Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Save Game Corrupted?  (Read 5310 times)

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Save Game Corrupted?
« on: October 02, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »

When I went to load my game today, I got this message:

But I don't use any mods. Is there any way to recover my save, or am I gonna have to start over?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Save Game Corrupted?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 06:22:57 PM »

Did you upgrade to 0.6.1a? It just came out today; there was a save issue in the previous version that could cause this - it should be fixed and you should be able to load your save with the new version.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »

No I did not, I'll upgrade and see if I can load it, thanks!

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 11:37:19 PM »

Hello, after installation of the last version (0.6.1a) the same problem began to arise. In load saved game attempt at first long loads, then issues the same message. After game restart the message arises almost at once in load attempt. On the predjidushchy version the such arose only once. And already likely 5th save broken.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »

Hi - are you running with any mods, or is this in vanilla?

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 09:32:33 AM »

Yes, I installed some mods. Perhaps a problem because some of them are intended for the version 0.6a? Or it because is too much them? Now there is slightly more than 10 mods. But on the version 0.54.1a there was even more, but such problem didn't arise. Thanks for the answer.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »

Some mods in 0.6a end up generating huge save files, sometimes just due to having lots of star systems. That can lead to the save failing to load. If you go into your data/config/settings.json file and set "compressSaveGameData" to true, that should help.

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately didn't help. I updated all mods to compatibility with the last version. By practical consideration switching on and off mods I found out that any of them in itself doesn't lead to a problem. If to disconnect some mods there is a strange situation: If after emergence of a mistake to bowl off and come anew, save is loaded, but only the first time. For the following loading game should be restarted again. I will try to disconnect systems in some mods, where their more than one. It is very a pity to disconnect some mods.

Suddenly advise about vmparams file from the next subject helped. While everything is loaded with all mods. And at first sight even works quicker. Whether I will look there will be error further again. Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:25:43 AM by Runoved »

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 06:44:03 PM »

I am getting the same error where is this vmparams file located at EDIT nevermind right in front of face
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:48:57 PM by doodlydee »

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 06:35:25 AM »

just got this issue

1'st i load my game it was all peachy,then i got my butt kicked so i get back to the menu from the battle & load the same save file & i got this load error
sure i got some mod's & this is the list
& some log for the records
Spoiler
969469 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
969469 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
   at java.lang.StringBuffer.toString(StringBuffer.java:585)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTracker.peekElement(PathTracker.java:133)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTracker.getPath(PathTracker.java:169)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.getCurrentReferenceK ey(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:41)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:63)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
[close]

EDITED: ok this helped http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7109.0 but it this an vanilla issue or mod's ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:31:15 AM by theSONY »
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 07:30:15 AM »

After several hours of game again there was error in load game attempt. Despite edited vmparams file. While relog in game helps. But it long enough and inconveniently. I tried to put 2048 instead of 1024 - game wasn't started at all. Judging by a task manager game uses a little more 1gb memories a maximum at available 8gb. Somebody knows a way to allow game to use even more resources? How actually parameters - Xms1024m - Xmx1024m and how they influence game work? Whether it is possible to not set exact value of marked-out memory, and to allow game to use all available free resources?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »

Just how big are your save files getting? It's entirely possible that there's a problem with one of the mods that's causing them to grow uncontrollably.

Did make an adjustment in the code that should make this not happen *if* there's actually enough memory. Obviously won't help if it's an issue with a save file's unbounded growth, but should help otherwise (i.e. in the case of a longer playsession followed by a large savefile reload).

@Runoved: You can replace the game's bundled JRE with a 64 bit version to allow it to use more memory (and then increase the Xms/Xmx parameters). But you do have to use those parameters.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 08:29:13 AM »

my save weight is almost 200 mb
other big save games i got is 148mb (Exerelin without kadur & bushi mods)
but i have read some topics on the forum & i think there some issue with "Kadur Theocracy" mod
will try to uncheck that mod, get vmparams as it was (512) & see
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 09:55:40 AM »

Many thanks for advise. I replaced game's bundled JRE with a 64 bit version and I increased Xms/Xmx parameters to 2048. While everything is excellent, I will test further. How many all interesting you learn while you try to adjust favourite game. :)

Speedycake582

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 05:33:55 AM »

i have a similar problem as such everything was fine for my savegames untill i loaded up 0.6.1a and now it says they are corrupted yet they were working fine on previous version i dont use mods or anything like that my games are total vanilla setups can anyone help me out with this?
any help at all would be much appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2