Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Let us reassign "Strafe and turn to cursor" controls  (Read 2619 times)

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
Let us reassign "Strafe and turn to cursor" controls
« on: October 31, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 02:12:33 PM by Network Pesci »

Obscure

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Let us reassign "Strafe and turn to cursor" controls
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »

seconded

also, please add the ability to change the shift key to a "toggle" function as an option. sometimes holding shift gets tiring.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »

seconded

also, please add the ability to change the shift key to a "toggle" function as an option. sometimes holding shift gets tiring.

WHY has this not been done already???????????????????? ::)

Obscure

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:59:29 AM »

because our dear developer has bigger fish to fry!

come on, Alex, get to it!

drdragoon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 03:45:46 PM »

Can we please return "strafe/turn to cursor" to their proper key assignments, please? I don't want a toggle. I don't want it to always be on. Allowing me to strafe left/right, separately, while turning to cursor allowed for much better piloting. You can point left while strafing right, or point right while strafing right, and accomplish two completely different maneuvers. I never have to use the turn keys, as long as I'm able to control the direction I'm strafing WITHOUT it always being on.

Please stop taking away functionality. Return the keys and provide a toggle option which overrides them, or allow us three combinations of keys: turn left/right, strafe left/right, strafe left/right to cursor.

I cannot play the game, anymore, because my method of piloting depends on separate left/right to cursor keys. Why? Because I manually target my turrets, to hit smaller ships, and cannot do that and still fly when toggle is on. But I always want to be able to immediately strafe to cursor WITHOUT a toggle/holding down a key. I can't do that, now, because it completely screws up what should be simple flying.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:48:25 PM by drdragoon »

Dr.Noid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 01:02:42 AM »

When not using "turn to cursor" you can strafe left-right using q & e.
When using "turn to cursor" those strafe buttons move to a & d.

Personally I'd be happy if a & d always strafe, and q & e turn when not using "turn to cursor". That would be more consistent.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »

seconded

WHY has this not been done already???????????????????? ::)

Could be wrong here, but I think this issue is fixed for Macs and Alex develops on a Mac. If this is true, I don't think he realizes how big of a quality-of-life issue this is for the rest of us.