Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The P9 Colony Group - Faction mod (v0.54), Nexerelin Compatible  (Read 256563 times)

XviZoR

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yup, starts just fine now in Corvus, thanks for the quick fix =)

Absolutecero

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey is the SL-t3 suppose to have a burn speed of 5 because that is mega slow to me. 

atretador

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Phase cruiser is hard as hell to catch ;-;

spent like half hour on a battle just chasing one around using Wolf frigates and phase destroyers :d

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile

Hey, this mod is on 0.7.2 now! Really love these otherworldly shiny purple ships.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make P9 Nexerelin compatible. The sector just wouldn't be the same without the purple UFOs zipping around  :D

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile

I wish this was resurrected what happened?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

dude, can you stop necroing threads? This is like the fourth time you have done this.
if there was no post since 2016 you can be rather sure that the mod is dead.

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Kids

dude, can you stop necroing threads? This is like the fourth time you have done this.

Also, I have a version that probably works with this latest release as it worked with the previous version and as far as I know I dont really need to change anything to make it compatible with 0.95.

However, I have yet to actually fix the following:

1. The ship fits are all crap, as in carriers have no fighters and ships are over OP, mods need to be reconsidered, guns that are bad needs to be replaced and totally random weapon groups etc.
2. A fun ship system for the Eyfel, I think it has the medusa skim now? I wanted to make a big phase mine with a custom animation, but I didnt figure out how to do the animation for that.
3. A fun ship system for the Cyc-C, though I could probably just take the afflictor or harbinger ones or someting.
4. Fix the dumbness that is the Silverfish. Currently I aim for it to have a cloak that gives it a burndrive forward, high energy focus as a ship system and guns that are basically immune to EMP without being built in (because if they are built in you cant see them). I have yet to manage any of this as I got stuck on trying to fix the cloak that gives the speed boost. This is annoying as I have had a working version of that before yet now I seemingly cant recreate that with the same script.
5. The ship and gun sounds are ***
6. The guns look a bit funny due to me not knowing how they are rendered.
7. Ships could be made ready for cool graphics effects but I have not even tried to implement this.

So yeah, I could probably cram out a technically working version but it will be full of temporary placeholder garbage.

FlameBearer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've never played this mod before, but I have to say that the designs look really neat, and I think it'd be great to see it in 0.95

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Strange to see how one necromancer could bring a dead mod back.

There is straight up irony to that.

Punkinguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

i think this the first time necroing a dead mod from 4 years ago resulted in resuscitating it
Doom-Class Cruisers are my Bloodtype

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile

i think this the first time necroing a dead mod from 4 years ago resulted in resuscitating it

Think of it as being in coma for 4 years and counting, the doctors are willing to try a revivification and has done some paperwork for performing the necessary procedure during the last 4 years. But honestly the insurance is paying for that hospital bed until the end of time and close of kin are all dead so it can probably lie there for some more time.   

Also, that guy also sent me a PM, which went to my email. So that is why I actually noticed.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Strange to see how one necromancer could bring a dead mod back.
There is straight up irony to that.
No its actually not irony. The irony is ZeroGman lampooning the necro with classic Frankenstein and the original modder immediately responds with “yeah, I could maybe do that.” after years of dormancy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:12:34 PM by IonDragonX »

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile

I necro'd a thread only once my friend my apologies. And it was this one!

Kids

Also, I have a version that probably works with this latest release as it worked with the previous version and as far as I know I dont really need to change anything to make it compatible with 0.95.

However, I have yet to actually fix the following:

1. The ship fits are all crap, as in carriers have no fighters and ships are over OP, mods need to be reconsidered, guns that are bad needs to be replaced and totally random weapon groups etc.
2. A fun ship system for the Eyfel, I think it has the medusa skim now? I wanted to make a big phase mine with a custom animation, but I didnt figure out how to do the animation for that.
3. A fun ship system for the Cyc-C, though I could probably just take the afflictor or harbinger ones or someting.
4. Fix the dumbness that is the Silverfish. Currently I aim for it to have a cloak that gives it a burndrive forward, high energy focus as a ship system and guns that are basically immune to EMP without being built in (because if they are built in you cant see them). I have yet to manage any of this as I got stuck on trying to fix the cloak that gives the speed boost. This is annoying as I have had a working version of that before yet now I seemingly cant recreate that with the same script.
5. The ship and gun sounds are ***
6. The guns look a bit funny due to me not knowing how they are rendered.
7. Ships could be made ready for cool graphics effects but I have not even tried to implement this.

So yeah, I could probably cram out a technically working version but it will be full of temporary placeholder garbage.

I completely understand I have twins on the way!! Lol, best of luck to you my friend and yes your mod is something special I saw it just vanished after 2016 and refused to believe your mod would have no interest! We sorely need a mod with sprites like this, it's very unique. Hope 5 years hasn't rusted your memory on modding LOL. I'll be modding myself soon. learning the ropes.

Placeholder garbage no worries! I know people will be interested trust me on you slowly update and work on it when you have time no rush I just wanted to know why it fell so hard in 2016. It's a great mod.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17