Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: "Hullo, it's Scott Manley here!"  (Read 33097 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
"Hullo, it's Scott Manley here!"
« on: September 20, 2013, 08:29:45 AM »

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: "Hullo, it's Scott Manley here!"
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »

I saw that. He's still in 0.54.1a though, and, he might take my place of first search result for Starsector :(

More attention to the game is always a cool thing though.

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »

Awesome, that means more attention for this little indie game  :D
I really don't know what I'm doing...

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »

love the man(ley), but really hoping he makes another one with 0.6a

prob shouldn't pass judgement before i watched the video, though, guess I'll wait till i get home
mmm.... tartiflette

Psygnosis

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 07:07:07 PM »

By the sounds of things he likes it but there wont be a series for it like the brief few videos of X3.

Oddly enough he still plays shitloads of Star Conflict but doesnt record them. (and EVE too. thought i think he made a recent*video of that)

if you want more info on what he's playing check out the LetsPlay section of SomethingAwful.

KEreversal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 01:34:56 AM »

Jesus christ, incoming thousands of ***, annoying mechjeb KSP kiddies.
Does this guy have ADD, it seems he can barely read and clearly doesn't understand the game what so ever.

He claims to have owned it for a while, but its clear he has never played the game.
I worry for the future of this game

Psygnosis

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 01:40:22 AM »

Does this guy have ADD, it seems he can barely read and clearly doesn't understand the game what so ever.

He claims to have owned it for a while, but its clear he has never played the game.

he actually spoke of it before on EVE, he has played it a few times but its not really the sorta game that he plays long term.
As for "thousand of annoying mechjebkiddies" whats up too mainstream for you hipster folk?

KEreversal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 01:50:25 AM »

he actually spoke of it before on EVE, he has played it a few times but its not really the sorta game that he plays long term.
As for "thousand of annoying mechjebkiddies" whats up too mainstream for you hipster folk?

Have you seen how stupid people who use mechjeb are?

Musaab

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 01:57:41 AM »

Why make the video now and use the old version though...that made no sense.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 02:00:59 AM »

I'm not sure what this mechjeb stuff is about, but I don't like to read defamatory generalizations of any kind of user group. Take that elsewhere, please.

Regarding the video, its obvious that he tries to play the game just like SPaZ, which is a tad sad to watch. But also kinda hilarious.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

joosh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »

I think he means me. Anybody up for a ridiculous flame war?

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »

I think he means me. Anybody up for a ridiculous flame war?
Take it to yer PMs or you'll find your time on this forums very short indeed. Making your first posts that of a flame war is not how to get started on a forum.

billi999

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »

There's no way to say this without sounding judgemental, but to be honest, I find the KSP community to be flawed. Perhaps it's mostly down to the examples of very poor or at least inconsistent moderation that I've gotten an opinion of, but I'm worried that users that get away with breaking the rules there may come here and expect the same treatment.

I also feel that the community so far has, at least for the vast majority, attracted a constructive audience of mature users that in a way even seems to have a natural immunity from some of the stupidity that floats around the internet. Please don't take that as me saying the KSP fanbase is stupid, but there if this forum explodes in popularity I feel that the charm of seeing familiar names all the time will be lost, and with it the sense of stability in the community. Granted, this is likely going to happen anyway, but I would like to see a graceful increase in the popularity of the forum so that the moderators and such can more easily adapt to the changes. If there's any criticism I have of the community as it is right now, I have experienced what I felt was elitism to an extent and this is why I have not taken part in the forum much for a while.

Of course you're welcome to disagree with any of my points, I'm not trying to offend or challenge anyone, just saying how I see things at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 06:25:35 PM by billi999 »

Dorsilfin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 08:13:55 AM »

/wave KSP kiddie here.  Im glad you can group everyone who plays a game into a category of people.  I'm 31, have spoken to the ISS and enjoy space science and radio communications.  That being said.  You're not a nice person.  Don't like his videos, don't watch them.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 08:31:27 AM »

I don't even play KSP, but Scott explains what's going on in his videos and doesn't take 4 hours to do it as most of his videos are sped up with post commentary over the top.

I also like the hearings about what is the happenings in glorious Arstotzka

Glory to Arstotzka~ ?
Glory to Arstotzka~ ?
Pages: [1] 2 3