Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Now I have a great fleet....But I can't catch up to any others....  (Read 3018 times)

qsdoosix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It's so sad :(
I'm now using Hiigaran Descendants mod. The Super freighter is very important for my fleet (It can carry many supplies with little fleet points). But now I have a problem, My fleet is very slow because this freighter, It seems not influenced by my skill. I got level 10 in Navigation, but it still have a max burn of 3, with or with out skill....... Why? I putted a unstable injector on it, and 4 max burn is just equal to most of other smaller fleets, so I still can't catch up to them....Is there any other way for me to improve it's speed?

heskey30

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Now I have a great fleet....But I can't catch up to any others....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »

You can find some tugs. If it is a capital ship, I believe you can get 4 of them, and each of them will increase its speed by 1.

Jazwana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:09:16 AM »

Also, Augmented Engines gives +2 burn speed while Unstable Injector only gives +1 (their in-combat bonuses are someone different too.)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 06:37:12 AM »

Aug engines is the "working" version of unstable injector, or atleast thats what alex wants it to be, you have the tech, so now you have an unstable injector but without its downsides.
same way the ITU is the better version of ITC. same stats, but can be used on all ships and for less OP cost.

momerathe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 07:50:48 AM »

Also, Augmented Engines gives +2 burn speed while Unstable Injector only gives +1 (their in-combat bonuses are someone different too.)

man, I keep forgetting this. Got to get those two extra points of tech..

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »

Sometimes, it is better to get rid of your Atlas to get more smaller freighters. Mules and Tarsus can carry a reasonable amount of supply as well as making decent combat ships. The logistic cost shouldn't be much higher than an Atlas with a bunch of Tugs.

VerifiedN

• Ensign
  • A random person on the internet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 01:43:54 AM »

I'd suggest getting a pair of Gemini. They're great little freighters with two medium ballistic turrets, a medium missile hardpoint, decent efficiency/angle omni shields, point defence drones (ship system) AND a flight deck. On top of that, they're cheap to maintain and drop only 15% CR when deployed. And, more importantly, they're quick - especially when you have the travel speed skill as they count as destroyers.