Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ship Capture in Ironclads help  (Read 6274 times)

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
Ship Capture in Ironclads help
« on: October 23, 2013, 03:51:10 PM »

I would very much like some help editing ironclads, to allow myself, and others if they want, to be able to capture AI, and Alien, and rockfly ships, and have been having trouble finding what I need to  do so myself. Any Help with this would be greatly appreciated

So far I have found the rough whereabouts of where this information would be held, but dont know im going from there
Ill post the File I believe its somewhere to be found in below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ivxsvtbogmgl1d/IroncladsDialogs.jar

If you want to help, Ill be happy to assist you with anything you need to the best of my ability
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:57:15 AM by Farlarzia »

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Ironclads help
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:54:39 AM »

After doing some more searching, without real any idea what IM actually searching for, surprise surprise, I still have no results, and this is probably a fruitless endeavour, but if anyone could maybe, possible, spread some light on what I can do, I would greatly appreciate it 

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Ironclads help
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:07:46 AM »

After doing some more searching, without real any idea what IM actually searching for, surprise surprise, I still have no results, and this is probably a fruitless endeavour, but if anyone could maybe, possible, spread some light on what I can do, I would greatly appreciate it  
Quite frankly, the single biggest hurdle is finding a reliable .class file de-compiler; once that issue is overcome, minor tweaks are possible*, assuming that the resulting de-compiled .java file can be re-compiled 'on-the-fly' with Starsector's included Janino.

Otherwise, that means installing a Java v6 compatible Integrated Development Environment such as NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, and so on, to pre-compile those particularly annoying .java files into .class files, and added into a .jar file as necessary.

* - not implying that such tweaks will be simple or straight-forward to make in the slightest.

Addendum: For the record, I've already requested in Okim's official thread for a potential release of the relevant .java source files, and he's declined/refused to do so at any point in the future. Such is his prerogative as the mod's creator, of course.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:17:01 AM by TimeDiver »

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Capture in Ironclads help
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:11:58 AM »

I understand this as I have trouble finding a good decompiler, could you recommend one perhaps, along with a recompiler? Ive talked to Okim about help with editing it for my desired results, and he said I should look for assistance here, but I don't really know what i'm doing.
Anyway thanks for the help, and any more help would be greatly appreciated

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »

Damn, i feel sooo evil! ; 8)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »

You ARE evil. =(

Giangiotto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »

Did the decompiler I showed you not work?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »

Not sure if this is what you want, but in the vanilla setting config file ( Fractal Softworks/Starsector/starsector-core/data/config )

"baseShipRepairChance":20,

You could edit that to a higher number, making ships allowed to be boarded more often, doesn't change the chance of if you actually succeed though.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »

FlashFrozen, the mod has a special piece of code hidden in it that prevents Alien, AI and Rockfly ships from being boarded, and I have already tested that method, but thank you anyway, and yes Giangiotto it does work and I had already used it, but that doesn't change the fact I don't know what im actually looking for, and, and previously mentioned, dont know what i'm doing even if I do find it, and even if I do both of them, Ill still need to recompile it as previously said
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:06:50 PM by Farlarzia »

Giangiotto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »

I understand this as I have trouble finding a good decompiler, could you recommend one perhaps
You are the one who said that a couple posts earlier, no?

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 12:29:04 PM »

yeah, I guess I did, but looking upon it I realise I misspoke, sorry about that  :'(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:30:00 PM by Farlarzia »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 01:00:29 PM »

lol eh... I think I've found what your talking about.... but now idk if it's okay for me to say it :P

Okim being somewhat sneaky :P

But it seems simple to disable.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »

Im sure its fine, as he told me to go looking for help with my problem, but if you want to double check, then thats fine

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 01:13:10 PM »

I have no problem with you trying to get what you want. I just can`t help you with that.

All dialogue options and everything that is connected with it have to be put in JAR or it wont work. So that`s why  you have all the troubles with getting access to it - not just because i`m that evil ;)

Putting something out of JAR means cutting it out of the mod entirely and that`s not what i want. Making two working versions of the mod WITH and WITHOUT that boarding chances data means a lot of things to keep in mind and on on HD. That`s too much trouble for me and will eat up a lot of time which i prefer to use on something more useful.

Sorry ;)

Giangiotto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »

Pretty sure he just wanted you to point him to the right file so he doesn't have to skim through a couple hundred.
Pages: [1] 2