Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is the best Hyperion loadout?  (Read 11310 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best Hyperion loadout?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 02:44:47 AM »

Hyperion never needs to turn, just warp and it will automatically turn to face the enemy.

I also found putting ion cannons on the turrets gives you great mileage, mostly because the ion cannons disable fighter engine in pursuit battle, but also to completely shut down those cruisers with fixed forward shields.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:51:01 AM by goduranus »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 06:16:15 AM »

Hyperion is all about twitch teleporting.  If a player is good at playing difficult arcade-like shm'ups, piloting a Hyperion or Tempest should be relatively easy.

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 06:35:52 AM »

that still dose not change the fact that a hyperion is basicaly a really overpriced wolf-class, with worse stats...

a lone wolf can kill a hyperion taking absolutley no damage(using sabots)... (lol pun)
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 06:58:46 AM »

Extended and accelerated shields for instant perfect protection after a teleport are a must. Offensive weaponry depends completely on the intended role.
The Hyperion can play its strengths best in a "teleport in - strike - teleport out" configuration against capital ships with limited shield arc. So for that purpose, I'd go with Reapers and AM-blasters.
If smaller ships like destroyers and frigates are on the menu, Heavy Blasters are preferable. Asymmetric configurations with one blaster and one support weapon work best, in my experience.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:05:34 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 07:40:31 AM »

Because they fire instantly, blasters will wreck phase ships with ease, if the player can time his shots as the enemy uncloaks.

If Hyperion will be sent to capture points, pursue enemies, or solo an entire fleet, it must have some way of neutralizing fighters.  Blasters only would have been okay before the advent of CR, but now, it needs something more efficient.
Pages: 1 [2]