Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Hyperspace Topography (10/12/22)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 596933 times)

Dadada

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27
« Reply #615 on: September 28, 2022, 06:22:33 AM »

>I will look at weapons and wings in support4
Nice, thank you.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 28, 2022, 06:34:49 PM »

Quote from: Timid
My success was using Solar Shielding or Shield Shunting them.  ;) Kadur ships aren't really built to fight vs Ordo fleets (ordos can phase out and outmanuever most of kadur's ship system) but otherwise Kadur carriers have some success as opposed to Ordo carriers.

If a faction doesn't have the capability to defeat an ordo doesn't that make it underpowered? Considering ordos are supposed to be late game challenge I believe they are a good evaluation for whether a fleet is balanced or not.

Now to be honest kadur ships have nothing substantial to make up for their shield stats and manoeuvrability debuff (which are both one of the most important stats in fleet battles). It'd be great if kadur ships in general get more ordinance points or better flux stats.

Because adding heavy armor on top of their already abysmal manoeuvrability turns them into sitting bricks.

Anyway this is just my first impression, I will keep testing them with different builds and see what they really are capable of.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 29, 2022, 08:41:59 PM »

If a faction doesn't have the capability to defeat an ordo doesn't that make it underpowered? Considering ordos are supposed to be late game challenge I believe they are a good evaluation for whether a fleet is balanced or not.

Now to be honest kadur ships have nothing substantial to make up for their shield stats and manoeuvrability debuff (which are both one of the most important stats in fleet battles). It'd be great if kadur ships in general get more ordinance points or better flux stats.

Because adding heavy armor on top of their already abysmal manoeuvrability turns them into sitting bricks.

Anyway this is just my first impression, I will keep testing them with different builds and see what they really are capable of.
Kadurs mainly are good vs armor bricks, Ordos are.. well shield bricks. I'll probably look substantially at the weapons more and reduce a few OP cost which should give a little wiggle room for Kadur ships to put into vents and caps.

e

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #618 on: October 23, 2022, 11:19:11 PM »

I wanted to ask, there's a bit of an issue with the Caliph, to be clear, it's been an "always" problem, even when Vayra was active but just learned to live with it and didn't see it as an issue worth posting about, now i wonder if anything can actually be done about it.

While fighting, allied ships (mostly frigates) have a tendency to fly around the Caliph and this usually means that they will bump into your shield and overload themselves or worse, blow themselves up after a couple of seemingly light touches. I usually fight from a reasonable distance, but sometimes a frigate will want to run away to vent its flux and I've seen it crash face first into one of the Caliph's shields and blow apart, it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough.

I was wondering if there's something at all that can be done about it, because i always assumed it was just vanilla starsector AI behavior, considering that allied non-player ships usually can bump into your ship, as if they would forget you're there, it's just that with the Caliph this is more noticeable because it's shields hurt a lot (They are made for ramming).

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 24, 2022, 06:31:03 AM »

I wanted to ask, there's a bit of an issue with the Caliph, to be clear, it's been an "always" problem, even when Vayra was active but just learned to live with it and didn't see it as an issue worth posting about, now i wonder if anything can actually be done about it.

While fighting, allied ships (mostly frigates) have a tendency to fly around the Caliph and this usually means that they will bump into your shield and overload themselves or worse, blow themselves up after a couple of seemingly light touches. I usually fight from a reasonable distance, but sometimes a frigate will want to run away to vent its flux and I've seen it crash face first into one of the Caliph's shields and blow apart, it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough.

I was wondering if there's something at all that can be done about it, because i always assumed it was just vanilla starsector AI behavior, considering that allied non-player ships usually can bump into your ship, as if they would forget you're there, it's just that with the Caliph this is more noticeable because it's shields hurt a lot (They are made for ramming).

I remember the fix was dramatically increasing the collision radius when its shield is on.

e

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #620 on: October 26, 2022, 08:54:19 PM »

I remember the fix was dramatically increasing the collision radius when its shield is on.

Followed your suggestion and bumped the "collisionRadius" of the "vayra_caliph_shieldpart" to 500 and after several fights it looks like it makes a bit more of a difference, i still notice that frigates will still bump into the shield when they are retreating to vent, etc.

--------------------------------

There is an issue i found on the Caliph, this one i just noticed because it's been so long since i read the descriptions of the built-in hullmods. To quote part of the description of the Theocracy Targeting Core hullmod:

The hull of this massive superdreadnought modifies the installation of Converted Hangar, allowing for 2 bays in the main hull while reducing the OP cost of Kadur wings for all parts of the ship.

I don't know if the mentioned discount is being applied or not, but Converted Hangar still only gives one fighter bay on the central module when it should give out 2. Not sure if this is an error in the description or something else, the only thing i can think of that might be messing this up is that i also use Better Deserved S-Mods.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 31, 2022, 02:39:22 AM »

Followed your suggestion and bumped the "collisionRadius" of the "vayra_caliph_shieldpart" to 500 and after several fights it looks like it makes a bit more of a difference, i still notice that frigates will still bump into the shield when they are retreating to vent, etc.

There is an issue i found on the Caliph, this one i just noticed because it's been so long since i read the descriptions of the built-in hullmods. To quote part of the description of the Theocracy Targeting Core hullmod:

The hull of this massive superdreadnought modifies the installation of Converted Hangar, allowing for 2 bays in the main hull while reducing the OP cost of Kadur wings for all parts of the ship.

I don't know if the mentioned discount is being applied or not, but Converted Hangar still only gives one fighter bay on the central module when it should give out 2. Not sure if this is an error in the description or something else, the only thing i can think of that might be messing this up is that i also use Better Deserved S-Mods.
WILL FIX

e

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: October 31, 2022, 03:02:39 AM »

WILL FIX

Thanks!

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 31, 2022, 03:08:12 AM »

Kadurs mainly are good vs armor bricks, Ordos are.. well shield bricks. I'll probably look substantially at the weapons more and reduce a few OP cost which should give a little wiggle room for Kadur ships to put into vents and caps.
So, kadur ships are best to face the mothership and criosleeper guardian, not the remnant nexus? Is that what you mean?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 31, 2022, 09:51:37 PM »

Specifically, player Kadur ships will need to go out-of-faction to really get their shield bully on. That said, I've always liked Jezails for smashing shields outside the range of retaliation, but for anything with large mounts, you'll likely need either the Kadur ur-grav-beam or you'll need to use something like autocannons or gauss cannons.

It's hardly impossible, but "standard" Kadur loadouts can struggle a bit with shields.

Uther Phobos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 17, 2022, 07:16:08 AM »

WILL FIX

On a related note, it seems the Caliph's Missile Autoforge doesn't work. Didn't get a single missile back after sitting around for several minutes.

ApolloStarsector

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 18, 2022, 04:32:29 PM »

Some people commented on this a few pages back, but I'll add my two cents anyways. Kadur remnant lost one of their two colonies before I had my first capital ship (and I'm no slow-poke in that regard). Hegemony invaded them with multiple large fleets including numerous onslaughts. Their "star fortress" equivalent was no match. Because I'm doing a playthrough as them, I didn't want them to be destroyed when I had no chance of saving them. So I made the following edits to allow them to survive:

\Kadur Remnant\data\config\exerelinFactionConfig\kadur_remnant.json

"diplomacyPositiveChance":{ "hegemony":1.0 }
    "diplomacyNegativeChance":{ "hegemony":1.5 },
   "dispositions":{
      "hegemony":-35,

I also used console commands to raise the relation with hegemony to -40 to prevent their invasion fleet from attacking (to retain my save progress). Anyways, they might need rebalancing so that they aren't auto-wiped.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 19, 2022, 10:59:01 AM »

Do remember that if you want the full Kadur Remnant experience, you ideally should have Vayra's Sector installed as well, because that gives them the framework to have pirate-style raider bases, which allows them to put a bit more pressure out.

Otherwise, they are going to be a very small presence in any sector.

ApolloStarsector

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 20, 2022, 10:32:15 AM »

Do remember that if you want the full Kadur Remnant experience, you ideally should have Vayra's Sector installed as well...

Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]