Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: Combat Readyness isn't fun..  (Read 151623 times)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Readyness isn't fun..
« Reply #405 on: October 04, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »

Just realized there's even a precedent for the freighter progression to continue into the frigate tier: The Fuel-Tanker progression does.

swicked

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 05, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »

If CR also goes down based on how tired the crew is due to constant fighting, how does that jive with having CR completely restored at a friendly station? Do you end up taking the crew out drinking? Or does the date automatically advance however many days are enough to get them all willing to jump back into battle? I haven't figured that out, yet.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 05, 2013, 03:04:25 PM »

If CR also goes down based on how tired the crew is due to constant fighting, how does that jive with having CR completely restored at a friendly station? Do you end up taking the crew out drinking? Or does the date automatically advance however many days are enough to get them all willing to jump back into battle? I haven't figured that out, yet.

Hookers.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 05, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »

Imma just assume a good night's rest aboard the stations do magic for their exhaustion
mmm.... tartiflette

thebrucolac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 05, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »

Each station is equipped with a revitalization chamber that restores the user in minutes, but is extremely addictive. All crew work solely to feed their habit. You do not pay them, you pay rent on their chamber time. Combat stress causes chamber withdrawal.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 05, 2013, 03:33:43 PM »

Hookers.

I like the mods here. :)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 05, 2013, 03:51:59 PM »

I wan't my CR back up!

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 05, 2013, 05:13:04 PM »

Alex's stance right now is that there isn't any particular value on your time in-game that would make you unwilling to stand around for a few days to recover your CR and frankly not much to do but bash pirates over the head, you get an option to skip some pointless waiting and get back to playing.

The implication seems to have been that "Push button, instant CR recover" may not be a mechanic in the final game, and is a temporary measure to make the current alpha more playable while time isn't a resource.

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 05, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »

I really dislike how low CR can just completely disable your ships thus far.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 05, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »

Hookers.

Then how come the mercenaries in Jagged Alliance had their stamina go down after visiting 'that' place in San Mona?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »

Quote from: Forum Rules
This is not the place to discuss or post sexually oriented material. Please take it elsewhere.

(Yes, I'm aware Gothars started it. But, you know, still not ok, don't keep it going.)

Excalibur Bane

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »

Heh, heh. Too funny. That sorta made my night. :P

swicked

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 05, 2013, 08:20:19 PM »

Alex's stance right now is that there isn't any particular value on your time in-game that would make you unwilling to stand around for a few days to recover your CR and frankly not much to do but bash pirates over the head, you get an option to skip some pointless waiting and get back to playing.

The implication seems to have been that "Push button, instant CR recover" may not be a mechanic in the final game, and is a temporary measure to make the current alpha more playable while time isn't a resource.
Okay so, essentially, what you are saying is that the crew-exhaustion part of combat readiness will NOT be recovered by the station in future versions unless you decide to stay x-amount of time?

Excalibur Bane

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 06, 2013, 01:12:11 AM »

Yeah, I'm really not liking the whole CR deal myself. Bleeding supplies off to get CR back after a battle is just cutting into my profits too much. :(

Ishikawa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 06, 2013, 01:30:50 AM »

The problem i have with combat readiness is that you can't even run away anymore with 0%, because your crew has forgotten how to turn on shields, use the engines basically everything but turning your turrets without firing, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, i understand having problem and malfunctions but locking down the whole ship because what, your crew suddenly died or forgot how to use even the most basic systems... it's not fun to get taken out by a pirate fleet that you could have easily run away from with basic controls. I'm not even talking about fighting here. It does not make sense in the form it is now, there is a difference between your crew being exhausted and your crew being dead and suicidal because of low cr.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34