Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: UI: Static effect persists in map screen, just after a jump to/from hyperspace.  (Read 1442 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

As per description; if you go to the map immediately after jumping to/from hyperspace, the static effect (presumably from the transition animation?) won't fade until you leave the map.  Relatively minor bug - there's no functional issue - but kinda annoying to look at.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm. That's actually intentional; otherwise pausing at the wrong time during the transition plays out the whole UI noise sequence and it doesn't occur during the moment of the transition, when it's actually supposed to. I could see either way being ok, I think.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Could you turn the static off while the map is active, then?  Staring at static while trying to pick out which pirate fleet in-system I want to go chasing is kinda hard on the eyes - not to the point of making me go "OMG this is horrible", but enough that I'd rather close the map and wait a moment rather than staring at it.  And, opening the map immediately after a transition (to set destination, or look at what's in-system) is a fairly common use-case - which means this comes up for me a fair bit.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Kind of along the same lines, in battles, if an enemy ship dies the bright white death-splosion blanks out everything even tab page, i mean the brightness disables player interaction with the game for 2-3 seconds, you can't even see incoming missiles, (but AI can so at least if you have pd they'll work, but imagine in a hound, you can't time flares or see where to maneuver)

I think it bothers me in the sense, only the player is affected by some of these like when you jump in a map, the npcs can react but you have to wait a bit to 'gather your senses' as well as in battles.