Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hullmod and convenience suggestion  (Read 1178 times)

Ordanen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Hullmod and convenience suggestion
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »

After fiddling about with the ''new'' burst lasers, there was one thing that annoyed me. Mainly that they kinda sucked against large amounts of missiles/rockets, like from the Annihilator.

Now, this is a reasonable weakness, but what if there was a hullmod, ''Intelligent Targetting/Intelligent Point Defence'' or something, that allows PD weapons to prioritize larger and more dangerous missiles, versus large amounts of smaller ones.

Maybe add on a large Ordnance Point cost, so that it will for the most part be utilized by dedicated PD boats?

-

Second suggestion, add a slider for how many crew members you want to go above the required skeleton level. I get all OCD-y when it comes to keeping certain amount of crew members above the required, and it gets hard to keep track after several engagements where you lose 6, then 2, then 17, and so on.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Hullmod and convenience suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 04:12:23 PM »

In my opinion, Alex needs to put the markers that exists in weapons data files as a gameplay element. Designate that Tactical Laser as PD, designate the Annihilator as a Strike weapon if you want etc.. Allow us to change how the weapons are perceived by the enemy. Ala Neverwinter Nights AI or Gratuitous Space Battles.