Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 695946 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27
« Reply #615 on: September 29, 2022, 08:41:59 PM »

If a faction doesn't have the capability to defeat an ordo doesn't that make it underpowered? Considering ordos are supposed to be late game challenge I believe they are a good evaluation for whether a fleet is balanced or not.

Now to be honest kadur ships have nothing substantial to make up for their shield stats and manoeuvrability debuff (which are both one of the most important stats in fleet battles). It'd be great if kadur ships in general get more ordinance points or better flux stats.

Because adding heavy armor on top of their already abysmal manoeuvrability turns them into sitting bricks.

Anyway this is just my first impression, I will keep testing them with different builds and see what they really are capable of.
Kadurs mainly are good vs armor bricks, Ordos are.. well shield bricks. I'll probably look substantially at the weapons more and reduce a few OP cost which should give a little wiggle room for Kadur ships to put into vents and caps.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 23, 2022, 11:19:11 PM »

I wanted to ask, there's a bit of an issue with the Caliph, to be clear, it's been an "always" problem, even when Vayra was active but just learned to live with it and didn't see it as an issue worth posting about, now i wonder if anything can actually be done about it.

While fighting, allied ships (mostly frigates) have a tendency to fly around the Caliph and this usually means that they will bump into your shield and overload themselves or worse, blow themselves up after a couple of seemingly light touches. I usually fight from a reasonable distance, but sometimes a frigate will want to run away to vent its flux and I've seen it crash face first into one of the Caliph's shields and blow apart, it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough.

I was wondering if there's something at all that can be done about it, because i always assumed it was just vanilla starsector AI behavior, considering that allied non-player ships usually can bump into your ship, as if they would forget you're there, it's just that with the Caliph this is more noticeable because it's shields hurt a lot (They are made for ramming).

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 24, 2022, 06:31:03 AM »

I wanted to ask, there's a bit of an issue with the Caliph, to be clear, it's been an "always" problem, even when Vayra was active but just learned to live with it and didn't see it as an issue worth posting about, now i wonder if anything can actually be done about it.

While fighting, allied ships (mostly frigates) have a tendency to fly around the Caliph and this usually means that they will bump into your shield and overload themselves or worse, blow themselves up after a couple of seemingly light touches. I usually fight from a reasonable distance, but sometimes a frigate will want to run away to vent its flux and I've seen it crash face first into one of the Caliph's shields and blow apart, it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough.

I was wondering if there's something at all that can be done about it, because i always assumed it was just vanilla starsector AI behavior, considering that allied non-player ships usually can bump into your ship, as if they would forget you're there, it's just that with the Caliph this is more noticeable because it's shields hurt a lot (They are made for ramming).

I remember the fix was dramatically increasing the collision radius when its shield is on.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 26, 2022, 08:54:19 PM »

I remember the fix was dramatically increasing the collision radius when its shield is on.

Followed your suggestion and bumped the "collisionRadius" of the "vayra_caliph_shieldpart" to 500 and after several fights it looks like it makes a bit more of a difference, i still notice that frigates will still bump into the shield when they are retreating to vent, etc.

--------------------------------

There is an issue i found on the Caliph, this one i just noticed because it's been so long since i read the descriptions of the built-in hullmods. To quote part of the description of the Theocracy Targeting Core hullmod:

The hull of this massive superdreadnought modifies the installation of Converted Hangar, allowing for 2 bays in the main hull while reducing the OP cost of Kadur wings for all parts of the ship.

I don't know if the mentioned discount is being applied or not, but Converted Hangar still only gives one fighter bay on the central module when it should give out 2. Not sure if this is an error in the description or something else, the only thing i can think of that might be messing this up is that i also use Better Deserved S-Mods.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 31, 2022, 02:39:22 AM »

Followed your suggestion and bumped the "collisionRadius" of the "vayra_caliph_shieldpart" to 500 and after several fights it looks like it makes a bit more of a difference, i still notice that frigates will still bump into the shield when they are retreating to vent, etc.

There is an issue i found on the Caliph, this one i just noticed because it's been so long since i read the descriptions of the built-in hullmods. To quote part of the description of the Theocracy Targeting Core hullmod:

The hull of this massive superdreadnought modifies the installation of Converted Hangar, allowing for 2 bays in the main hull while reducing the OP cost of Kadur wings for all parts of the ship.

I don't know if the mentioned discount is being applied or not, but Converted Hangar still only gives one fighter bay on the central module when it should give out 2. Not sure if this is an error in the description or something else, the only thing i can think of that might be messing this up is that i also use Better Deserved S-Mods.
WILL FIX

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 31, 2022, 03:02:39 AM »

WILL FIX

Thanks!

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 31, 2022, 03:08:12 AM »

If a faction doesn't have the capability to defeat an ordo doesn't that make it underpowered? Considering ordos are supposed to be late game challenge I believe they are a good evaluation for whether a fleet is balanced or not.

Now to be honest kadur ships have nothing substantial to make up for their shield stats and manoeuvrability debuff (which are both one of the most important stats in fleet battles). It'd be great if kadur ships in general get more ordinance points or better flux stats.

Because adding heavy armor on top of their already abysmal manoeuvrability turns them into sitting bricks.

Anyway this is just my first impression, I will keep testing them with different builds and see what they really are capable of.
Kadurs mainly are good vs armor bricks, Ordos are.. well shield bricks. I'll probably look substantially at the weapons more and reduce a few OP cost which should give a little wiggle room for Kadur ships to put into vents and caps.
So, kadur ships are best to face the mothership and criosleeper guardian, not the remnant nexus? Is that what you mean?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 31, 2022, 09:51:37 PM »

Specifically, player Kadur ships will need to go out-of-faction to really get their shield bully on. That said, I've always liked Jezails for smashing shields outside the range of retaliation, but for anything with large mounts, you'll likely need either the Kadur ur-grav-beam or you'll need to use something like autocannons or gauss cannons.

It's hardly impossible, but "standard" Kadur loadouts can struggle a bit with shields.

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 17, 2022, 07:16:08 AM »

WILL FIX

On a related note, it seems the Caliph's Missile Autoforge doesn't work. Didn't get a single missile back after sitting around for several minutes.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 18, 2022, 04:32:29 PM »

Some people commented on this a few pages back, but I'll add my two cents anyways. Kadur remnant lost one of their two colonies before I had my first capital ship (and I'm no slow-poke in that regard). Hegemony invaded them with multiple large fleets including numerous onslaughts. Their "star fortress" equivalent was no match. Because I'm doing a playthrough as them, I didn't want them to be destroyed when I had no chance of saving them. So I made the following edits to allow them to survive:

\Kadur Remnant\data\config\exerelinFactionConfig\kadur_remnant.json

"diplomacyPositiveChance":{ "hegemony":1.0 }
    "diplomacyNegativeChance":{ "hegemony":1.5 },
   "dispositions":{
      "hegemony":-35,

I also used console commands to raise the relation with hegemony to -40 to prevent their invasion fleet from attacking (to retain my save progress). Anyways, they might need rebalancing so that they aren't auto-wiped.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 19, 2022, 10:59:01 AM »

Do remember that if you want the full Kadur Remnant experience, you ideally should have Vayra's Sector installed as well, because that gives them the framework to have pirate-style raider bases, which allows them to put a bit more pressure out.

Otherwise, they are going to be a very small presence in any sector.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 20, 2022, 10:32:15 AM »

Do remember that if you want the full Kadur Remnant experience, you ideally should have Vayra's Sector installed as well...

Thank you!

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 05, 2023, 08:55:21 PM »

Last update is up with combat buffs, a new ship, and revamped missions!
Changelog Kadur Remnant 3.2.3support5
Missions
K1-K7 now has mission rewards (however K5, K6, and K7 are only Nexerlin-exclusive).
K1-K7 has Content Unlocking Mission integration (with attached officers).
K6 has been revamped to not be impossible to complete.
Bugfix
+ Fixed a bug where Matyr's Blessing wasn't applied properly (This means all Kadur ships gain speed/flux  buffs the lower their hull got)
+ Fixed Caliph not providing extra bays and reduced OP cost for kadur wings
Qamar Insurgency
+ On a rare blue moon, the Prophet will return.
Kadur Guardian IFF Relay
+ +5% increased combat performance (speed, damage taken, damage reduced) for fighters
+ S-mod bonus is doubled its bonuses.
+ Can be installed on Capital.
Seraph
* Fixed rare bug where Seraph ship system can affect enemy wings launched by Seraph.
+ Seraph now has Guardian IFF Relay as a built-in.
Jahannam Siege Cannon
* Name renamed to Jahannam Fission Siege Cannon
+ Reload size increased from 7 to 10 (so it reloads fully with Expanded Magazines)
+ Reduced OP from 30 to 27.
Impulse PD Oscillator
+ OP cost reduced from 6 to 5.
+ Flux/sec reduced from 100 to 75.
Sling ADS Pod
+ OP Cost reduced from 4 to 3.
Capacitive Rod Launcher
+ OP cost reduced from 16 to 15.
+ Flux/shot reduced from 1000 to 900.
+ Effect radius increased from 100 su to 150 su.
Jerboa Microspike Launcher
+ Ammo increased from 20 to 24.
Jezebel Spike Torp
+ Increased damage to match its medium counterpart.
Burst Fission CIWS
+ OP cost reduced from 7 to 6.
Frag Splintergun
+ OP cost reduced from 7 to 5.
Light Chemrail
+ Damage/shot: 175 increased to 200
Chemical Rail Cannon
+ Damage/shot: 175 increased to 200
Ultracaliber Heavy Chemrail
+ Damage/shot: 400 increased to 425
Gyrojet Driver
+ Min spread reduced from 4 to 0.
+ Max spread reduced from 12 to 10.
- Spread/shot increased from 4 to 5.
Fission Strike Rifle
+ Reload size increased from 1 to 2.
Capacitive Cannister Gun/Shockweb Cannister Battery
* Encouraged its autofiring AI to fire more often.
Multirail Assault Splintergun
+ Flux/shot reduced from 80 to 70.
+ Reload size increased from 10 to 20.
- Reload seconds increased from 4 to 6.
Crystalline Resonance Splintergun
- Missile top speed: 500 decreased to 400
- Fixed bug where it was applying 100% HE as its secondary damage instead of 50% HE
+ Increased HE secondary damage to 75%
+ Flux/shot: 120 -> 105
* Changed weapon type to Composite (Ballistic) from Ballistic
+ Maybe fixed a bug where weapon permanently jammed? (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=25448.msg379386#msg379386)
* No debris when shot down (didn't look like crystal debris anyway and will improve performance)
Crystalline Splinter Torp
+ Primary Missile hitpoints: 75 -> 200
+ Ammo increased from 1 to 2.
- Refire delay increased from 5 to 10.
- Fixed bug where it was applying 100% HE as its secondary damage instead of 50% HE
+ Increased HE secondary damage to 75%
* No debris when shot down (didn't look like crystal debris anyway and will improve performance)
Jezebel Spike Torp
+ Refire delay reduced from 5 to 1.
+ OP cost reduced from 2 to 1.
Jezebel Spike Torpedo Launcher
+ Fixed rendering bug
Jerboa Microspike Launcher
+ Ammo increased from 20 to 24.
+ Refire delay decreased from 8.3 to 5.
Joshua AA-MMLS
+ OP cost reduced from 12 to 9.
Jacana Spike Pod
+ Reduced refire delay from 5.3 to 5.
* Reduced debris
Jacana Spike Battery
+ Ammo increased from 24 to 32.
+ Reduced burst delay from 0.3 to 0.25.
* Reduced debris
All Jaya missiles
* Reduced debris
Jinn-class LRT Launcher
+ Reload timer decreased from 60 to 45.
Immortal Assault Corvette
+ Replacement time decreased from 45 to 30.
Dervish Interceptor
+ Replacement time decreased from 8 to 6.
+ Joshua AAM Pod now reloads 1 missile every 5 seconds instead of 2 missiles every 10 seconds.
+ OP cost decreased from 5 to 4.
Martyr Assault Drone
+ May be installed on carriers with Automated Ship hullmod.
Termite Kinetic Drone
+ OP cost decreased from 3 to 1.
+ Replacement time decreased from 6 to 5.
+ May be installed on carriers with Automated Ship hullmod.
[close]

balordezul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 21, 2023, 04:13:21 AM »

I'm a bit rusty right now after returning to the game from a significant break.  I tried to get a Kadur play-through off the ground a few times but ran into some hiccups and wanted feedback.  When I first started playing modded starsector years ago I had some awesome wars vs the Kadur Remnant and wanted to give them a go after I saw they had been supported against.  So thank you to such a great modding community.

The biggest problem I'm facing is the home star system with the pirates plus the AI being stupid.  I run the common mods Nex, Vayra's Sector, Underworld and some other various mods that might impact this, mostly pirate ship variety mods. 

Being pinned between two pirate planets the Kadur fleets are wrecked within short order on five different game starts. This has made the starting system a toxic location for an early game player.  The Kadur fleets split up heavily as there is so much pirate activity and get taken out by the few large dangerous pirate fleets or suicide the large pirate station with fairly weak forces.  

I know there is always a chance of different mods having odd interactions but to have two pirate bases very close on both sides of the starting planet feels rough.  Is this a case of a perfect storm where I have the common mods in line like Underworld and associates mods that makes this a very unpleasant home system.  

Is the goal to force the player away from this system?  I guess I need to understand this a little better or need some suggestions on how to deal with starting in the middle of a war zone where your forces are doomed. 

Marcial

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 24, 2023, 01:07:32 PM »

I'm a bit rusty right now after returning to the game from a significant break.  I tried to get a Kadur play-through off the ground a few times but ran into some hiccups and wanted feedback.  When I first started playing modded starsector years ago I had some awesome wars vs the Kadur Remnant and wanted to give them a go after I saw they had been supported against.  So thank you to such a great modding community.

The biggest problem I'm facing is the home star system with the pirates plus the AI being stupid.  I run the common mods Nex, Vayra's Sector, Underworld and some other various mods that might impact this, mostly pirate ship variety mods.

Being pinned between two pirate planets the Kadur fleets are wrecked within short order on five different game starts. This has made the starting system a toxic location for an early game player.  The Kadur fleets split up heavily as there is so much pirate activity and get taken out by the few large dangerous pirate fleets or suicide the large pirate station with fairly weak forces. 

I know there is always a chance of different mods having odd interactions but to have two pirate bases very close on both sides of the starting planet feels rough.  Is this a case of a perfect storm where I have the common mods in line like Underworld and associates mods that makes this a very unpleasant home system. 

Is the goal to force the player away from this system?  I guess I need to understand this a little better or need some suggestions on how to deal with starting in the middle of a war zone where your forces are doomed.

If you are playing with nex its gona be pain, and i recommend a couple restarts, even starting with a grand fleet i took some time until i got a wining strategy but you can definatly do it with lower fleet starts by taking advantage of the derilect ships in the Mirage sector to boltster your fleet.

my strategy:
Spoiler
At the start of the game both Star Fortress Requiem and Tortuga (pirates) will pump out a big fleet and duke it out eventualy, its wise to influence this fight in favour of Kadur, you may try luring the pirates into the starbase and use it as cover, make as much money as possible during this phase from the pirates, then procede to the Mirage sector and grab all the derilects you can, sell or keep depending on how atractive the ships are to you, there is plenty of ships near kadur, in the inner jump theres a big one, the gate, ghestralt etc, kadur fleets in the miracle system are weak in comparisson to Hegemony so unless you see multiple fleets ganking one stay clear of hegemony stacks, now you need money, Kadur starts with 2 lvl 5 settlements, and Star fortress Requiem pumps way more than the faction needs for heavy weapons, supplies and heavy machinery, take your time in the mirage sector to see good business oportunities, quickly make some buck (heavy weapons are OP for this), after this you need to stabelize the gehena sector, most of the troubles in gehena come from the lvl 3 colony perdiction point, its pretty easy to conquer it should be your 1st prio, because most trade will be safe after that and the patrols can focus on tortuga, after this you need to start to get ready to defend your colony in the Mirage system, out of all the times ive started the game with kadur mod on, hegemony allways invades it, and if the player is not there to help defend it gets taken over, you can help defend with your fleet, or you can use the abundance of cheap goods from Star Fortress Requiem to make sure the rebelions succeed, its definatly a rough early start, very diferent from most factions, like guerilla style you main objective is to simply survive as a faction until hegemony war weariness is so high they ceasefire, and most of the factions that start hostile with kadur tend to drift to neutral, after this still takes time and dedication to build a good base but if you stabelize both systems and end up taking them over, kadur remnants gets really strong as a faction
[close]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 09:39:58 PM by Marcial »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45