Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [v0.6.1a] Several aptitude/skill/perk-related bug reports  (Read 2464 times)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
[v0.6.1a] Several aptitude/skill/perk-related bug reports
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:12:41 AM »

1. 'Damage Control' skill, 'Autonomous Systems' perk: the 50% crew loss reduction is actually affecting overload duration; stacks in a multiplicative manner with the actual reduced overload duration effect.

2. 'Flux Modulation' skill, 'Advanced Routing Algorithms' perk: 'unapply' effect is linked to getEmpDamageTakenMult(), rather than getPhaseCloakUpkeepCostBonus().

Same skill, reduced shield damage effect: 'unapply' effect is linked to getFluxDissipation(), rather than getShieldDamageTakenMult().

3. 'Technology' aptitude, 'Computer Systems' & 'Mechanical Engineering' skills, as well as the 'Minaturized Capacitors/Vents' (both) and 'Optimized Assembly' perks all have an incorrect ScopeDescription; currently they are set to 'ScopeDescription.ALL_SHIPS', whereas they should be 'ScopeDescription.FLEET'.

4. 'Command Experience' skill, 'Making Do' perk: the current 'getEffectDescription':
Code
return "" + (int)(SkillData.COMMAND_EXPERIENCE_MIN_CREW_MULT * 100f) + "% less crew required to take ships into combat";
will not display a correct value if the end-user edits the:
Code
public static final float COMMAND_EXPERIENCE_MIN_CREW_MULT = 0.5f;
in SkillData.java to a greater numerical value (say, 0.75f) and expects to see a 75% reduction in minimum crew requirements; currently, it will set it to that exact value (only a 25% reduction).

Changing the 'apply' effect to:
Code
stats.getMinCrewMod().modifyMult(id, 1f - SkillData.COMMAND_EXPERIENCE_MIN_CREW_MULT);
seems to be the most straight-forward solution.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:22:07 AM by TimeDiver »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [v0.6.1a] Several aptitude/skill/perk-related bug reports
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »

Thanks for the reports!

1 & 2 - Fixed.
3 - I think this is actually correct, as the skills in question affect the ships in the fleet, rather than being a fleetwide bonus (such as, say, increasing the overall repair supply cap, increasing the logistics capacity, etc). It's mostly a matter of what sounds right for a given skill, too, so it's fairly subjective what's actually "correct".
4 - Fixed (but in the opposite way - just changed what getEffectDescription() returns to be (1f - ...).

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:27:56 AM »

3 - I think this is actually correct, as the skills in question affect the ships in the fleet, rather than being a fleetwide bonus (such as, say, increasing the overall repair supply cap, increasing the logistics capacity, etc). It's mostly a matter of what sounds right for a given skill, too, so it's fairly subjective what's actually "correct".
Heh, oops, I guess?

I made the assumptions based the pattern that the majority of skill(s) that called MutableCharacterStatsAPI had a ScopeDescription of '.FLEET' (with the exception of those six that I mentioned), whereas skills that called MutableShipStatsAPI either had a ScopeDescription of '.PILOTED_SHIP' or '.ALL_SHIPS', but never '.FLEET'.

Well, the developer always knows best, naturally.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:32:59 AM by TimeDiver »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 09:33:41 AM »

Ah yes... makes sense. Anyway, thanks again - also tracked down a couple of other mistakes in the FluxModulation effects; looks like a copy-paste gone somewhat wrong :)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 09:38:36 AM »

At the risk of irritating ya with repeated postings on my part, would said FluxModulation effects mistakes involve the use of modifyMult (1f - <variable name> * <level:optional> * 0.01f), rather than modifyPercent (-variable name)?

In my own modding mis-adventure(s), I've tended to leave modifyMult instances for hullmods and shipsystems, whereas aptitudes/skills/perks work best with modifyPercent (at least in-terms of stacking).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:40:10 AM by TimeDiver »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »

No, just the more garden-variety "apply to one stat, unapply from another" :)