Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feature Request: Set Flagship In Initial Deployment  (Read 1874 times)

MidnightSun

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Feature Request: Set Flagship In Initial Deployment
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

First of all, great work on 0.6a Alex, it's been fun testing out all the new mechanics, sounds, etc.

With the new CR system, it's become necessary to be more selective about deploying your fleet so as not to waste supplies on an enemy that can be easily defeated, particularly regarding whether or not to deploy a capital ship that'll be expensive to restore to combat-ready state.

With that in mind, I think providing the option to select an alternate flagship in the initial deployment screen (if the currently-set flagship is not initially deployed) would be a good idea. It avoids the tackiness of having to wait for your command pod to catch up to the rest of the ships (even worse now that all the ships initially boost in), and also avoids having to enter the fleet management screen right before you anticipate a battle to do a swap (which is what I do now).

Just a minor bit of streamlining.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Set Flagship In Initial Deployment
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 01:29:42 PM »

when does the deployment CR hit take effect? because if it's assessed at the beginning of battle you want to be in the ship that needs your combat aptitude bonuses. just curious how that works and if it applies to changing flagships before combat or if it's whatever ship you're in on the campaign map regardless of what ship you command in combat

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 01:33:50 PM »

This has been suggested multiple times before.  I still think it's a good idea, though an acceptable alternative would be if the command shuttle received a large speed boost during the first, say, 20 seconds of the battle - but you'd need a really large boost to make sure it could catch up to a teleporting Hyperion, and setting current flagship in the deployment UI would, I think, be a cleaner solution.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MidnightSun

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:15:56 PM »

Somehow missed that thread in the search results, my bad. Agreed that a deployment UI addition would be a cleaner fix.