Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about this game  (Read 1655 times)

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Question about this game
« on: October 12, 2013, 06:56:18 AM »

Got some crappy time to go back to this crappy game again, so have some crappy questions. Now i read the blog post about CR, but my crappy brain cannot understand it very good.

So here are the crappy questions:

1-can i see in combat,  info how much CR is lost on fighter when they are replenished from the carrier, or how much fighters i can replenish?
2-do all fighters lose same amount of CR when destroyed during combat?
3-do bonuses of my character skills affect fighters also (the tactic ones)?
4-trying to go full fighter/carrier, anyone tried it, is it viable, any tips maybe?
5-is amount of lost CR same if you do not take dmg in combat but fire things like missiles and similar to CR lost in combat if you do not do anything with your ship (so no dmg taken, but also did not use any weapon). Generally does increased use of weapons/ammo increase how much you lose your CR?
6-CR looks like it will punish people that like to play with one set number of ships, so is soloing with a onslaught still viable?
7-if you repare on space station,is the amount of supplies needed same as if you would do it in space. Do you pay something more as it is instant?

(Edited thread title -Alex)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:25:10 AM by Alex »

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Crappy question about this crappy game
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:32:52 AM »

Here, for your language:

1-can i see in combat,  info how much CR is lost on fighter when they are replenished from the carrier, or how much fighters i can replenish?
2-do all fighters lose same amount of CR when destroyed during combat?

Go to the command Ui with TAB, click the ship you want Infos about and hover over its icon in the left lower corner. "CR per Fighter deployed" is the info you seek. The current CR then rells you how many can be deployed still.

3-do bonuses of my character skills affect fighters also (the tactic ones)?

In principle, but only armor upgrades have some real influence, and flux improvements for shielded fighters.

4-trying to go full fighter/carrier, anyone tried it, is it viable, any tips maybe?

It's viable, but hard against the most powerful fleets. The number of fight decks deployed is critical for how long your fighters can stay in combat, so don't cheap out there too much.

5-is amount of lost CR same if you do not take dmg in combat but fire things like missiles and similar to CR lost in combat if you do not do anything with your ship (so no dmg taken, but also did not use any weapon). Generally does increased use of weapons/ammo increase how much you lose your CR?

Three things cost CR in combat: Deployment (specific for every ship), hull damage taken and for some ships (mostly frigates) if you go over their peak combat readiness time.

6-CR looks like it will punish people that like to play with one set number of ships, so is soloing with a onslaught still viable?

It's possible, but harder than before.

7-if you repare on space station,is the amount of supplies needed same as if you would do it in space. Do you pay something more as it is instant?

It's the same.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Excalibur Bane

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Question about this game
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »

Wow. That's a lot of crap. I don't think one roll is enough. :P

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »

How can you see how much logistic a ship will take when you get it to your fleet?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 11:12:26 AM »

How can you see how much logistic a ship will take when you get it to your fleet?
Supplies/day in the codex. You may also want to take into account the number of crew needed; each crewmember uses up 0.01 supplies/day.

Note that this is just for getting the ship's impact on the Logistics Capacity; calculating the amount of supplies the ship needs to fight requires a bit more math.