Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 695963 times)

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27
« Reply #555 on: May 20, 2021, 01:52:32 PM »

Just wanted to report that something is buggy with the Kadur blueprint packages, they never seem to refresh. I noticed after a combination of using stelnet to remote check the markets and the fact that after buying all but one of the blueprint packages at the Revenant Gestalt no more ever spawned there.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 29, 2021, 07:17:57 PM »

So on a different tack: is it possible for Kadur and the Hegemony to ever "make peace" in Nex?

I helped them actually retake Oasis naturalistically, and most recently there was a dual attempt by the Heggie-SinFash Axis of my game to counter this and take over the Remnant Gestalt. While that made for a cool set-piece multi-battle, and Kadur is doing a lot better, it'd be nice to be able to cruise around for a while and do some exploring without worrying too hard about Kadur getting wiped out. Sindria made peace with Kadur afterward, so I'm just wondering if the Hegemony and Kadur are hardwired to hate each other or if peace is possible.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 01, 2021, 11:57:56 PM »

probably a stupid question... but this mod requires a fresh save, no?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 02, 2021, 12:09:24 AM »

probably a stupid question... but this mod requires a fresh save, no?

I have not once tried to install this faction mod on an already in progress campaign, but I'm almost certain the results will range between.
1)save does not break, new ships are added aswell as the Kadur Diplomacy profile but their one colony does not spawn.
2)save breaks, with Nex probably ensuring it does by sheer addition of faction related content. That said I would not put it above Nex's capabilities to not break the game and have a world event where the faction will try to spawn on it's own! Histidine has applied an incredible amount of polish into the mod.

Have fun playing Kadur by the way, especially now that you can have Shield Shunt Prophet, Ziz, Sphinx and Golem without needing more mods to make it work  8)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 02, 2021, 12:18:55 AM »

aight, i'll see if i can plug it in. i have nex, but kinda disabled all the expansion/random factions stuff. irks me when planets i aint surveyed yet get taken over XD

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 02, 2021, 01:05:28 AM »

aight, i'll see if i can plug it in. i have nex, but kinda disabled all the expansion/random factions stuff. irks me when planets i aint surveyed yet get taken over XD

I'll risk the wrath of the Harpoon Afectionado by talking about a mod in another mod's thread, but I rarely use Nex these days, mostly because I feel bad about butchering all of its amazing features in the settings file since my laptop can't handle the diffused bloating of the sector happening mid-to-late game.

I vividly remember playing my first Kadur Campaign (as Kekdurgnello, while also abusing a couple of Shield Bypass Prophets no less, which I think you can still see in actions some pages back in this thread  ;)) and witnessing the faction getting absolutely curbstomped and eliminated off the Sector at large by the Hegemony not even 3 cycles into the game. It was kind of fun having to do methaporical sommersaults to allow the Faction to successfully respawn tough, if you're into that.

I also forgot to mention Kadur has some of my personal favourite weapons in the modiverse, namely the Hauberk CIWs, the Jezail and Chemrail family, the Canister boys, the Gyrojet Driver and the telephone pole launcher, also known as the Capacitive Rod Launcher just to name my fav ones. There are also some amazing missile options too if you're into that.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 02, 2021, 09:51:21 AM »

The Large Chemrails are hilariously good on the Infernal Machine. Even with the lower shield/armor damage, being able to shoot as far as the hellfire cannon and doing as much DPS as they do really turns TIM into a killing machine, especially at high levels.

Anyway, to answer my own question: no, Kadur cannot make peace with the Hegemony under any circumstances. While from a lore perspective it's really understandable, from a gameplay perspective I think it's the main reason Kadur typically gets stomped so badly: they just often have no time to regroup and prepare for another attack, even if they retake Oasis.

I sort of feel like, if it's possible, it might be cool to put a trigger in to alter their disposition cap toward the Hegemony: if they control all three "Kadur" settlements and they have beaten at least, say, two invasions or raids (likely with player help), the disposition cap goes from -60 to -30 and they can make at least a temporary peace with the Hegemony. It'd help them stick around a lot longer without needing constant babysitting from the player, I think.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2021, 09:16:10 AM »

Am I doing something wrong or Kadur small ships are abysmal?

Even with stabilized shield they get overfluxed way too quickly. Is there a hullmod or something that can properly cover that weakness? I can't take points in the battle because even a falchion can't beat a small frigate because of the shield stats

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2021, 09:19:18 AM »

A lot of Kadur frigates would benefit from both the right-click Damper Field functionality and from Rugged Construction come the next update, I suspect.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2021, 09:20:21 AM »

Am I doing something wrong or Kadur small ships are abysmal?

Even with stabilized shield they get overfluxed way too quickly. Is there a hullmod or something that can properly cover that weakness? I can't take points in the battle because even a falchion can't beat a small frigate because of the shield stats

Shield shunt is your friend on anything cruiser size and up, really. This is going to hold true until Vanilla STarsector introduces an AI that's actually capable of the fabled technique called "armor tanking"

You can try and attempt to rectify the shields with both Hardened Shields and Solar Shielding (which you're gonna have to install anyway for hull and armor) but my general suggestion for small Kadur ships is to have they stay at long raneg and using limitless ammo missiles plus Jezails, while the bigger ships that can feasibly use shield shunt and armor tank go in closer.

Edit: And yes what Harmful Mechanic says also hold true. Kadur as a faction would greatly benefit from giving their ships dual abilities, especially the ones I've found "needing" of some love, like the Sphinx and the smaller direct fire focused ones.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:22:09 AM by Arcagnello »

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 15, 2021, 07:59:43 AM »

You could also set

"maxFactionRespawns": 3,

To something higher! That way you have a lot of chances at making a faction come back. Of course, this might work against you. Perhaps you should also set

"factionRespawnInterval": 120,

To a much higher number, so you can actually achieve victory within a time span. Or is it impossible to achieve victory if respawns are enabled at all?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 15, 2021, 04:13:42 PM »

With Kadur, the intent is that you commit to them fairly early and help them out or they're in trouble; they have bitten off more than they can chew, and they are going to struggle in a Nex game without your help. If you don't commit within the first year or two to really helping them out and helping them survive (thus making an enemy of the Hegemony in the process), yes, they are going to get wiped out. If you have them installed but don't want to focus on them, prepare for them to just be a background element that gets wiped out comparatively early on, especially with Vayra's Sector currently non-operable.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 16, 2021, 11:25:55 AM »

Personally i disable invasions, expansions, saturations, and new factions. factions still war and raid and such, but the actual ownership/colonies stays the same. i find this is a great way to feel like a living sector, without allowing the game to ruin itself under yer nose. also helps keep saves small.

kadur always gets their asses kicked... but they always survive to get their asses kicked again another day.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 16, 2021, 09:55:04 PM »

I just a case of their faction relations being utterly shite.  They rebelled, got trounced, and still hate all the other factions with the slight exception of SRA...thats a big no for Nex.

I just edited that file so they were friendlier with the factions that they already leaned toward(~25 to 50) and now they do fine for a long while, but still will get overwhelmed by Heg once they start to focus.

Kryzaec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2021, 08:23:19 PM »

HEAVY JEZAIL BATTERY FTW

this post was made by Jezail Gang
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 08:25:06 PM by Kryzaec »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45