Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 699272 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27
« Reply #540 on: March 27, 2021, 03:41:00 PM »

0.95 life support update

grab it from the OP
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

auhamas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 06, 2021, 05:58:33 AM »

i dunno about everyone else but the obtaining the caliph feels very meh for when you do acquire it. By cycle 208 or so i can relyable establish my own faction and entrench myself in the core sectors so by cycle 212 i doubt ill ever need the caliph when i have access to near limitless funds and near endless fleets. Ofc the caliph is very powerful but i feel the fight should still be hard but not have such late game requirements. Ive been playing starsector for about 1-1.5 years now and i dont think i ever went over cycle 210 without either owning most of the sector or being bored due to repetitiveness. Just some thoughs regarding the caliph. A possible nice addition would be having some nexerelin custom start with a heavilly damaged caliph and some damaged support ships but be hostile to all, could be some fun.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 08, 2021, 06:13:34 AM »

Unfortunately, I'm still on 0.9.1a and I can't seem to find old download links for previous versions of your mods please add your drive link for previous versions! I plead thy have mercy!  :-[
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Tindahbawx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 13, 2021, 02:26:58 AM »

Is anyone finding that a lot of the AI Kadur fleets seem to repeatedly get stuck in the black hole in their home system. They don't seem to avoid it or path round it whatsoever, so if you have conquered the system back for them, and they want to path across the middle of the system to reach a jump point or other planet they will blithely just sail themselves right into the black hole and get stuck. In my current playthrough at least half the fleets in that system must currently be stuck in the black hole. Surely thats a significant detriment to their economy?

Unfortunately, I'm still on 0.9.1a and I can't seem to find old download links for previous versions of your mods please add your drive link for previous versions! I plead thy have mercy!  :-[
Its the 2nd line after the header image in the OP, "Or click here for the last 0.9.1a version.".

WooksterRu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 15, 2021, 10:24:04 AM »

I'm sure varya is putting a lot of love and care preparing his mods for 0.95a. can't wait to immerse myself again in them with some brand new quality of life changes <3

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 15, 2021, 10:26:46 AM »

I'm sure varya is putting a lot of love and care preparing his mods for 0.95a. can't wait to immerse myself again in them with some brand new quality of life changes <3

Why are yall saying "his"? Vayras a she, lol

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 15, 2021, 03:56:29 PM »

You're aware of what it means to be new, right? Pedantic people are very difficult to like.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 16, 2021, 11:18:15 AM »

You're aware of what it means to be new, right? Pedantic people are very difficult to like.

@connortron7 Its a good thing to correct people when there's a wrong pronoun, but please be more polite about it. WooksterRu's message was very positive even if they did not know Vayra's pronouns.

@Inhilicon Also please be more polite. No need to cast personal aspersions.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 17, 2021, 02:43:13 AM »

I really like the mod, great work!

However, two suggestions:
  • Please provide a convenient option for disabling the colony music. In my opinion, the dance music is not fitting.
  • There should be a config file option to disable the Unknown Sky style art, because many people can't stand extreme stylistic disharmony with the style of the base game, and even worse is that it causes eye strain because there is so little contrast between the backgrounds and the fleet.
  • The picture for the Superdreadnought station doesn't match the game's art style. Details beyond the comfort zone of the artist can be avoided with an oversaturated scene like with a star in the background.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 01:33:14 PM by sqrt(-1) »

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 21, 2021, 10:56:17 PM »

Yeah, I agree about the music, for a Theocracry, that music feels out of place especially for their background lore, you know get nuked by planetary viral bomb that permanently change their planet and still try their hardest to take back Oasis and end Hegemony war crime track record. Give them dark chanting/praying ost similar to Ludd faction or just use them instead like in the old version will be more appropriate, but overall not really a big issue.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 22, 2021, 09:39:43 PM »

I really like the mod, great work!

However, two suggestions:
  • Please provide a convenient option for disabling the colony music. In my opinion, the dance music is not fitting.
  • There should be a config file option to disable the Unknown Sky style art, because many people can't stand extreme stylistic disharmony with the style of the base game, and even worse is that it causes eye strain because there is so little contrast between the backgrounds and the fleet.
  • The picture for the Superdreadnought station doesn't match the game's art style. Details beyond the comfort zone of the artist can be avoided with an oversaturated scene like with a star in the background.

One of your suggestions is merely a subjective opinion I hate to say it but I agree with you. This nevertheless isn't a valid issue the music can be changed by yourself many individuals have done this let her focus on bug and balance issues not "opinions". While art consistency is a thing it can never be perfect if you find something that is not to your liking replace the artwork personally. Creating art and music is a skill of its own, what varya has contributed to the community is in skill scripting and spriting with time she can remedy majority opinions but for now, I aim to advise you to remedy the situation yourself due to the nature of conflicting opinions and an artist's vision.

Please do not take this the wrong way. Perhaps a straw poll would provide conclusive feedback. @varya
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Venatos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 13, 2021, 10:58:16 AM »

weird, did a clean wipe and upgraded from 3.2 to 3.2.3, now i get a nullpointer exception when starting a nexerelin campaign.(starsector starts fine, i can do all the nexerelin options and do my startingskillpoints, then crash)

76578 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.SectorManager.getCorvusMode(SectorManager.java:439)
   at data.scripts.KadurModPlugin.onNewGame(KadurModPlugin.java:109)

edit: nvm, has to be something else, when i delete kadur it just crashes with another mod.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:12:07 AM by Venatos »

Futanagatari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 18, 2021, 08:59:08 AM »

Anyone know how to edit this mod to fix the Caliph's shield. It's bugged, goes down in 1 hit.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 18, 2021, 09:47:32 AM »

Kadur remnants always get decimated early game :(

I didn't even have the opportunity to check their ships

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 19, 2021, 03:29:00 AM »

Yup, I usually use console command to make Kadur invade Oasis at the start of Nex. They're just too weak in early game without the proper military support and allies.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45