Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 696039 times)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2022, 08:58:14 AM »

also since you are working on the mod i get a nullpoint exception on one of the derelict ships in near Kadur.

Scythe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 20, 2022, 09:20:54 AM »

Hey Timid

Thanks for updating the mod unfortunately I get a jsonobject.dryDock error when starting a game

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 20, 2022, 09:50:17 AM »

Nice, thx for the update. Bless Vayra and Timid. <3

Madbadger2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 20, 2022, 11:28:29 AM »

Hey Timid

Thanks for updating the mod unfortunately I get a jsonobject.dryDock error when starting a game

Same. I do not use IndEvo, if that matters (and I suspect it might).

Edit: Yeah from the log it is a crash on generation of Star Fortress Requiem when checking a Boolean that probably only exists in IndEvo - that Drydock thing that is newly added.  There appears to be no check in the code to see if you have IndEvo active.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 12:27:20 PM by Madbadger2 »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 20, 2022, 12:41:41 PM »

Hey Timid

Same. I do not use IndEvo, if that matters (and I suspect it might).

Edit: Yeah from the log it is a crash on generation of Star Fortress Requiem when checking a Boolean that probably only exists in IndEvo - that Drydock thing that is newly added.  There appears to be no check in the code to see if you have IndEvo active.

ooops i forgot ill release a hotfix this night
Thank you! I had already implemented a few of these in my local version (like the hegemony relations change) to try to get them to last longer in Nex. One thing to check, if you haven't already, is the mining fleet variants in kadur_remnant.json in exerelinFactionConfig no longer exist
"    "miningVariantsOrWings":["vayra_sirocco_a", "vayra_sirocco_cs", "vayra_sirocco_f", "vayra_sirocco_m"],"

(will check the new file in a sec)

Edit: Yeah, it's still there - none of those variants exist anymore. I wasn't sure how to fix it, or even if it matters, but a friend had an invalid variant for a mining fleet crash for a different faction once, so I thought I'd mention it.
that could be useful thx

also since you are working on the mod i get a nullpoint exception on one of the derelict ships in near Kadur.
i looked at the 3 derelict ships and couldn't find any nullpoint exception, sure you're not downloading from old kadur remnant?

Madbadger2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 20, 2022, 02:11:31 PM »

Also, this is a very minor fix, but if you are doing stuff anyway - the Sozzer Red HVB ship got slightly broken when Vayra changed the Sunbird built-in wing - because the HVB changes it to something else and it didn't get updated.

In vayra_sunbird_sozzer.skin, change:
"  "removeBuiltInWings": [
    "vayra_termite_wing"
  ],
  "builtInWings": [
    "vayra_pirate_harpoondrone_wing"
  ],"
to
"  "removeBuiltInWings": [
    "vayra_sunbird_builtin_wing"
  ],
  "builtInWings": [
    "vayra_pirate_harpoondrone_wing"
  ],"

And Sozzer will get back the cool Harpoon drone wing which was blocked previously 8-)

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 22, 2022, 07:09:52 PM »

I installed this and played for a while as another faction.  After about a year, the Hegemony invaded Fort Toxx, which makes no sense as it's 1) a pirate hideout, and only the player invades pirate hideouts, 2) a chaotic junkyard orbiting a poisoned and useless world. 

Then Hegemony and Kadur agreed to a ceasefire.

Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  Wrong.

Also, your changes to Tortuga are entirely unnecessary and ruin the place's atmosphere, and I also disagree with the changes to Oasis.  This was a system that held out against full-scale Ham-Agony assault for quite a while; they necessarily had a lot of people and a lot of industry. 

Gonna roll back to the old version for now, with the jury-rigged Caliph.  If you want to post a stripped-down version with just clear fixes - Caliph, derelict, maybe that fighter mentioned just above - that would be good.  But as it stands you're putting entirely too much of your own spin on it, and turning it into something it wasn't.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 22, 2022, 11:41:57 PM »

I installed this and played for a while as another faction.  After about a year, the Hegemony invaded Fort Toxx, which makes no sense as it's 1) a pirate hideout, and only the player invades pirate hideouts, 2) a chaotic junkyard orbiting a poisoned and useless world.
Hmmm I misread the code, I guess any pirate markets with a revanchist claim from an original faction can be invaded by anyone. Thought factions could only retake markets with their own revanchist claim I'll revert that.

Then Hegemony and Kadur agreed to a ceasefire.

Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  Wrong.
Ceasefires aren't peace treaties. The Hegemony and Kadur will never be on good terms. However, factions in Nexerelin don't handle perma-war well anymore (because unlike Hegemony, Kadurs will literally war-wear themselves to death and will never get anything to be doomed to an eventual death without player babysitting intervention). On another case, I'll probably need to add a negative disposition debuff to Hegemony-Kadur so they would maybe once in a blue moon get a positive event between the two while almost always negative events.
Also, your changes to Tortuga are entirely unnecessary and ruin the place's atmosphere
The conditions removed are defunct do not work as their description indicates at all. Whatever still works was still kept. It does look weird and janky when you read
Code
Increases demand for hand weapons (by both various crime bosses and local citizenry) and marines (by the local authorities).
in Organized Crime and then code-wise, all it does is deduct stability.
Same for reading dissident population, seeing
Code
$market is a dumping-ground for dissidents, rebels, free-thinkers, artists, and other troublemakers. Increases demand for weapons and marines to police the rabble. Increases availability of crew due to emigration.
and instead you get -1 stability. The conditions would've worked in older versions of Starsector and I would've kept it if they were stacked, but not anymore, unfortunately. It just ends up becoming a misleading perma-stability reduction or bonus. This is the same argument I make for the numerous amount of Waystations. They existed when accessibility was definitely hard to get-by now with a more lenient accessibility formula, the waystation becomes unnecessary. If you're talking about the IndEvo changes, they actually fit the Tortuga Station much better. Privateer Base will earn them a HUGE AMOUNT of commodities than what Light Industry and Refining will make to sell to you or hold onto if they are raiding as they should be and the Dry Dock definitely works out in helping to loosen out d-mods off usual pirate hulls.
I also disagree with the changes to Oasis.  This was a system that held out against full-scale Ham-Agony assault for quite a while; they necessarily had a lot of people and a lot of industry.
Although I'm sad I had to downgrade the size 8 to size 7, it would have just been a prime target nex-AI wise to be captured by any enemy of Kadur (which they had plenty) I only removed the Heavy Industry simply because the Hegemony did not need 1 more as well as it gave them a much-needed power in invading other markets. The ideal farming colony shouldn't have Heavy Industry (as this would've attracted Pathers too) polluting their atmosphere and ruining their farming output.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 25, 2022, 05:06:39 AM »

Heyho, if you plan to do balancing too, could take a look at the large energy beam weapon "Joachim Graviton Sweeper"? It has a long cooldown but spikes hard flux on contact with enemy shields for 10% per second, one sweep after the long cooldown (8s or something?) easily generates 30%-50%(!) hard flux over a few seconds, that's super OP, I think the value should lowered to 3% or 4% hard flux per second on shield contact, raw damage could be upped to compensate damage output against smaller targets if the percentage nerf is severe. It's probably close to the strongest or the strongest anti shield weapon in the game.

Quote from OP: "Joachim Graviton Sweeper - Sweeps large volume of space with graviton-warping energy beam. Spikes target's hard flux and causes disabling EMP arcs when impacting shields, but has little effect against armor."

If you don't do balancing or vanilla adjacent balance was never the goal, then this post never happend. :D
Thank you and Vayra.

E: After short testing it seems like "Joachim" deals damage 1/3 as hard flux and 2/3 as soft flux? ?? o.O Also deals roughly 1/4 less damage than I proclaimed, still OP and still one of my favourite "shield-begone" weapons. Somehow it turns into hard Flux if it hits a Paragon with fortress shield...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 08:52:46 AM by Dadada »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 27, 2022, 02:33:24 AM »

Kadur Majority
+ Penalty no longer applies if Kadur are no longer alive.

In my game on patch 3.2.3support3, i have eliminated the kadur and the penalty goes away as intended, however after some time, it comes back seemingly for no reason, after looking for a bit, turns out that it counts their resurgence base as "being alive" even though the faction is technically dead.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 28, 2022, 05:32:51 AM »

Did anyone manage to defeat am Ordo with a kadur ships only fleet?

The shield stats hurt way too much to be honest...

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 28, 2022, 05:59:17 AM »

Heyho, if you plan to do balancing too, could take a look at the large energy beam weapon "Joachim Graviton Sweeper"? It has a long cooldown but spikes hard flux on contact with enemy shields for 10% per second, one sweep after the long cooldown (8s or something?) easily generates 30%-50%(!) hard flux over a few seconds, that's super OP, I think the value should lowered to 3% or 4% hard flux per second on shield contact, raw damage could be upped to compensate damage output against smaller targets if the percentage nerf is severe. It's probably close to the strongest or the strongest anti shield weapon in the game.

Quote from OP: "Joachim Graviton Sweeper - Sweeps large volume of space with graviton-warping energy beam. Spikes target's hard flux and causes disabling EMP arcs when impacting shields, but has little effect against armor."

If you don't do balancing or vanilla adjacent balance was never the goal, then this post never happend. :D
Thank you and Vayra.

E: After short testing it seems like "Joachim" deals damage 1/3 as hard flux and 2/3 as soft flux? ?? o.O Also deals roughly 1/4 less damage than I proclaimed, still OP and still one of my favourite "shield-begone" weapons. Somehow it turns into hard Flux if it hits a Paragon with fortress shield...
I will look at weapons and wings in support4

In my game on patch 3.2.3support3, i have eliminated the kadur and the penalty goes away as intended, however after some time, it comes back seemingly for no reason, after looking for a bit, turns out that it counts their resurgence base as "being alive" even though the faction is technically dead.
Normally Vayra would say Kadur never dies as long as a raider base still exist, but I'll look into it and fix it.

Did anyone manage to defeat am Ordo with a kadur ships only fleet?

The shield stats hurt way too much to be honest...
My success was using Solar Shielding or Shield Shunting them.  ;) Kadur ships aren't really built to fight vs Ordo fleets (ordos can phase out and outmanuever most of kadur's ship system) but otherwise Kadur carriers have some success as opposed to Ordo carriers.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 28, 2022, 06:22:33 AM »

>I will look at weapons and wings in support4
Nice, thank you.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 28, 2022, 06:34:49 PM »

Quote from: Timid
My success was using Solar Shielding or Shield Shunting them.  ;) Kadur ships aren't really built to fight vs Ordo fleets (ordos can phase out and outmanuever most of kadur's ship system) but otherwise Kadur carriers have some success as opposed to Ordo carriers.

If a faction doesn't have the capability to defeat an ordo doesn't that make it underpowered? Considering ordos are supposed to be late game challenge I believe they are a good evaluation for whether a fleet is balanced or not.

Now to be honest kadur ships have nothing substantial to make up for their shield stats and manoeuvrability debuff (which are both one of the most important stats in fleet battles). It'd be great if kadur ships in general get more ordinance points or better flux stats.

Because adding heavy armor on top of their already abysmal manoeuvrability turns them into sitting bricks.

Anyway this is just my first impression, I will keep testing them with different builds and see what they really are capable of.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45