Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Current Favorite Pre-made Ship?  (Read 8568 times)

AdmiralMaelstrom

• Lieutenant
  • When death approaches, fire another volley.
    • View Profile
Current Favorite Pre-made Ship?
« on: February 09, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »

Just to sate my curiosity, what are your top three pre-made class of ships/fighters/bombers/carrier etc. (used in current missions/random battles)?

For me its:
1. Hyperion-class Strike Frigate (fast, hits like a Mac truck)
2. Medusa-class Attack Destroyer (durable, hits like a Mac truck)
3. Thunder-class Multirole Fighter Wing (durable and fast, hits like a Mac truck)
Whatever it takes, no matter the cost.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Re: Current Favorite Pre-made Ship?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »

Hyperion, Conquest, venture, wolf.

I like nearly all of them, haha. Can't wait to play with the incomparable hound as well.  ;)

There's another thread like this. fyi: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=532.0
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

AdmiralMaelstrom

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:30:39 AM »

Ahhh, I was looking for one and surprised when I didn't find it. Guess I fail at looking  :-\

Edit: Also I would have to say the Wolf comes in a close fourth. The only problem is you need a few of them to be extraordinarily effective.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:35:27 AM by AdmiralMaelstrom »

Deus

• Ensign
  • Proud Mac User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »

I must have a very different play style to a lot of people as I like taking the big ships like the battlecruiser which is your default capital ship and ships like that, I find drifting through space slowly unloading a barrage of high power weaponry extremely statisfying

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »

I must have a very different play style to a lot of people as I like taking the big ships like the battlecruiser which is your default capital ship and ships like that, I find drifting through space slowly unloading a barrage of high power weaponry extremely statisfying
This, I feel exactly the same. I love unleashing hell unto anything that gets in my way (ever tried hitting a fighter with a mjolnir cannon? awesome moment...).
I love the big ship I always get as flagship in the random battles, it's got some nice guns on the sides.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:30:17 PM »

I think the big ship lovers are just less vocal. I really love a good broadside flank.  :)
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

I think the big ship lovers are just less vocal. I really love a good broadside flank.  :)

Exactly, I love me some broadsides as well.  :)

I like broad sides and I cannot lie, you other players can't deny, when a ship flies by with a whole lot'a guns all in your face, you get pwned!

;D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

AdmiralMaelstrom

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »

I like broad sides and I cannot lie, you other players can't deny, when a ship flies by with a whole lot'a guns all in your face, you get pwned!

;D

Huge fan.

Anyway, I love a broadside as much as the next guy, but I can never seem to get close enough :(
Perhaps I am just a subpar tactician with large captial ships  ;D

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 02:15:29 PM »

Anyway, I love a broadside as much as the next guy, but I can never seem to get close enough :(
Perhaps I am just a subpar tactician with large captial ships  ;D

The trick is you have to be gentle but firm with the maneuvering thrusters and be careful to match velocity and trajectory with your target, in order for the most excellent broadside to be experienced.    :D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »

Meh. I just drive straight at whatever I wanna blow up, then make sure I don't fly into the middle of a group, because otherwise you are flanked and therefore probably screwed.
- Voltaire

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »

Adore the conquest myself. Doubly so since it's turrets are more limber. The hammerhead destroyer is superb. I like the hound a lot too. It's not strong, but it's got pluck.

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26:50 AM »

After I made the comment, I took a tempest for a spin, and was immediately in love. That thing is truly awesome, and tonnes of fun to fly.

tinsoldier

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »

I love me some Apogee-class action.  Playin' it safe at a distance draining their shields, struggling to hit you and when they finally vent or overload, you swoop with the antimatter blasters as you blast by.  I love it.

MidnightSun

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »

What, no love for the Astral? Its three flight decks are just amazing; being able to field so many fighters and keep them all up and running is amazing. The Conquest is also great; being able to toggle on and off the omni shield is perfect for fending off bomber and torpedo runs.

Don't love the Onslaught and Dominator classes what with their ridiculously slow speed and reliance on hardpoints for their main weapons: do enjoy the challenge of piloting them though!

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »

I love the Hammerhead.  Great damage, takes a beating, fast enough to get to the party quickly.  Tempests are hella fun to harass large ships with--you can take out things many times more powerful than you if you stay behind it.

Only cruiser class or larger ship I like is the Aurora, because its not quite as slow and it brings some great support firepower to the fight.  I love eating through another capships shields while I am a whole screen away right before I send a strike team in.  BOOM.

As far as which ship I like to have on my team the most rather than piloting?
Astral.  Astral don't *** around.
Pages: [1] 2