Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [0.6.1a] Sector of Sins v0.7 [UPDATED] TEC faction added!  (Read 28345 times)

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.6.1a] Sector of Sins v0.7 [UPDATED] TEC faction added!
« on: October 10, 2013, 02:56:28 AM »

Sector of Sins

-

This mod adds Sins of a Solar Empire units to StarSector

-

Ship Sprites
Spoiler
Advent
Spoiler
Utility:

Strike Craft:

Frigates:

Destroyer:

Cruiser:

Capital Ships:

Titan:
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
TEC
Spoiler
Utility:

Strike Craft:

Frigates:

Cruisers:

Capital Ships:

Titans:
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
[close]

-
Current version: 0.7
Current contents: 36 ships - 4 strike craft squadrons, 11 frigates, 1 destroyer, 3 cruisers, 11 capitals, 3 titans and 3 utility vessels
To do: Add Vasari ships, create faction, starbases and system for the Vasari.

Code
Changelog:
0.7 - updated file structure and naming conventions
        added TEC faction and ships
        increased starting ship options - both Advent and TEC options give the choice between three different starting ships
        added Celanus, the TEC system
0.6 - updated file structure
        removed Iconus Guardian
        added Advent fighter and bomber squadrons
        added Unity, the Advent system
        added Advent faction
        increased accuracy of ships when compared to [i]Sins[/i]. For example, Destra only has four weapons now - all plasma cannons, just like in [i]sins[/i]
0.5a - fixed TradeDrone crash
-

Compatibility issues? I have no idea. Try it. If something goes wrong, tell me and I'll add it here.

-

UPDATED VERSION V0.7!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l05rib81hephm8/Sector%20of%20Sins%20v0.7.rar

IMPORTANT: This version drastically changes the structure of the mod. Do not just write over the previous version with this mod, delete the previous version completely before installing this one.

---

All Sins of a Solar Empire content is used with permission of Ironclad Games. www.sinsofasolarempire.com
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:08:06 PM by Xalendi »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.6.1a] Sector of Sins v0.5
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »

Screeeenieeees! :(

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:12 AM »

Agree with Gotcha. You gotta improve your presentation for your mod Xalendi! There is already a truckload of mod on the forum begging to be played and that's not by just posting a download link that people will try your mod. At least post the sprites for each ships on the OP.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2012.0

Interstellar Federation mod is a good idea how to present your mod. Speaking of presentation, i may have some ideas about it, brb, crafting some stuff.

Otherwise i tried your mod and while i haven't got yet anything bigger than frigate class, it was pretty fun. Just one thing that come to mind, the Purge frigate shield is a bit too small i think, its wingspan is bigger than the shield arc!

Have to play some more but it's a good start.

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »

The Purge is supposed to have a small shield...it's just enough to cover the weapons, so they don't get damaged. Also, it is quite fast, so that is added defense. It's meant to be a support frigate, rather than a flagship. Something that can flank the enemy while your flagship draws attention.

As to your presentation feedback, thanks, I'll add some sprite images once I get home from work.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:14:31 PM by Xalendi »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 05:17:52 PM »

Played a bit more of it, unfortunately i ran into a bug.

Code
107677 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [trade_TradeDrone_Hull] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [trade_TradeDrone_Hull] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.super.float$Object(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleetMember(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.TradeDestroyerSpawnPoint.addShips$(TradeDestroyerSpawnPoint.java:94)
at data.scripts.world.TradeDestroyerSpawnPoint.spawnFleet(TradeDestroyerSpawnPoint.java:49)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:61)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Otherwise i tested some other ships. The Illuminator is cruiser level overpowered if not even more. With 2 large energy mounts, 3 mediums and 3 smalls (with a 360° arc) that thing can slaughter everything. Large mounts are far too much for a frigate, unless maybe if its only weapon. A single HIL for the Illuminator could work but then, you'll need to nerf its speed to avoid making it a kitting monster. For its ship system, it can use something similar to the decoy illusion drone from the Shadow order mod (not updated to 0.61 unfortunately) which basically spawn a copy of the original ship who will draw the enemy attention. Can't remember the ship using it though, a frigate i'm sure, maybe the Wraith?

The Disciple is also very strong for a light frigate. With 4 small energy mounts you can easily unleash hell on frigates and destroyers. 2 small mounts should be more than enough i think.

To come back to the Purge and its shield. I tried to fit the extended shield hull mod and it seems that the tips of its wings are sticking out the shield radius. I don't know if it is possible to get hit there while shielded but in any case it look weird. Also, at a meager 50 armor even asteroids can destroy it, which is a shame given it is supposed to be a pretty heavily armored frigate.

The Iconus guardian is an oddity. It got a lot of weapon mounts for a support ship who is supposed to be barely armed. On top of that, it got a lot of armor at 300 (well, compared to other Advent ships). By the way, in SOASE, the Iconus can project a huge shield to cover its fleet or use a repulsor field. Even though you can't field two ship systems on one ship, you can still choose one. For the shield, take a look at the Neutrino Colossus, it basically spawn an invisible drone with a gigantic shield who can block enemy projectiles but not ships. For the repulsor, the Kurmaraja from Black Rock Driveyard or the Heimdal generator from Thule's Legacy (no 0.61 Version though...) can give you  some ideas.

For the presentation, your mod gave me the idea to create a template for presentation, if you're not sure where to start.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7156.0

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!

1) The bug should be easily fixed, just looks like a naming error. I'll take a look when I get home. What were you doing when that appeared?

2) The ships...well, I was more concerned with getting playable, fun, ships than being completely accurate to the original game. Hence you now have a Purge vessel that is fast, nippy and lightly armoured, instead of a slow, long range missile spammer. I believe the only ship that is completely accurate (other than weapon colour) to Sins is the Halcyon. And that is only because it's my favourite ship, so I know it off by heart.

3) I am still working out balance issues, it is my first mod. The Illuminator, comes from my memories of those things being badass...I took out a TEC capital with just one of those once. The system sounds good...I'm sure one of the advent ships can do that in the original game. Hell, it might even be the Illuminator. I dunno, I don't usually bother upgrading the abilities.

4) I'll take a look at the Purge's shield. I do like how the default shield sorta fits between the two wingtips. I should be able to increase the radius, though.

5) As for the Iconus, just look at it. If that doesn't scream "heavily armed and armoured", I don't know what does.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 10:11:31 AM »

5) As for the Iconus, just look at it. If that doesn't scream "heavily armed and armoured", I don't know what does.

That's why i find it weird. In the original game it is quite the opposite. Though i don't know if you want to get your ships to be similar from the originals ones. Anyway, you should take a look at the wiki, absolutely everything is there.

http://sinsofasolarempire.wikia.com/wiki/Iconus_Guardian

I managed to play with the rest of the ships. The first thing that strike me is the truckload of large energy mounts the capitals ships got. 5 on the Progenitor, 8 on the Halcyon and a whooping 14 on the Radiance. And somehow most of them are placed in pretty awkward spots on the ship.

You should clearly take a look at the Modding resources sub-forum. You'll find everything you need to know to polish your mod. The most important i think is to get the Codex 18 or the BalanceSuite 5000 to balance your ships.

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Sector of Sins v0.5a
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »

That balance suite thing is awesome.

I balanced the capital ships by loading up the game in dev mode, and running them in battles against the onslaught, paragon, and onslaught + paragon. They actually get beat down quite easily, despite the high amount of large slots.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 10:28:06 AM »

Xalendi: Thank you very much for contacting Ironclad, and congratulations on receiving their permission. I also notice you've provided a downloadable version of your mod, so that qualifies you for endorsed mod status. I've promoted this thread to the full mods subforum. Cheers, mate.

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »

Sweet, thanks.

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 06:21:38 AM »

Working on v0.6, which adds a new system, creates the Advent faction, and adds fighters. Trying to run it, and get a fatal:null error. Starsector.log reads:

Code
4844 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from ship_data.csv to [defe_DefenseVessel]
4844 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull [disc_DiscipleVessel] from ship_data.csv not found in store
4875 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - ID     Calls   Duration    Percent
4875 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - --------------------------------
4875 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)

What is going wrong? Why can it not find defe_DefenseVessel? I've checked both the hull file, and ship_data.csv...there are no naming errors.

I'm gonna post this in my thread in the modding section as well.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 06:44:17 AM »

I notice sometimes when I'm making rapid changes to my mod, one of the things I do to test ships out can sometimes cause this. If you are in the habit of testing your ships in a mission, and you have edited a variant in the mission refit screen, there will be a saved variant in the saves/missions folder that can cause the game to crash if you later change a hull or variant id.

Delete all the contents from Starsector\saves\missions.

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 07:51:48 AM »

Did that, and the Fatal:Null error stayed the same:

Code
5281 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from ship_data.csv to [defe_DefenseVessel]
5297 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull [disc_DiscipleVessel] from ship_data.csv not found in store
5344 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - ID     Calls   Duration    Percent
5344 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - --------------------------------
5344 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:29:05 AM by Xalendi »

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »

Fixed it. Had to edit the .ship files.

Work on v0.6 continues...

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Sector of Sins v0.6 UPDATE
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 10:28:03 AM »

New update. This update creates the Advent faction, and adds an entirely new system.
Pages: [1] 2 3