Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fighters flying out of combat map  (Read 1255 times)

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Fighters flying out of combat map
« on: September 15, 2013, 02:49:13 AM »

Ok this is interesting,

I was attacked by a bigger fleet, so I hit the try to disengage option to be able to attack the enemy more spread out then all at once.
I easily defeated their 2 carriers and lots of fighters, which made part of the enemy fleet retreat, but it did not say that they were defeated nor did it give me the option to end the battle.

Looking around the entire combat map, I couldn't find any enemy craft but I could only 'Quit to main menu' so I decided to retreat in the hopes that would end the battle.

While retreating I found two fighter wings between 36000 and 54000 meters above the combat map. Unable to engage them, I had to retreat almost making me lose my fleet...

TL;DR
Fighters (and possibly other craft) can get outside the combat map
Spoiler
[close]

P.S. I'm unable to provide a save as that save was a long time ago...

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Fighters flying out of combat map
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »

It happened again, but this time I managed to catch a venture that was trying to retreat.
As soon as I attacked it the fighters started to go back towards the combat map.
Once I destroyed the venture, both fighter wings immediately retreated and the battle ended.

Same scenario, My fall fleet gets hailed by a bigger fleet, I use disengage to spread out the enemy, I beat the enemy and some of their fighter wings go outside the map.

It could be possible that there was still an enemy carrier alive in my previous posts if that turns out to be the cause.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fighters flying out of combat map
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »

Thanks, I'll take a look. Thought I'd fixed this a long time ago!