Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: [0.95a] The Mayorate v1.1.0 (2021-11-25)  (Read 319952 times)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] The Mayorate v0.9.1 (updated 13/12/15)
« Reply #405 on: April 25, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »

Alright, I'll make a push to update things this weekend.  ;)

*EDIT - let me know if there's any key things you want to see beyond raw 0.7.2 compatibility and the fixes needed for my last update (no new art- that stuff really slows me down).

Your mod is worth having without the super update, that would only make it x10 better.
If your able, could you put it to .72rc3?

Either way, THANKS for a great mod, and all the work you have put in.

Wish granted... update!

This is mostly a raw compatibility update with a few quality-of-life fixes here and there. Let me know if something sucks. Work continues slowly on classified projects.

Version 0.9.2 changelog:
-Mayorate fleets are no longer hostile to unlisted factions (so they won't jump on your bounties)
-I think I've fixed the main menu crash bug. Let me know if this is a no.
-Light TPC flux cost decreased by 33%.
-Removed built-in stabilized shields hullmod and decreased shield upkeep by half to compensate for all non-fighter ships.
-Mayorate consul and related features now present in Nexerelin. They should expand automatically to the planets you conquer, and disappear if control of the planet is lost.
-compiled against JDK7
-0.7.2 compatibility

Download link: https://github.com/kazi11/mayorate/releases/tag/0.9.2

Abyz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] The Mayorate v0.9.2 (updated 25/04/16)
« Reply #406 on: April 25, 2016, 07:58:35 PM »

Yesssssssssssssss, thnx!

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 28, 2016, 02:21:56 AM »

Heya, sorry for the trouble, but after installing your mod I've found a weird issue.

It started with just Shahrazad Contreras but after I talked to her it added Quinn Pollard. Repeat one by one till I had five of them, haha. This was at the start of a very new game using the 'own faction' option with the Corvus system enabled in Nexerelin, if that'd help you narrow it down? It doesn't happen with Mayorate disabled so I'm guessing some wires are crossed somewhere?

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 28, 2016, 09:17:22 AM »

...with the Corvus system enabled in Nexerelin, if that'd help you narrow it down?

I'm pretty sure Mayorate isn't compatible with Corvus Mode in Nexerelin.

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 28, 2016, 01:35:59 PM »

Oh, well, that'd explain that then, welp.

Abyz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 28, 2016, 01:43:38 PM »

I just ignore the weird Npcs on the list! :D

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 28, 2016, 03:55:32 PM »

...with the Corvus system enabled in Nexerelin, if that'd help you narrow it down?

I'm pretty sure Mayorate isn't compatible with Corvus Mode in Nexerelin.

No the Mayorate is definitely compatible with Corvus mode. That's how I was testing Nexerelin support. Also let me look into that bug there- it's likely introduced by a last-second change I added into the consul Exerelin spawn script (oops).

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 28, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »

Ok, fixed. Reinstall the mod from the download page and things will work properly. It won't erase the weird people from existing games but it will ensure no more get created (and also means the bug is gone in new Nexerelin playthroughs).

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2016, 12:36:02 AM »

Oh, okay! Thanks a ton.

Ratheden

• Lieutenant
  • Slaughter cannot be spelled without Laughter.
    • View Profile

19_30s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 02, 2016, 10:09:41 PM »

Hi,the author,good work.I have delivered your mod for foreign players.
However,there are some strange errors when activating new game with the mod.
They the errors appear between different Starsector players,but the errors haven't appeared between other players.
So it's strange and hard to finger out whether it will be Mayorate's or something.
Here is the screenshots.

Ratheden

• Lieutenant
  • Slaughter cannot be spelled without Laughter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 06, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »

I have been playing with mayorate of late, and LOVE the interactions of the main menu, the ability to get re-enforcements at a cost, the in game back story.  Awesome stuff.

Saved me, it did once, was able to get a quick few ships at the cost of a few prisioners.  Love what your doing.

Ratheden

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 06, 2016, 05:35:30 PM »

I have been playing with mayorate of late, and LOVE the interactions of the main menu, the ability to get re-enforcements at a cost, the in game back story.  Awesome stuff.

Saved me, it did once, was able to get a quick few ships at the cost of a few prisioners.  Love what your doing.

Ratheden

Heh, yeah I added that back in 0.65 because I thought that factions weren't appreciative enough for the stuff you did for them or feel very "faction-y". I mean, why spend all the time to have different factions in Starsector if you can't interact with them aside from fighting them or gaining access to inventory? So I went ahead and tried to fix all of my gripes by adding that dialogue and little helpful bits in. Also, it's a little known fact that if you accept a Mayorate commission, they'll do a one-time reset of your relations with the Pirates for you to "inhospitable" (it pops up as a news item). I put that bit in to avoid the otherwise unavoidable rep decay for being hostile to the Pirates back in 0.65a (your rep would rapidly degrade if you were hostile to a faction that wasn't one of your commission faction's enemies).

The consulate menu also used to include the beginnings of a couple story missions you could start. Might add those back in when I get around to release another update. Perhaps something like you have to do a bunch of favors/set of scripted tasks like taking over a planet before those Mayorate peeps will sell you their new capital ship or whatnot? Gotta finish up that new capital ship first though...  :P

@19_30s - Thanks for porting my mod! I'll look into the error. At the moment, my best guess is that the error is either a bug in vanilla or caused by running out of memory/video memory. My mod doesn't contain any code dealing directly with OpenGL (especially on the campaign map), so those seem like the two most likely scenarios. The only mod that deals with OpenGL is GraphicsLib, but to my knowledge, that does not act in the campaign layer and is unlikely to be the issue (you can test this by changing "enableShaders" to "false" in GraphicsLib's GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #418 on: June 21, 2016, 05:06:53 AM »

Some oddities I noticed:

• Planetary AI Core consumes about 2.5 times as many metals as rare metals. Since Ore Refining Complex produces about 20x as much metal as rare metal (and most things consume it at the same ratio), this means Mayorate planets are using up a disproportionate amount of rare metal.
    I did the math and the effect shouldn't be that significant, but I still suspect this is at least contributing to the elevated rare metal prices in my Corvus mode game (350-900/unit being typical), in turn leading to runaway inflation for supplies and fuel (they were at about 150 and 60 credits each at the start of the game; after 2.5 cycles they climbed to 250 and 150).

On the other hand this may just be because something was totally broken (see below).
  • Rare metal buy and sell prices on Ilkhanna and Inir (which had been conquered by the Diktat) were both zero. Couldn't reproduce with a clean new game (no Nexerelin, no other faction mods, no DynaSector or SS+) though.
  • The asteroid belts in Rasht overlap with the dust rings for double stationary hiding bonus. Except for the outermost belt, which is also misaligned with its background dust ring

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 22, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »

The asteroid belts in Rasht overlap with the dust rings for double stationary hiding bonus.

It's not too odd, vanilla does the same thing in the Magec system.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33