Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 215316 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6.2a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2014, 08:35:37 PM »

This looks strange to me...

Is there a reason CampaignFleetAIAPI.performCrashMothballingPriorToEscape takes in a FleetEncounterContext object rather than a FleetEncounterContextPlugin object?

It is the only method of CampaignFleetAIAPI that takes in the implementation class rather than the interface, and I think it means that any usage of CampaignFleetAIAPI.performCrashMothballingPriorToEscape has to take in Vanilla StarSector FleetEncounterContext rather than one provided by a mod.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42:24 PM »

Instead of having help messages pop out even if the player is tired of them, could it be possible to add a small UI button that could flash/make itself noticable when a new help message has turned relevant, and clicking it would bring the next message up?

Hmm, yeah, that might work. Had something similar in mind for other messages; will take a look at it then.

Is there a reason CampaignFleetAIAPI.performCrashMothballingPriorToEscape takes in a FleetEncounterContext object rather than a FleetEncounterContextPlugin object?

It is the only method of CampaignFleetAIAPI that takes in the implementation class rather than the interface, and I think it means that any usage of CampaignFleetAIAPI.performCrashMothballingPriorToEscape has to take in Vanilla StarSector FleetEncounterContext rather than one provided by a mod.

Oops, mixup on my part - thanks for catching that. The good news is that method doesn't use the context parameter at all (and you could safely pass in null), but I'll fix it up for tomorrow's hotfix anyway.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2014, 08:48:44 PM »

Oops, mixup on my part - thanks for catching that. The good news is that method doesn't use the context parameter at all (and you could safely pass in null), but I'll fix it up for tomorrow's hotfix anyway.

Haha really? Cool, null it is (till tomorrow). Thanks! :)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »

Running no mods. Constantly getting Fatal: # errors and I can't figure out why.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »

Verrius: Post the last bunch of lines of the starsector.log file. It may be a reported bug or something different, but we can't tell without them. :)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2014, 09:29:56 PM »

Yeah, I know better. Just moody as heck right now.

Code
869725 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
889559 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.updateFromAutoresolveData(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.oooO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.ôÒO000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.super.float$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This is it. Happens seemingly randomly. First save it happened after about 20 minutes, second one was within 5, shortly after buying my Heron. The number so far has been 0, 1, or 3 for the out of bounds exception.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2014, 10:00:49 PM »

Yeah, I know better. Just moody as heck right now.

Code
869725 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
889559 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.updateFromAutoresolveData(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.ôÒO000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)

This is it. Happens seemingly randomly. First save it happened after about 20 minutes, second one was within 5, shortly after buying my Heron. The number so far has been 0, 1, or 3 for the out of bounds exception.
Looks like you got something similar to mine
Oh and by the way Alex, Crash Mothball does NOT work for the most part. Controls are locked but it doesn't protect me from Crit Malfunctions, nor does it shut off my guns.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »

Just a wild guess, but i think that the current version might need to completelly remove the original folder before installation to avoid crashes.

IIRC previous updates did that automatically. This one does not. I may be wrong here...

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2014, 11:26:45 PM »

I think it would be nice if Starsector installed different versions in their own folder, allowing people to play previous versions with legacy mods. A nice to have, should really be placed in suggestions thread...

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2014, 12:09:23 AM »

Tried out Vanilla for a little bit.

1.  Agree that Cerebus lacks toughness; it has a halfway-decent bite, but it's just not cutting it; 200-300 more Armor is probably enough to make it vaguely viable.
2.  Racked up $400K in 2 hours, no Supply issues, on full damage.  Had nothing to spend it on, as there just wasn't much point until it was time to buy a serious fleet and end-game.  If people are still complaining that they can't make money, they are totally doing it wrong.
3.  Flux Shunt can't be obtained in the Campaign, which is too bad, since it would make a lot of smaller ships considerably more viable (and the Paragon a terrifying tank, but if you can afford a Paragon in the first place, the game is over anyhow).  
4.  The Heron is fun.
5.  Hermes would be a lot more fun with the rear mount on a 360; it can't do enough PD to be worth using atm and it's neither fast enough to be a valid interceptor (or just flat-out run away) nor is it quite potent enough to be a real combatant, even in player hands.  That other shuttle remains terrible; now it has three things that drain its very limited Flux, which is not an improvement, given that it neither has the speed to ever Vent safely nor the ability to take any damage at all.  At best it's a throw-away missile boat or storage box that could be thrown into battle by the truly desperate, but it's never worth buying.
6.  Level grind is sooooo sloooooooooooow.  I'd forgotten just how slow.  Meh, I got bored and rich before even capping one Aptitude.
7.  "The Ultimate challenge" test-thing is actually kind of fun (took me six tries to even get to battle with my lamed shuttle).
8.  The Monitor is cute, but it's almost like a tease; if we don't have double Vents, it's pretty useless... if we have that and the Combat capstone, it's a moderately useful ship, but by then, we won't want to bother with it.  It's cute but honestly, I'm not sure it's ever really worth it unless you're late-game and you just want a Frigate that's very nearly invulnerable... to a few other Frigates, or a Cruiser if you're one on one and it doesn't have quite enough firepower and you feel like slowly bashing it to death with your shield.  

It's kind of a solution in search of a problem, tbh, and the AI doesn't use it well.  Flux Shunts would make a great capstone for the Tech / Capacity upgrade path, though; I never ever take that otherwise, since Capacity just increases Vent time, and it'd be nice to have something so genuinely useful that it'd be tempting.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:44 AM »

making money in the game was never hard, but for some people, everything is hard and they can't be helped anyway, what ship were you using to kill the cerberus? because the hound (starting variant) has major problems tackling this thing, the mauler completely shuts you down, you cannot get close to it, perhaps i haven't figured out the strategy yet, who knows?

Haven't had the chance to fly any of the new ships myself, looking forward to that, haven't had any crashes either, which is nice. =D

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2014, 12:47:49 AM »

what ship were you using to kill the cerberus?
Wolf with AMB.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2014, 05:34:23 AM »

Got a null error as well. I have no idea if it is from the same thing as the others. I have lazylib 1.7, radar, and Better shield control (mousewheel one).
Got the null on creating a new game.

Spoiler
69734 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/buffalo_dd.png (using cast)
69734 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
69750 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 157.22 MB of texture data so far
69750 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/atlas_af.png (using cast)
69843 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/combat_radar.json]
69843 [Thread-5] INFO  org.lazywizard.radar.CombatRadarPlugin  - Radar toggle key set to K (37)
69843 [Thread-5] INFO  org.lazywizard.radar.CombatRadarPlugin  - Radar range set to 2250.0 su
69843 [Thread-5] INFO  org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib  - Running LazyLib v1.7 for Starsector 0.6.1a
69843 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [lazylib_settings.json]
69843 [Thread-5] INFO  org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib  - Setting log level to ERROR
69875 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id flarelauncher_fighter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
69875 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id traveldrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
69875 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id inferniuminjector_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
69890 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id skimmer_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
69890 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
69890 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 157.22 MB of texture data so far
69890 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/particlealpha32sq.png (using cast)
70218 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
191953 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_Wedge_8856606972333420659...
193968 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
194047 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.isEntityInPlay(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.plugins.ShieldTogglePlugin.advance(ShieldTogglePlugin.java:25)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.C.o0oO$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.OoOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.super(Unknown Source)
[close]

Edit: I forgot to mention i manually uninstalled the last version first.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:35:54 AM by CopperCoyote »
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2014, 06:51:57 AM »

I created a bug report topic (ya lazy gits) on the crash when it happened to me. Okim seems to be right in that I deleted the entire StarSector install folder, reinstalled, and haven't had issues since.

I didn't try to load my save from when the crash was happening, but whatever was causing the crash in the broken install was happening constantly a certain amount of time after reloading. Hopefully people's save files aren't dead.

EDIT: Nope. Crash came back.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:21:54 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2014, 08:29:58 AM »

Has there always been two ways of getting front shield emitter?
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23