Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ship Capture in Ironclads help  (Read 6275 times)

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Capture in Ironclads help
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 01:25:23 PM »

I know you're not evil, and I understand why it is where it is, and i'm not asking you to change your mod, just because of my unusual request, and you don't have to explain yourself, after all its your mod and you can do what you like with it, and don't have to twist and turn, wriggle and squirm just because I ask something, as its very apparent from the board game your making, this project, and the several other mods you have done and that are on the backburner, that you're very busy with other things

And also: what Giangiotto said

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »

Well, i don`t know what the structure of the jar is and how messed up it is, but you should look for IroncladsFleetInteraction file. There are some checks inside it that cover the AI, Aliens and Rock Fly boarding restrictions.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 02:09:18 PM »

Thank you! Ill see if that works thanks

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »

Ive found several ironcladsfleetinteraction files, but they all have DialogPluginImpl after the starting part. Am I looking in the right place? + I still have no idea even if they are the right file/files what to do now.

edit: e.g the files are called IroncladsFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.class ect
Is this what you meant?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:48:23 PM by Farlarzia »

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »

Im officially stumped. I found it alright, now, I just have no idea what I'm doing, which is a shame
Yet again im going to ask for help.
Help me!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:37:41 PM by Farlarzia »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »

Sorry, that is all help i can give you with messing with compiled Jars...

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 04:54:53 AM »

Okim

Help me!

Also i've found the code in question, but as I said before, i'm still stuck and don't know what to do next
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:38:06 PM by Farlarzia »

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »

If you've decompiled it, you just need to search for the relevant Factions, most likely there's a simple check there that can be disabled easily.  Then you need to re-compile the JAR.

FYI, Alex released a no-JAR-required DialogInteractionPlugin; if you want to just write a custom implementation and you know your Java, it's probably pretty reasonable to port it over to a Janino-friendly format, using the example as a guide. 

I really wish I had time to fix your specific issue but I'm a little busy; if this is your first dive into Java and you're not up on using an IDE to compile a JAR, this isn't going to be much fun, because you have a learning-cliff you need to climb here.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2013, 04:13:07 AM »

If I knew my java, and knew what I was doing I wouldn't be here!
I've already found the code in question , just stumped to actually do now. Im not familir with the software or how any of it meant to work, so im screwed

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2013, 05:52:58 AM »

If I knew my java, and knew what I was doing I wouldn't be here!
I've already found the code in question , just stumped to actually do now. Im not familir with the software or how any of it meant to work, so im screwed
Darloth posted a brief tutorial on how to set up IntelliJ IDEA (for pre-compiling .java files into .class, among others) here:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6809.0

Problem is, the initial setup process is fairly complicated, and not 100% tailored to your specific needs, but it's a starting point at least.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »

Hey Okim, looking at your responses, it seems clear that you're not actually trying to be closed-source, it's just that you need to use a *.jar in order for your dialog code to work with the game;

If I may, I'd like to point out that it is entirely possible to publish the *.java files within the jar itself, in order to make the code more understandable; also, one can simply *.zip the source files and package that along with the mod; and finally, one can simply include the src/* directory alongside the jar, but at a deeper directory so that the game doesn't try to compile them. All of these things would allow people to inspect your code as it was written, but at the same time allow the game to load the mod fully with no problems.

If I'm completely off the mark here, ignore this, but it seemed like you just weren't aware of / hadn't thought of this; decompiling Jars really shouldn't be necessary.
Pages: 1 [2]