Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: [0.95a] The Mayorate v1.1.0 (2021-11-25)  (Read 320030 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] The Mayorate v0.41 (updated 5/1/14)
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »

The new Mayorate drone doesn't need crew.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:13 AM »

Hi!

The mod looks for the file 'l_kayser.wav', while it's called 'L_Kayser.wav'. Just a tiny miscapitalization that will cause issues on Linux.
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2014, 12:33:25 AM »

Nice catch! I'll get that fixed up for the next version. (Also, I could never get Starsector to even run on my dual-booting laptop, I'm kind of a moron when it comes to Linux. Been doing all my modding on Win 8, hence the reason that little bug slipped by me.)

Garmine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:08 AM »

Nice catch! I'll get that fixed up for the next version. (Also, I could never get Starsector to even run on my dual-booting laptop, I'm kind of a moron when it comes to Linux. Been doing all my modding on Win 8, hence the reason that little bug slipped by me.)

Thanks! :)

I had loads of trouble getting StarSector to run as well, I managed to solve it by installing the Sun JRE/JDK (version 7, 64 bit) on a system level, pointing the alternative to it, modifying the launch script to use java, and manually updating the LWJGL natives to the very latest version (only on StarSector's copy).

So, if you have some free time to experiment this may work for you too... :)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2014, 02:33:49 AM »

@Garmine - Hah, typical linux problem. Even the easy stuff seems to be 5 steps or more. I'll give it a try if I get some free time soon, but for some reason I recall that Intel still hasn't updated my graphics drivers to be compatible with the latest Ubuntu dist. I'll give it a try, but it might be a lost cause for the moment until that gets patched.  :-\

Anyhow, I thought I would check in and let you all know I'm still alive. Here's a new strike destroyer I'm putting together for the next update. Still very much a WIP!

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2014, 04:12:04 AM »

that looks seriously cool, kazi! I've always been a fan of your ships, especially the way you take them from a 3D render to a 2D sprite. It just makes them look so much more 3D than other ships.
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

Garmine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2014, 06:38:51 AM »

@kazi - ah, GPU drivers under Linux yay!

Actually, I never had any serious problem with Linux except for the idiotic AMD GPU driver. I can feel your pain :(
(Oh, and with StarSector, but I guess that's some OpenJDK + AMD thing)

At first I didn't quite like your style (the old-old ships), but the new ones you've been doing/improving look quite good. :)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 12:03:36 AM »

Okay, still chugging slowly along towards the next update. Here's a finalized destroyer sprite, the new Cimeterre-class.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:22:44 PM by kazi »

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 02:47:22 AM »

that looks pretty awesome, kazi! I'm liking these sprites more and more!
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2014, 01:44:04 AM »

Ok. Finally done. Update. Yay!!!!

Full Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/225bj007u5iosjt/Mayorate_v0.5.rar
No Music: http://www.mediafire.com/download/59hbv55m2dndpqo/Mayorate_v0.5_nomusic.rar

Changes:
-Added the Cimeterre-class. It's a strike destroyer with medium survivability. Poses a major threat to cruisers/destroyers and otherwise blows the snot out of pretty much anything with its shields down.
-Added the Sprint Drive subsystem. Provides massive forwards acceleration for about a second. Built into the Cimeterre.
-Redid the Thermal Lance a bit. Built into the Cimeterre.
-Reduced ammo capacity of Windstalker MRM by 33%.
-Added balance changes for 0.62a (repair and deployment costs changed for all ships).
-Improved Ravana and Del Azarchel sprites.
-Wrote a new battle music track. It's pretty badass. You can listen to/download it here: https://soundcloud.com/kazi11/steel-rain
-Removed one of the old battle music tracks.
-Wrote a new ambient music track. The tuning issues from the earlier WIP I posted here have been fixed. You can listen to/download it here: https://soundcloud.com/kazi11/into-the-black
-Both mod ambient tracks now shuffle with the vanilla music (For the math-disinclined, this means you have 3 ambient tracks).
-Massive overhaul of mod internal ID's and folder structure. Most mod-specific files (.hull/.variant/.wpn/some .pngs) now sport mod-specific prefixes.
-Changed shiplist for the "Treachery!" mission. It's now moderately hard-ish (it used to be I was just testing ships there and throwing new ones in until you could beat it in your sleep).
-Added "System Defense Fleet" mission. I know most people don't play missions that much anymore, but this one is REALLY FUN. It gives you a fairly huge Mayorate fleet and puts you up against the entire Hegemony System Defense Fleet from the campaign. Boom.
-Various minor bugfixes (Thanks to Garmine and others!).

=========================================================================
THIS VERSION BREAKS SAVEGAMES. Sorry.

THIS VERSION BREAKS DEFAULT EXERELIN INTEGRATION. You'll need to do a bit of minor tweaking to get it to work again (very easy!). You can fix it by copy-pasting the mayorate.faction file from the Mayorate's /data/world/factions folder into Exerelin's /data/world/factions folder (overwrite the .faction file there). I haven't checked to make sure this works yet, will post back here once I do. This should work (emphasis on "should").
=========================================================================

First of all, want to thank everyone for playing this mod and putting up with the long break between updates. I know everyone probably isn't a fan of me breaking their savegames and Exerelin integration (caused by me shuffling files around/renaming things), but it will work wonders for mod compatibility/interactions (and my sanity) in the long run. To summarize the major changes in this patch: new ship/new music/mod compatibility improvements. The new Sprint Drive subsystem is a bit of a placeholder (loosely-based off of Cycerin's Burst Maneuvering Jets) until I find someone talented/helpful enough to code what I'm looking for. Although there aren't as many gameplay changes/additions as in previous patches, a not-insignificant amount of time went into writing the new music tracks and internal improvements to mod structure and IDs (and associated bugstomping). For the next update, I plan to continue to focus on making more small ships and a wider variety of weapons for you to toy around with. If you have good ideas for new stuff (and it fits in/seems doable), post here and I'll consider adding it in. Also post if you notice any bugs/crashes (so I can fix them). The 0.41 version of this mod is now bundled into the Uomoz's Sector compilation. It's pretty fun, and I anticipate he'll get it working with 0.5 pretty quickly, so stay tuned. The number of downloads I got for 0.41 makes me pretty happy, glad you guys are enjoying what I've been putting out so far! Anyhow, enjoy!

Here's a gif of the Del Azarchel bein' awesome. (This is how you use the fast missile racks system, if anyone was wondering...  :D)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Mayorate v0.5 (updated 3/2/14)
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »

You can bet I will update UsS :)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2014, 05:16:42 PM »

Learned a few new things while playing around with some of the vanilla sprites. Did a quick touch up of some of mine.

Spoiler
New/Old

[close]

Dezztroy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2014, 05:00:03 AM »

Great mod, I love the aesthetics.

Question, is the battle1 music track from somewhere else? It sounds very familiar and now I can't get it out of my head.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2014, 08:44:27 PM »

Heh glad you like it (the mod and the song)!

Here is the current tracklist. I gave everything generic names so that the soundtrack would be easy for players to tinker around with and replace (simply overwrite the songs there with another .ogg of the same name- may need to turn the volume down a bit for each track though...).

Battle 1 - Imperitum - Immediate Music (I took the version included in the Blue Planet mod for FS2 since I liked it so much)
Battle 2 - Steel Rain - me! (Pretty happy with the way this one turned out.)
Battle 3 - Picus Restricted Stress - Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack
Ambient 1 - Picus Restricted Ambient + Tai Yong Medical Penthouse Ambient (I stitched them together)- Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack
Ambient 2 - Into the Black - me again!

The copyrighted stuff is mostly a placeholder. One of my goals is to eventually compose a semi-complete soundtrack at some point. I've found it's been a pretty good exercise to do a project like this, usually I have trouble staying focused otherwise. Additionally, if you have any suggestions/ciriticisms/complaints or want certain types of music to appear in the future, lets hear it! I'm open to ideas and always looking to improve things.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2014, 08:33:47 PM »

Buying a tablet appears to have been my best purchase in years, hands-down. Here's my third portrait (we're not going to talk about the second  :-[). Been cheating a bit by tracing over stock photos I find over the internet for the lineart, but the shading/color is all me.

I'm a little blown away by the amount of improvement just from my first portrait (right) to my third one (left). Turns out that I was having some issue involving the pressure sensitivity curve the first time around (which messed up the line art quite a bit). Fixed that now. Gonna give him some clothes next time I sit down to make more art.
Spoiler
[close]

Update on the actual mod- made a lot of new art assets and fun stuff like that, just none of it's actually in-game yet. Mostly just need to sit down and start cranking out weapons.

*edit- added clothes
*later edit -spoilered
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:15:34 AM by kazi »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33