Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The P9 Colony Group - Faction mod (v0.54), Nexerelin Compatible  (Read 256536 times)

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Sad there is not more feedback for this mod, it's pretty fun.

The Korlo is quite a weird beast. A phase ship without armor? Never put this in the hands of the AI. It's pretty damn deadly when armed with the STK cannon, you can unleash a constant stream of bullets at ludicrous range. You can potentially take down pretty much anything with it, as long as you don't get too close of course.

The Sike-M is now better but still suffer from the friendly fire of its own missiles. letting the AI control this one is absolutely out of question. Also projectiles happen to go through the shield of this ship a lot, haven't really tried other ships since then.

I look forward for the Exerelin compatibility

Tiny update, fixed the Sike-M rocket pods, now the rockets wont collide with the launching ship any more as the rocket launch velocity is now higher than the maximum speed of the launching ships (I couldn't figure this out before, I'm dumb), new download in OP.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Got this bug with newest version.

Code
8067 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Played a bit more against them (on the previous version). They always lose one or two ships before i can engage them, probably due to their very high-speed. Speaking of speed, the 8 burn from their ships is insane, i just can't catch any of their fleets, it can very frustrating. Almost suicidal too to enter their system if they are hostile, one of the big fleet can catch you as easily as a scout team.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Well this is probably since I relabeled ships to avoid mod conflics, so I guess it is not save compatible :-\

And the thing with ships popping before you see them in game is most likely because of them hitting asteroids while in travel dive and I dont know how to fix that without simply buffing hp or armor.

Regarding the travel speed I agree that its annoying, and I'm thinking of nerfing it with the addition of a 6 burn troop transport that I made for exerelin.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I also got a load error with the latest version:

Code
 13367 [Thread-9] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull [pn_valkyrie] from ship_data.csv not found in store
 13456 [Thread-9] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.OooO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

I believe the issue is you pn_valkyrie.ship file lists the hullId as 'valkyrie' rather than 'pn_valkyrie' :)

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

I also got a load error with the latest version:

Code
 13367 [Thread-9] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull [pn_valkyrie] from ship_data.csv not found in store
 13456 [Thread-9] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.OooO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

I believe the issue is you pn_valkyrie.ship file lists the hullId as 'valkyrie' rather than 'pn_valkyrie' :)

Yup, right you are!

This is now fixed and the new download is available in the OP, and that version will also be compatible with the next exerelin release, and sadly I don't think it is save compatible with older versions.

I'm working on my first ship system too, a phasecloak that sends out an EMP pulse when entering phase woooo. And it almost works too, almost...

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile

Hi!

The mod looks for the file 'sike.png', while it's called 'Sike.png'. Just a tiny miscapitalization that will cause issues on Linux.

And you still have a valkyrie.ship in pn/data/hulls/ which have caused this error (for me at least):

324935 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [valkyrie] variant [valkyrie_Elite]: slot id [WS 001] not found for weapon [lightdualmg]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [valkyrie] variant [valkyrie_Elite]: slot id [WS 001] not found for weapon [lightdualmg]

Removing that file fixed it. :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:27:05 AM by Garmine »
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hi!

The mod looks for the file 'sike.png', while it's called 'Sike.png'. Just a tiny miscapitalization that will cause issues on Linux.

And you still have a valkyrie.ship in pn/data/hulls/ which have caused this error (for me at least):

324935 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [valkyrie] variant [valkyrie_Elite]: slot id [WS 001] not found for weapon [lightdualmg]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [valkyrie] variant [valkyrie_Elite]: slot id [WS 001] not found for weapon [lightdualmg]

Removing that file fixed it. :)

Thank you very much for pointing that out, it is not corrected.

With the new Exerelin release I also added a fresh update, this should fix the afromentioned bugs and add a new destroyer with a novel ship system, a phase ship that unleashes an EMP wave as it goes into phase. Hope you enjoy playing around with that :)

New ship:

Banana for scale:

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

That's one huge destroyer, very nice sprite though. By the way, did you tried to make a glow animation for orbs things?

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

That's one huge destroyer, very nice sprite though. By the way, did you tried to make a glow animation for orbs things?

Thanks, I also think it came out pretty ok. :) I too was unsure of what to classify it as, since it would either be a really small cruiser or a big destroyer, I don't really have feeling on what would fit it best balance wise though.
While the animation of all glowing cores would be great I guess it might also take a toll on weaker systems, especially as I would suck at optimizing such stuff, will think about it though.

Regarding the update;
Some changes to CR to make it more like vanilla 0.6.2, basically cut deployment and recovery in half. Also updated the look of the Korlo-SKT and the Tick, both look different now and the Tick also gained a phasecloak, which still makes it useless in any combat but hey, a hauler with phasecloak. Also added a heavy defensive fighter, which acts basically a pointdefence turret with a teleport.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not that much cpu intensive i think. Otherwise you can make like others modders did, you use the engine glow for your orbs.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

I cant stop bloating my faction with ships :(

Added a new cruiser, the Kaala. In player hands it can cut through most enemies with it's beam charge shipsystem. Sadly the computer cant use it as anything else than a sheildtank because I have no idea to edit this behavior.

Patch notes.
Added the Kaala, a sheildtank cruiser with a special shipsystem that fires a devastating central beam while also charging forward.
Nerfed the Stress fighter by removing the rocket spam and replaced it with a short range emp.
Upped the energy cost for the T3 cannon.
Made the T3 cannon shots more visible.
Upped the energy cost and gave a slight damage bonus to the SKT cannon.
Buffed the damage of the Cyz emp phase system.
Removed some pink from most visual effects.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:41:12 AM by Zudgemud »

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

The Kaala looks devastating, though I think the "blade" parts could use just a little more detail.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, the blades are a bit too clean, it feel weird. You can use some "soft" greebling to detail it a bit more, like this (credit to Sundog). That way you can keep the smooth impression with additional details.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

The irony here is that i already have that version with  sectioned armorplates at home, but in the very end I decided against it since I liked the raw armor plates version slightly slightly more :P

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Because armor plates are so expensive to make that large, make it cost something ridiculous!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17