Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: [0.95a] The Mayorate v1.1.0 (2021-11-25)  (Read 321139 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Mayorate v0.7 (updated 13/7/14)
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2014, 09:52:10 AM »

Works wonders for Blackrock. ;D

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2014, 12:49:09 PM »

Works wonders for Blackrock. ;D

Wait a sec . . . BRDY flux coils . . .

I'll never win against them again ;_;

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2014, 02:04:56 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

The revamped nukes + working normal/material maps are ridiculously good looking. And no longer OP (I think).

It should now be possible to dodge them (it's still pretty hard unless you're in a frigate), shoot them down (hint: don't use light PD mounts), OR HAVE THE AI ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF AOE (and raise shields)!!! They emit a moderately fast moving shockwave. The more of the shockwave that hits you, the more damage you take (larger ships and those with "thin" shield generators will take more damage. Repulsors will protect against the shockwave damage. They still retain a bit of their fighter/missile clearing ability, although it's been markedly reduced (and wont 1-shot several fighter wings at a time like it used to).

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2014, 04:05:39 AM »

Good stuff.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2014, 04:33:59 AM »

looks beautiful

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2014, 02:53:16 AM »

mmmm... update...

v0.7.1
Giving credit where it's due, the overwhelming majority of the changes this patch are by Dark.Revenant. I made the material maps and the majority of the "phase leap" system. Most, if not all, balance and code changes are by Dark.Revenant. The goal of this update was to balance things a bit more, add in the normal maps and material maps (you should notice a big graphical improvement), and just polish things in general.

This is likely to be the last "major" update before the next Starsector version drops (I'm guessing that will be ~1-1.5 months from now). My game plan going forward is to spend the majority of my time adding more ship systems and other fancy Java scripts until I feel the mechanics of this faction have been fleshed out enough. The "phase leap" system is a pretty good taste of what's to come (think lots of control effects, aoe, mobility systems). After that, more ships (frigates and capitals). And whatever else the next SS update will bring... ;)

Changelog:
Spoiler
-Now compatible with Dark.Revenant's Starsector+.
-Now compatible with LazyWizard's "Version checker" mod.
-Nukes revamped to not be a complete game ender. Although they still retain a small amount of instant AOE (200 frag damage), the majority of the damage is now based on arrival of a blast "shockwave." The AI now understands that AOE damage exists and will shield itself appropriately.
-Normal maps actually work now. My bad on the last update.
-Added material maps for all ships.
-New Cimeterre sprite.
-Added new "phase leap" ship system (mounted by the Cimeterre). I completely recreated the teleport code to make it so that this system teleports you in whichever direction you're facing, as opposed to direction you're traveling/where your mouse pointer is (how the vanilla teleports work). Anything you teleport through takes 500 energy damage. Very satisfying to use. The AI occasionally uses it to brutal effect.
-Rasht background image quality increased (it was a little grainy before because I was trying to skimp on mod size).
-All weapon sounds are now mono to better cooperate with the Starsector sound player. This should make everything quite a bit more immersive.
-Massive code overhaul and jar-ification.
-Weapon arcs cleaned up.
-Decreased OP of Phoenix IIs to 4.
-Laserhead ammo decreased to 20.
-Graser PD flux per second increased to 100.
-Light graser flux per second decreased to 126.
-Belial PPC OP increased to 13, spread decreased.
-Flux torpedo: moves faster, range lower, damage decreased.
-Graser: DPS decreased to 733, OP reduced to 20, flux reduced to 210, range boosted to 700.
-Light TPC (lilith main gun): increased flux/sec to 150.
-Lilith: repair cost increased to 70, CR recovery/day increased to 10%. Default variant loses 3 capacitors.
-Cimeterre: supplies/day increased to 5, repair increased to 180 (from 80), default variant loses insulated engine assembly (HINT: SHOOT ITS ENGINES!!!!!!)
-Foraker: supplies/day increased to 5, repair increased to 150
-Safir/Safir B: supplies/day increased to 1.5/2, repair cost increased to 100/120, crew cost increased.
-Del Azarchel: supplies/day increased to 10, repair cost increased to 500, CR recovery decreased to 3%/day
-Jamaran: Increased the repair cost to 450 from 275.
-Ravana: supplies/day increased to 18, repair cost increased to 1200.
-Inanna wings now use 1.5 supplies/day
-Raad wing: supplies/day decreased to 1.5, deployment cost increased to 7%
-Angha wing: deployment cost increased to 6%, now targets frigates
-Other changes I probably forgot to mention.
[close]

There is now a public Github repository at https://github.com/kazi11/mayorate. Feel free to submit a pull request if you feel you have something clever to add. You can also clone the repository if you want to always be playing the most up-to-date version of this mod. (I should warn you that I have been known to leave it in an instant CTD state overnight though... so perhaps use caution here.)

Download: v0.7.1
Full Version (20.9 Mb): http://www.mediafire.com/download/hp341blsewhv42b/mayorate-master.zip
No Music (5.1 Mb): http://www.mediafire.com/download/l6lbql2w7eacgdz/mayorate-no_music.zip

Note: I HIGHLY recommend updating to the most recent version of ShaderLib (1.7). Otherwise, you will probably encounter a very persistent NPE right in the middle of combat if you're using versions 1.66 and earlier (not fun). This is fixed by updating ShaderLib. Dooo it.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Mayorate v0.6 (updated 28/3/14)
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »

Just wanted to add another voice of praise to how excellent this mod is overall.  Great sprites, sounds, effects, etc.  I mostly play against it in UsS and don't think it's OP as some have stated.

Quoting myself as I'd just repeat what I said a while ago.  Great mod that is still getting better.  I still don't love flying any of your ships but I like fighting them well enough and a Rhast start is almost my favorite if I can get to the independents without loosing it all.  Top notch art for a non-professional (maybe you are though).  OK, so I'm repeating myself already.

Suggestion:  Massive ass kicking capital ship.  Maybe not well shielded or armored but with Onslaught kind of firepower and a Mayorate twist (whatever that is to you).  Hegemony is currently the most over the top enemy in Uss but I think the Mayorate is more fun, plus like the pirates (et al) you can't join them. 

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Mayorate v0.7.1 (updated 3/9/14)
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2014, 10:41:38 PM »

Hah thanks! I'm actually a neuroscientist- no formal art training over here :D

Were on the same page about future direction- I was going to depart from what other people have done with their capital ships so far. Right now, vanilla/mod capital ships are sort of something that aren't that fun to play with: they effortlessly steamroll virtually everything in a small radius around them, but outside of that, you can pretty much ignore them because they're too slow to be much of a presence on the map. I'm going for more of a "fleet in being" approach: something you can hold back away from the fighting and use to dominate several capture points at once, a massive force-multiplier if you will. It's going to really struggle if a capital or heavy cruiser manages to close with it, but will otherwise casually dismantle opponents from across the map. If you try to save it for last, you're going to lose a lot of ships. Should be interesting to balance...

Here's a concept I sketched up awhile back- the dark bits (and some of the red bits ;)) are tentative weapon mounts.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2014, 11:25:34 PM »

Rhast start is almost my favorite

Clearly masochist. :D

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2014, 10:26:05 AM »

. . . plus like the pirates (et al) you can't join them.  
Oh, but you can! :D

In the current release build of UsS, if you beeline for a Pirate, Mayorate, etc. base you can actually join them; however, you cannot interact with the Mayorate or Pirates in any way prior to reaching the station. That is, if you even touch a Mayorate or Pirate fleet (even if you flee) it won't work and you'll have to restart the game and try again.

Also, you cannot have joined any other faction prior to attempting to join the Mayorate or Pirates either, as that will also set your reputation to negative.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:29:49 AM by JDCollie »

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2014, 10:34:45 AM »

. . . plus like the pirates (et al) you can't join them.  
Oh, but you can! :D

In the current release build of UsS, if you beeline for a Pirate, Mayorate, etc. base you can actually join them; however, you cannot interact with the Mayorate or Pirates in any way prior to reaching the station. That is, if you even touch a Mayorate or Pirate fleet (even if you flee) it won't work and you'll have to restart the game and try again.

Also, you cannot have joined any other faction prior to attempting to join the Mayorate or Pirates either, as that will also set your reputation to negative.
JD is correct here,  ;)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »

Honestly it should get a little easier with the next update when we can specify relationships beyond just "love/hate/who are you anyways." Right now things are a little too binary for my tastes.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2014, 08:38:49 AM »

Heya, I'm new to the game and forum so forgive me if I ask some kind of silly question, even in this context.

I am playing Uomoz's Sector, and associated myself with the Mayorates to prevent them from killing me when I entered my first system.

I love the lore the creator wrote, and I'm impressed with the art and (some) music that he made for it! Awesome!

But I had one question. From the lore, it sounds like the Tri-Tachyon corp should be friendly to me, but they are not. How come?

Thanks!

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »

That is an excellent question. I have no control over the relationships in UsS at the moment, so you'd have to ask Uomoz. Regardless though, it should get fixed with the next Starsector update.

Glad you like my mod so far! I noticed you seem a bit ambivalent about some of the music tracks, which ones don't you like as much and why (so I can improve the tracks in question)?

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »

Hey again; by "some" I meant that I'd prefer to cherish the ones that you wrote, rather than the ones from Deus ex. I've never played the game so I would not recognize which were the ones added.

I hate to sound fan-boyish, but I spent a bit of time today on my drive home from class thinking about the Mayorate. It seems so original, and almost too original! I searched for the name on google to see if a government had ever called itself a mayorate, but this thread is the first return.

I'm so curious, where did you think of the name? The lore? What inspired you? I love to think about creating my own universes with politics, lore, etc, and I am just so impressed with what you've created.

edit - I saw your three tracks linked on the original post, and I have to say, they are really some of the tracks I love hear most in the compilation, and I've heard the same from friends who play the same mod pack as well. Steel Rain is popular- your right about how awesome those samples are!

If I had to give criticism, I'd say that Into the Black uses instruments (or samples) that I've just heard too many times, and it makes the track sound dated.

edit2! - Also saw elsewhere in the thread you had mentioned some of the inspiration. Sorry for asking repeat questions! I am very impressed!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:10:10 PM by TartarusMkII »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33