Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Allow modification of lateral thrusters, front/back thrusters individually  (Read 3505 times)

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile

So, as far as I know, it's not possible to make a ship better or worse at strafing.  This also means you can't prevent a ship from being able to strafe at all.  While this would seem to make sense at first (who would want to pilot a no-strafe ship?) I feel it would be nice to allow modders to change how well a ship does or doesn't strafe.

Currently, you can change acceleration and deceleration to modify its general maneuverability, but a little more flexibility would be nice.  Specifically, this would be useful for Aerospace Fighters that aren't equipped with lateral thrusters.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile

though I think it'll never be implemented, I like it
mmm.... tartiflette

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile

Actually Alex has talked about how he sets the lateral thrusting values based on the type of ship so it's entirely possible that this will be exposed to the modding API at some point. It's definitely a separate stat somewhere. The visual modding benefit of being able to associate those movements with other thrusters though, sounds like it'd be kick ass.