet composition with these ships?  I don't fully understand the destroyer with the single probe launcher and two smalls, for instance.  Whats the idea?  Have a bunch of these so they spam those probes or something?  By itself this destroyer isn't particularly amazing, but I can imagine a handful of these spamming probes being useful.  I really like the support capital with the weapon that does massive emp damage (forgetting the name of it) and I can see that being useful in other fleets but some of these ships I would have a hard time thinking of a use for them.  The description for this destroyer says its a "long range killer of larger ships" but how?  this probe launcher barely does enough damage to hurt a destroyer,  I cant see it hurting anything bigger than that.

Oh, nice!  Some of these larger ships have strange systems (silverfish) that the ai simply won't use.  I was super sad to see the AI for me doesn't use the lancers system, which is obviously its most important part, as I thought that was such a unique and fun thing to see out in fleet battles.  Your mod has some of the most unique and fun designs for ships though, I really like all the different roles the smaller frigates fill in, Its a really interesting dynamic to have all those frigates doing different things in a fleet battle while the bigger ships capitalize on their distractions with damage and whatnot.  The spritework is also very very nicely done, I like to look of the ships.  Hopefully someone is willing to just do some maintenance on the mod to keep it up to date!  It would be a real shame for this really unique faction to fall behind.  Nothing major like adding anything new is necessary as this fleet already has alot going for it and the weapons are interesting, but just updating to keep the faction working would be good enough.  Thanks for your hard work on this mod and good luck with your work situation!

The Lancer code can be lifted straight from the Templar destroyer/cruiser ships....the guy that made the mod has a system that overcharges the engines and they ram straight for you....let me tell you its quite effective at destroying cruisers:(.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

The P9 distraction frigate is super over powered compared to every other frigate in the game...massive flux dissipation, speed and turning to outrun tweaked tempests, hyperions and venom-x's and missiles that never run out of ammo.

I seriously toned them down in your file, and they still might be OP.

You can do some roles, even many roles, but you shouldnt be able to do everything and requiring massive strike weapons and really fast missiles to counter this.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17