Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Persistant No-Memory Starting Failure  (Read 1644 times)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Persistant No-Memory Starting Failure
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:40:21 PM »

Hi, I have a REALLY annoying problem with my memory allocation. Whenever there is a(re) big mod(s), specifically the Zorg, the game keeps running out of memory! This keeps on happening, and I hope you understand it's really p*ssing me off when I can't do one of the few things I love.

Latest 64 bit Java
Latest graphics drivers (I think)
5.43 GB of RAM
Literally ALL settings on everywhere set for maximum performance
Tried -512 and -512, as well as -1024 and -1024

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Persistant No-Memory Starting Failure
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »

Hi - hmm. The log file you've attached is a crash in your graphics driver; are you certain these are actually memory issues?

If it is a memory issue, I'd suggest making a post in the mod's thread to see if others are having similar problems/whether it's an issue with the mod.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 06:09:10 PM »

Is it? I honestly didn't know. The other times the game crashed like that, you said it was an outside memory leak. I assumed it was the same this time as well, but I guess not. Anyways, I'm over my pouting phase, and looking back I feel embarrassed.

I just tried updating my graphics, and the servers that automatically determine your graphics driver to updated them are down! D: (from AMD)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »

No worries, I get that that's frustrating :) In this case, though, I'm not sure there's much I can do in the short run (or at all, if this is consistently a driver problem...) Let me know if you run into this again so I can take another look and see if it's the same issue.