Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New hull mod suggestion: "Lone Wolf" single ship mod  (Read 1598 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
New hull mod suggestion: "Lone Wolf" single ship mod
« on: September 20, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »

First off I don't think it is possible to mod this in but it might still be and if it is then please move this topic to the mods section!
I have been thinking and mulling over how to "bring back" single ship fights that allow them to get back in the fight quickly but still use the CR mechanic. Then I got an idea of a hull mod that MIGHT work!
The idea would be that the mod would cause any ship that it is equipped to, to use 100 percent of its CR on deployment and a frigates CR drop would be boosted by 5 or 10 times BUT it would gain an insane CR regen rate out of battle so you could immediately use it again. This effect would be negated if you deployed a second ship. (Thus the "Lone Wolf" name) This way solo ship runs are now again doable but at a decently high OP cost (I'm thinking 25 or 40 OP for cap ships)  and by it being a hull mod, it could be acquired by a character skill.

What do you guys think? Could this be modded in or does something have to be added first?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: New hull mod suggestion: "Lone Wolf" single ship mod
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 07:58:33 AM »

Maybe as a Combat skill perk, or just increase the bonus given by the Combat aptitude.  Max combat mitigates the CR drop, but not enough for a solo ship run.

EDIT - OP is at a premium since Technology does not give as much, and you need at least one Leadership just to pilot a capital ship at full effectiveness.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:11:28 AM by Megas »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 09:23:18 AM »

Perhaps a lv10 perk of that skill that reduces overload durations and all that good stuff for the piloted ship.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 11:27:11 AM »

We have one that reduces overload duration already, level 5 perk in the Damage Control skill (in Combat tree).
EDIT - Nevermind, misread.  But the Damage Control skill is good enough already.  That said, I gladly take powerups that make good skills even better.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:34:36 AM by Megas »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:30:55 AM »

Perhaps a lv10 perk of the Damage Control skill which offers the bonuses described by the OP.