Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strange New Game Behaviour  (Read 1877 times)

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
Strange New Game Behaviour
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:30:30 AM »

I started a new game. Was playing a Lasher. Got in a fight and was nearly out of health. Was on my way back to a space station when I was attacked again. Got wrecked, and before the battle ended itself I hit escape. The prompt asked me if I would like to leave the game, rather than the usual 'auto resolve battle? y/n' but I hit yes anyways. It kicked me back to the main screen and I started another new game. Character generation occurred normally, but once I started the game I appeared in my old lasher, from the game I just quit, with all the same damage except I was traveling in normal space (I was in hyperspace when I quit). Confounded, I flew around for a few seconds before the game crashed.

Note: I always used to just hit Autoresolve in the previous versions whenever I had been defeated rather than wait for the screen to fade on it's own.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:33:16 AM by GUNINANRUNIN »
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Strange New Game Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:00:42 PM »

Anything?
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »

Gave it a try, can't seem to reproduce, will keep an eye out.

(Please don't bump threads here, makes me think there's something new. If I haven't responded, chances are I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.)

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »

Gave it a try, can't seem to reproduce, will keep an eye out.

(Please don't bump threads here, makes me think there's something new. If I haven't responded, chances are I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.)
Alright. I was under the impression you missed it. I won't ever have that impression again. Keep up the good work Alex.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »

:) Thanks for the report, by the way. Hope I didn't come off unappreciative... heck, I probably did. Apologies.

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 11:36:29 PM »

:) Thanks for the report, by the way. Hope I didn't come off unappreciative... heck, I probably did. Apologies.
No worries Alex!