Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Cant attack independent Traders  (Read 2896 times)

SHADOWLEXX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Cant attack independent Traders
« on: October 10, 2013, 05:54:25 PM »

Hello,

i bought the game yesterday and played a while the vanilla version. There i could attack anything. Now i installed the exerelin mod with the other ones mentioned in the thread.
When i now start a new game, i cant attack any independent traders, so i cant progress. Because i cant do *** with my only frigate against the other factions ( i can attack them).
Is this a Bug, or do i have to do something first with the mods, like declaring war on the traders??

Thanks in Advance!

Sproiet

• Ensign
  • My advice to you is keep being who you are
    • View Profile
Re: Cant attack independent Traders
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »

Welcome, and uh great first mod choice :P

The Exerelin mod does have a slow start, unless you get lucky and someone immediately declares war on you, or you pick off the nearby rebel dissenters. I think being unable to fight the traders is the modder's decision (kind of a neutral faction) You can not declare war, your ally/home faction may wage war with whomever you may have just attacked but I don't think that it's even possible now to fight traders.

SHADOWLEXX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »

Ok, thanks, so no murdering innocent traders anymore :-/

Any Hints then how i still could advance? Waging wars with other factions in my only frigate is no option (And yes i greatly lack of fighting skill here) and the only fleets of rebels i seen had more then 1 Ship  :P

Sproiet

• Ensign
  • My advice to you is keep being who you are
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 06:17:14 PM »

Pick off innocent faction mining fleets, (not too fancy mind you you're just one frigate) You can wait for that good 'ol paycheck and then buy another frigate or maybe even a destroyer. That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »

I think being unable to fight the traders is the modder's decision (kind of a neutral faction)

Yep it is basically because there is no way yet to declare peace with the independent faction. In Exerelin the independent faction owns the OmniFactory and the traders, and both these things are important that would cease to function if you were at war with them :P

Once the mod progresses the independents will have more a presence and can be war-decced, among other things.

Ok, thanks, so no murdering innocent traders anymore :-/

Any Hints then how i still could advance? Waging wars with other factions in my only frigate is no option (And yes i greatly lack of fighting skill here) and the only fleets of rebels i seen had more then 1 Ship  :P

Pick off innocent faction mining fleets, (not too fancy mind you you're just one frigate) You can wait for that good 'ol paycheck and then buy another frigate or maybe even a destroyer. That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

You can also use the mining pod wing in your storage facility to start mining asteroids for supplies, or gas giants for fuel, but attacking another factions mining fleets is usually a good bet :)

In your Storage Facility there is also a couple of prisoners and agents; trade the prisoners to a faction you want to ally with (or at least not go to war with just yet) and use the agents against a faction you are at/wanting to go to war with.

SHADOWLEXX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 06:26:44 PM »

Seems like its going to be the same experience as Misery for Stalker COP.

Well got to give it a try  ;D