Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: [0.95a] The Mayorate v1.1.0 (2021-11-25)  (Read 321094 times)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] The Mayorate v0.9.1 (updated 13/12/15)
« Reply #375 on: December 29, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »

Yep. (I think so anyways, never encountered it myself yet.)

Also, enjoy... https://skfb.ly/JGrQ.

That's the link to the model and the original .blend file (looks a little better in Blender, but whatever). Underside is pretty bare-bones, but has the general direction of where I was going with things all those years ago... (major nostalgia for me looking at that model again)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:12:35 PM by kazi »

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 29, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »

That is awesome! i just want to fill a fleet with them!

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 29, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »

CHEENG CHEENG CHEENG *boom*
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2016, 09:49:24 PM »

really missed the phase leap on the tiamat.  :( was so fun

Will the Mayorate get a true "Mothership" type Capital in the future? for some reason i never felt the Ravana could be called that. Sure it has a High Hull strength but it can't hold the line and push the enemy capitals back.
Ships like the onslaught / paragon / Victory etc easily spearheads through the thickest formations whilst the Ravana is pushed aside.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2016, 12:56:14 AM »

Heh, well there is no shame in simply changing the Tiamat's entry for "system_id" in mayorate/data/hulls/ship_data.csv.

You are correct on the Ravana's current balance- it is quite weak relative to other faction capitals. That said, the Mayorate cruisers are borderline light capitals themselves and can be used to back up a Ravana quite well. I also should probably admit that I usually get bored when flying around in capital ships (it feels very steamroll-y to me), and often simply restart when I reach that point of the game, so I've neglected that ship class a bit.

Currently I don't have any plans to expand the ship lineup, as each one is quite a major investment in art time. I've shelved most major work on this mod in favor of a standalone videogame I'm currently developing as a bit of a weekend/evening project. The two projects eat up the same pool of time so I kind of have to pick one versus the other (and I think having a fun little videogame I can call my own will be more awesome than simply having a great mod). Also I simply enjoy doing my own stuff a bit more- I can implement whatever I want without having to work around a pre-existing game engine or worry if another modder already came up with the same idea as I did, etc.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2016, 01:00:01 AM »

Don't know what you could be making, but if the quality is anything like what you have made here, it will be awesome!

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2016, 10:51:59 AM »

I also should probably admit that I usually get bored when flying around in capital ships (it feels very steamroll-y to me), and often simply restart when I reach that point of the game, so I've neglected that ship class a bit.
Ugh, I know the feeling. =( I just fought a bounty fleet led by a Paragon, my very first time seeing one outside of the arcade.  I kill it, get a boarding opportunity for it, and because I was capturing markets in Nexerelin I actually had the marines to capture it!  I now have a Paragon and don't even want to use use it. D: I love my destroyer-based fleets too much, the starting charge and agile battle line, ships jockeying until one side can gain a lethal advantage to pounce.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:53:50 AM by Adraius »

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2016, 11:26:42 AM »

Definitely agree on the capital ships there. Whenever i hit a steamroll in a game, i restart. I think i will try like you said, and keep a destroyer based fleet. maybe a few falcons, and i haven't flown the hammerhead in forever.

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 04, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »

Cruisers are good to have in limited numbers so you can engage into heavier fleets, pure destroyers will get wrecked after a certain point.  I like 2-3 cruisers, a whole bunch of destroyers, and 4-8 frigates, the frigate count just depending on what I have available overall.  Sometimes I'll have a relatively fast, fleet-friendly capital ship as well, like a Renegade.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:49:02 PM by Adraius »

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 04, 2016, 01:06:07 PM »

Cruisers are good to have in limited numbers so you can engage into heavier fleets, pure destroyers will get wrecked after a certain point.  I like 2-3 cruisers, a whole bunch of destroyers, and 4-8 frigates, the frigate count just depending on what I have available overall.  Sometimes I'll have a relatively fast, fleet-friendly capital ship as well, like a Renegade.

This, so much this. You can still take on ultra-heavy fleets and things are both winnable and a challenge (making mistakes gets punished pretty hard though).

Don't know what you could be making, but if the quality is anything like what you have made here, it will be awesome!

Heh, thanks. :D I'm attempting to write a strategy game for Android/iOS that doesn't suck.

The thing that always blows my mind about modern phones/tablets is that their specs would literally be considered a great gaming computer a decade ago. Nevertheless, everything that's come out for them so far has been awful minigames/puzzle games like Candy Crush or Angry Birds designed purely to suck the money out of their players. So I'm trying to put together an "actual game" on Android (iOS later maybe- my engine supports it but I'd have to buy a bunch of i-devices). Anyhow, we'll see how the game works out- I'll post a few preview shots once the base engine is more fleshed out (and the graphics aren't all placeholders).

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 04, 2016, 05:07:19 PM »

Totally agree with you there. I rarely use my phone because all of the games designed for phones are money sinks. [ and the copy pasted money sink games don't help either ]

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 17, 2016, 02:27:48 AM »

Is there any chance of something bigger then the Ravanna?  Or at least something comparable? Ive found im having to black market other factions ships to fill gaps. While they do have some good medium missile boats, They are somewhat lacking in a stand off capital. The Carrier kinda fits this role but ive found no real use for more then one cruiser carrier.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 17, 2016, 02:41:43 AM »

Let me introduce you to the beautiful world of Del Azarchel + 2 ROLANDs.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 17, 2016, 11:59:25 AM »

Apparently, this bug is from Mayorate. I let my game on the main menu for a while, it eventually crashed.

Code
9317041 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing music source - AL error 40965
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing music source - AL error 40965
 at sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at sound.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
 at sound.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.void(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.Ö00000(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.Object.H.super(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.Object.E.o00000(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain$3.playMusic(Unknown Source)
 at data.scripts.plugins.MusicReset.advance(MusicReset.java:24)
 at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.o0oO$Oo.super(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.new.super(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.advance(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
 at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 01, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »

Let me introduce you to the beautiful world of Del Azarchel + 2 ROLANDs.

The Del Azarchel is probably the best missile boat ive used yet.....even without rolands if you make it a dedicated missile ship with timid officers it can pump out an obnoxious amount of archilles or whatever else you choose to spam with.  The micro missile clouds are amazing lol....i havent even tried with Exigency or Diable yet.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33