Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: [0.95a] The Mayorate v1.1.0 (2021-11-25)  (Read 320011 times)

9of2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] The Mayorate v0.9.0 (updated 11/12/15)
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »

Can't get the game to start with the mod activated, keeps coming up with this error:

Spoiler
86411 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Could it be something on my end?

Had the same issue, had something to do with my vmparams and jre folder. Fixed it by redoing the jre install for the 2g+ memory and restoring a backup vmparams. Failing that a fresh install should also fix it.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 11, 2015, 03:30:06 PM »

That is so weird. I've never seen that error. Going to do a quick troubleshooting run to see if I can reproduce it.

The mod does seem to *require* 64-bit Java, as it contains a huge amount of art and music assets (and Starsector insists on loading absolutely everything into memory). I've also only done testing with just this mod, LazyLib, and ShaderLib installed, so it also could also be a compatibility issue. Confirmed to work with the latest versions of Shadowyards, BRDY, Templars, Nexerelin, Version Checker.

*EDIT - mod download confirmed to work on 64-bit Ubuntu Linux, using the system JRE (as many users likely already know, the bundled JRE simply doesn't work on Linux.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:39:37 PM by kazi »

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 11, 2015, 03:55:13 PM »

Two quick observations: Rasht is located in the same place as Blackrock's Rama system. I'm probably not the only person who'd like to use both of these mods at once, so if you or Cycerin could move one of them a little, it'd be appreciated.

Also I'm not sure if it's a Nexerelin or Mayorate issue, but when starting a new Corvus mode game and picking the Mayorate as your starting faction, you get plopped in the middle of hyperspace, instead of next to Ilkhanna. It's not much work to fly there, but it's a little odd.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 11, 2015, 04:01:31 PM »

The way i have always done it is edit the starsector.bat file to change the memory so the first little bit looks like this: java -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m

is there a better way of doing this?

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 11, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »

Two quick observations: Rasht is located in the same place as Blackrock's Rama system. I'm probably not the only person who'd like to use both of these mods at once, so if you or Cycerin could move one of them a little, it'd be appreciated.

Also I'm not sure if it's a Nexerelin or Mayorate issue, but when starting a new Corvus mode game and picking the Mayorate as your starting faction, you get plopped in the middle of hyperspace, instead of next to Ilkhanna. It's not much work to fly there, but it's a little odd.

*edit - the system positions are solved.

And yeah, I wasn't able to find the source of that issue while I was testing Nexerelin.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:16:18 PM by kazi »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #335 on: December 11, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »

In data/config/exerelinFactionConfigs/mayorate.json, add a line "corvusCompatible":true

I probably ought to remove that check for the start position code, it already checks if the specified entity exists or not.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 11, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »

I copied the 64 bit java into the starsector files and it works fine now. now, i simply must fly that battlecruiser!

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 11, 2015, 07:03:27 PM »

what happened to the PPC?

IR Laser   PPC
fps152143
dps152214
range500500
op56

it didn't use to be like that, right?

Erm, I may have forgotten that I buffed it to account for the energy weapons nerf (ancient history now, but the old version didn't account for it), and then buffed it again. Oops.

I copied the 64 bit java into the starsector files and it works fine now. now, i simply must fly that battlecruiser!

Glad to hear things are working again (and mildly relieved the issues weren't my fault haha...)! The battlecruiser is currently my least favorite ship, and needs a new shipsystem. If you think of a good idea for one, let me know and I might end up coding it in!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a bit of a side note, my plan is to wait a week or two, then make another update that addresses people's feedback/criticisms. Let me know how you feel about things now, and I'll do my best to work your comments into the final update. Generally I try out most peoples comments, and then implement them if they improve things/play well.

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 11, 2015, 09:27:06 PM »

Interesting that the laserheads now resemble another scary signature weapon of the HH series, the graser torpedo. =) And good catch with the pirate rep reset if you accept a commission, Nemo's Youtube playthrough just hit another snag today where he joined Diable Avionics with no good way to increase his pirate rep.

I look forward to trying this out when I finally start a new game!

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 11, 2015, 10:15:21 PM »

The only thing that i can think of as being more battle-cruiser like than maneuvering jets, is a system that increases acceleration significantly and top speed slightly. sudden near instant acceleration would allow it to dodge things like reapers, and other bomber threats. Not exactly sure whether a medium cooldown or an ammo system with a long cooldown would be better. Though i would hate to be a crew member on a ship like that!

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 11, 2015, 11:48:49 PM »

AI crew hullmod is increasing crew requirement and max crew.

Spoiler
[close]

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #341 on: December 12, 2015, 12:10:07 AM »

All the percents on the AI crew hullmod are completely ***.

http://gfycat.com/CarefreeIncomparableCoypu

P.S. You might want to make the crew/engine penalties mults instead of percents so that you don't have a situation where if you get the Skeleton Crew perk, your ship has a crew of 0.  I also seriously suggest removing the top speed bonus.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:24:27 AM by Dark.Revenant »

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 12, 2015, 06:23:34 AM »

When I play Nexerelin with Mayorate, the Nexerelin self invade function seems to disappear (I have an image but not sure how to post it here). Under the chances stats, it says 'IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0' twice, and choice '1. Proceed' disappears.
I currently live in China and have *** internet but I did download Lazylib, Shaderlib, Mayorate and Nexerelin twice. Not sure if they are corrupted. Also using JAVA 8 64bit.
Edit:
Versions are:
Nexerelin 0.7d beta
Lazylib 2.1
Mayorate 0.9.0
Shaderlib 1.1.2
Starsector 0.7.1a-RC5

Can anyone else comfirm this?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:30:04 AM by valefore »

taerkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 12, 2015, 08:00:14 AM »

I'm getting the same error when I have Mayorate installed, Removing only Mayorate lets me invade normally.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 12, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »

@taerkar, valefore - After looking through Histidine's Nexerelin code a bit, it looks like a name conflict in rules.csv. Long story short, I wrote a bunch of code to support campaign-level missions and scripting for Starsector version 0.65a that I ended up deactivating for this update. The completed, working stuff (like free ships and diplomacy) got bundled into the "Consul" contacts that you can find in Mayorate market comm directories (I set this stuff to auto-disappear in Exerelin, so as to not give Mayorate players an unfair advantage).

The catch was that all of this backend I wrote for campaign scripting is still there, and Histidine and I actually wrote a lot of very similar stuff (there's a lot of common-sense stuff that Alex simply hasn't needed to add yet for vanilla, but is required to do lots of things that mods might want to do). In this case, the Nexerelin bug is caused by both Nexerelin and the Mayorate having a "HasMarines" rule. In this case, the Mayorate "HasMarines" rule is overriding Nexerelin's, and the Mayorate copy requires an extra argument (the numbers of Marines required by an event), which Nexerelin isn't supplying, hence the ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception. I'll see if I can get a fix out later tonight, as that would be kind of a frustrating issue to deal with.

@JohnDoe, Dark.Revenant - Looks like I need to take another look at the AI Crew hullmod- last time I worked on that was like 6 months ago, I must have incorrectly assumed it was done and working when finishing up the update.

@Adrius - That was the goal with the laserheads, I'm glad to see that people think I've reproduced em! And yeah, I spent a ton of time polishing off the vanilla campaign layer to try and catch all of the hidden "gotchas" in vanilla play with the Mayorate. The pirate rep forgiveness on Mayorate faction commission is one aspect of this.

Some other fun stories involving campaign balancing:
- You've probably noticed that the pirate market got replaced by independents in Rasht. The pirates kept ganking me and all of the independent traders while the Mayorate patrols just stood around and watched- it was so annoying that I had to get rid of their market.
- The Luddic Church market used to be a Luddic Path market. Unfortunately, the Mayorate fleets were a little too good at patrolling their own system, and wiped the floor with all of the Luddic Path who spawned, meaning that only the really big, super-fast Luddic Path fleets survived, leaving nothing for the player to fight (or otherwise absolutely destroyed the player with a fleet of 20+ frigates). I had to convert the market into a Luddic Church one and give it a military base so that the system didn't just become a Mayorate steamroll.
- The Mayorate are ungrateful bastards. They never spawned bounties, never appreciated it when you helped them out in a fight, and never spawned doable trade missions. In the current version, I had to set up a script to manually start system bounties every once in awhile so that there was actually a way to level up your Mayorate reputation to the point where you could get a commission.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33