Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What drew you to this game?  (Read 13754 times)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: What drew you to this game?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »

Supcom -> Battleships Forever -> Transcendence -> Starfarer (In chronological order of being recommended from one place to the next by someone from the previously listed community)

Currently I'm only active in the latter two (I'm one of the admin for the transcendence community)

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »

Yeah! Transcendence is awesome!  :D
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »

The look and art of the ships just reminded me of all the old school topdown space and earth plane shooters. The large capital ships just cried out boss battles to me.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Icelom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »

I was reading a post on a forum about diablo III and someone said something about SPAZ and starfarer holding them over, (was in the same sentance). Well i loved spaz, alot so thought i would check out this "starfarer" mentioned in the post, i mean it had star in the name so probaly some kind of sci-fi game... went to the starfarer sight and was plesently suprized to see a game in development that is basicaly my dream game... Hopefully when its released it will live up to whats in my mind... but so far so good the alpha is amazing combat and control wise add in ship and fleet custimization as well as a larger univers of trade and combat and i cant see it going wrong!

So ya long story short, a happed to see hte name starfare becide the name of another game i enjoyed will reading the forums of another game that has not come out yet....

This game looks to offer me everyhting that i flet spaz was missing!!! sure am excited.

Edit: Aso watched a video of gamepaly after looking at hte site, and the SOUND was just so epic i had to try it. Who ever is in charge of the sound for this game deserves many many cookies
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:14:13 PM by Icelom »

Jerry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 07:30:34 AM »

Found it randomly while searching for space game... I think SPAZ was a little too expensive for me at the time so I was looking for something cheaper... Stumbled on this one, looked up a couple of videos on youtube and bought it the next day.

The feel of the game is just epic, and the sound effects are great as well. Can't wait for campaign mode to arrive.

Slump

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »

The main draw for me was the fact it has a Linux version. It seemed like a game I'd enjoy and I could could play it natively on my laptop. I support most devs taking the time to add Linux versions of their games.

CaptanSpudsy

• Lieutenant
  • Meanwhile, in Spudland.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »

I was notified of this game by TB like many other buyers. The actual draw of starfarer for me was the fact that it mixed space, explosions, lasers, rockets, giant spacethingies, and more explosions.

Oh, and it looked like the combat was stellar and so was the RTS elements of it.
Spudsy
Mjolnir Cannons and Hepatitis in the large slots.

sKarpunch

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 11:57:31 PM »

i saw one of my friends at school playing, and i was captivated, mostly the combat and actually controlling your ship, as opposed to clicking repeatedly in the direction you want to go in  >:( 
One should be a well of knowledge, not a fountain.-Reddit

-----------------------
END TRANSMISSION
-----------------------

jocan2003

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »

for me it was a post on B12 forum that drew me in here back where there was just a few mission :) i played had fun and put it on ice till we had campaign :D

AdmiralMaelstrom

• Lieutenant
  • When death approaches, fire another volley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »

Total Biscuit for sure, saw it on his youtube channel looked like exactly the kind of game I was looking for
Whatever it takes, no matter the cost.

weed33

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »

I love space games, simple as that. Particularly large fleet rts or flying massive battleships... so yeah

DelicateTask

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 09:29:05 PM »

TotalBiscuit.

That and the fact that this game promises to combine everything I've ever wanted out of a space combat game. I managed to scrounge up some cash today and buy it. Been having loads of fun so far.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »

TotalBiscuit.

That and the fact that this game promises to combine everything I've ever wanted out of a space combat game. I managed to scrounge up some cash today and buy it. Been having loads of fun so far.
It makes me excited every time I read someone new bought the game, haha.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 11:39:45 PM »

TotalBiscuit.

Pretty much this, except I bought it friday :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]